Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Isn't pathfinder pretty much always viable since it's balanced around mouthbreathers that can't refill flasks before the effects expire? Any half decent build will keep 5 flasks up 100% of the time without even trying even without flaskfinder's stuff. The only reason I don't use it is because I can't be bothered to put the effort into managing 5 more equipment slots so I just use garbage utility flasks and mostly forget they exist unless I get frozen or am going to open a strongbox and then I piano flask. If you actually use them properly and buy/craft decent ones the benefits are huge.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Isn't pathfinder pretty much always viable since it's balanced around mouthbreathers that can't refill flasks before the effects expire? Any half decent build will keep 5 flasks up 100% of the time without even trying even without flaskfinder's stuff. The only reason I don't use it is because I can't be bothered to put the effort into managing 5 more equipment slots so I just use garbage utility flasks and mostly forget they exist unless I get frozen or am going to open a strongbox and then I piano flask. If you actually use them properly and buy/craft decent ones the benefits are huge.
Panic flasking is the only true flasking.

T. Reich

Arcane
i dont get bodyswap changes. When reading about them some time back i expected viable skill and instead you get... rework that wont make people use it?

You gotta read the bodyswap changes in tandem with this:
The Poet's Pen: Now triggers socketed spells at the end of an attack, rather than at the start. Now has a cooldown of 0.15 seconds (from 0.25).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
3.8.0 is yet to be released and they start leaking 3.9.0 patch notes already
e7ttmvgq6kk31.png

Gerrard

Arcane
Wow they literally reduced the damage of counter attacks to 1/3rd of the old value, what a bunch of fucking retards.

T. Reich

Arcane
How does infernal legion/explosion keystone scale?

Infernal legion is
modified by minion damage increases and other support gems.

Basically, you attach the nu-RF to a minion, so it scales with minion damage passives (and support gem) at the very least.
Possibly it also imbues minion with "aoe" tag, so you can slap concentrated effect there, and maybe burning damage support.
Just wait till Uberelite tests it, or something.

Minion instability scales with minion damage and life, so if you want big jusiciy explosions, your minion should have both of these support gems linked at the very least.
I'm sure the wiki has more info, the mechanics of this keystone haven't been changed from times immemorial.

T. Reich

Arcane
If cobra lash can be supported by GMP, it's up to 5*6=30 targets hit per skill use - really nice!
For bossing, just replace it with slower proj, and you'd still wreck the boss AND its adds.
If true, then it's potentially a new BIS skill for carrying any flat ele dmg stacking build (dex cold, HoWa, abyssal jewels, w/e).
And, of course, it looks sweet on deadeye, regardless.

I'm still playan skeletons + zombies as my league starter. It carried me hard in Incursion, including my first uber elder. And if anything, it's been super-buffed this league.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm still playan skeletons + zombies as my league starter.

Same here, it's going to be much more bonkers with new flesh (its flesh for me...) golem.
Dunno about feeding frenzy and meat shield supports though but going to use them anyway, will be different from previous at least.
Also max block, herald of purity and even thinking if I should use dominating blow just for the lulz (and fucking up my PC :))

T. Reich

Arcane
I'm still playan skeletons + zombies as my league starter.

Same here, it's going to be much more bonkers with new flesh (its flesh for me...) golem.
Dunno about feeding frenzy and meat shield supports though but going to use them anyway, will be different from previous at least.
Also max block, herald of purity and even thinking if I should use dominating blow just for the lulz (and fucking up my PC :))

I'm 100% slapping FF on both my skeletors and zomzoms.
Zombies need that aggressive behavior, so they'll get some real gud offensive benefit from the support.
Skellingtons are less so dependent on it, but I want to see the "skeletons use the dash ability if supported by FF" thing. I mean, I'm still stacking A TON of minion movement speed, but this may potentially mean even more reliable offscreening with skeletons. Barring that, I'll just switch to minion speed gem.

I'll use meat shield, too. I will have my animated guardian + golem + spectres linked together in boots. Being utility minions, I want them tankier, so meat shield is perfect for that.

In the end it seems that I'll have:
12-13 skeletons (+vaal) (300k++ dps per skeleton)
11-12 zombies (100k+ dps per zombie)
4 lvl84 spectres (2 carnage chieftans for frenzy charge generation + 2 bubble bros for their magic bubbles)
plus a golem and a guardian

P.S.: Are you going guardian, I take? Are you going to use Smite to buff the minionos?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am also going necro with summons but of different variety. All my summons are there to tank, Detonate Dead Ignite will do the damage. My plan is to use Aukune Will unique gloves and Mon'tegul Grasp scepter and new necro node Corpse Pact to get crazy life zombies (by my calculations they should have 100 000+ life). Then I will DD one to ignite everyone around it and let ignite kill everything :)
Zombies will of course have Feeding Frenzy and Inc Life supports so they are where they need to be and do an even bigger boom.
Fire Golems with new Elemental Army support to give me increased damage and to apply fire exposure and 3 or 4 spectres to give me frenzy charges and I was hoping to cast fire curse on enemies if such spectre is still available. If not, maybe I will also get the bubble bro for almost immunity to ranged attacks. I should have 10 summons so I can get full benefit from the new Bone Barrier necro node. I plan to use EB to solve mana issues so I can reserve all my mana.

Ignite DPS should reach over 500 000 when I am fully geared and tweeked. That is without EO or EE involved. Still not sure how to use those two (I was thinking for EE to get that ring that only gives it on that one skill).

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
P.S.: Are you going guardian, I take? Are you going to use Smite to buff the minionos?

Yeah, going to use both smite and dom.strike. We'll see how effective that's gonna be.

Edit: There are some new good minion nodes, like they won't be damaged from bleed while moving which was the bane of them.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
They nerfed Elementalist even more with 3.8 LOL.

They removed that golems give her ailment immunity.. now she is as pathetic in defense as she is in offense..

Balor

Arcane
So, a summoner league basically. Well, all my more or less successful chars were summoners but lacked oomph in late game (SSF).
Maybe I'll finally see some high-tier content now.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
i was only interested in summoner to do melee poisoner with meat wall. As I was checking numbers dmg wise it was falling behind though(and i wasnt about having uber beefy agony crawler, maybe i should have though)
If you don't use agony crawler as a poison build you are doing it wrong

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom