Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

River City Girls: New beat'em up from Wayforward

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Normally Wannika-but-made-by-actual-professionals would have been a Day 1 purchase for me, but then I found out the guy in charge of writing and directing it is a total self-loathing loser.
http://archive.is/P3WQw

It's 100% true that it's a game about a bunch of teenage girls written by a 39-year-old man (cringe). But I trust the judgment of the women who helped me make this game, and they seemed to love the writing, so I hope it's okay!

He should have recused himself if this is how he feels. I'm not playing a game written and directed by a guy embarrassed by the material and himself.

Unsurprisingly from the top negative Steam review:
They're also a great example of the dialogue, and this might be one of the worst parts for me. I ended up skipping an entire cutscene towards the end of my playtime because it's all legitimately embarrassing and I couldn't handle it anymore. I've never considered 'cringe' part of my vernacular before but I felt empathy pains for the people who had to say the things they did out loud for this game. It's all superfluous crap, and I can't think of a single line of dialogue that felt natural, especially all the male characters being creepy weirdos you're meant to laugh at.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Isn't all the enemies being creepy weirdos you're meant to laugh at basically the hallmark of the entire genre? Gameplay looked decent enough from the trailer.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
UGH

x9k4fUy.png

Tehdagah

Arcane
Unsurprisingly from the top negative Steam review:
They're also a great example of the dialogue, and this might be one of the worst parts for me. I ended up skipping an entire cutscene towards the end of my playtime because it's all legitimately embarrassing and I couldn't handle it anymore. I've never considered 'cringe' part of my vernacular before but I felt empathy pains for the people who had to say the things they did out loud for this game. It's all superfluous crap, and I can't think of a single line of dialogue that felt natural, especially all the male characters being creepy weirdos you're meant to laugh at.
I play beat 'n ups for the cutscenes

Shinji

Savant
Too bad it's pixel art when you have such well made promotional art and animated cutscenes.
Guess this game's budget wasn't as big as Shantae's.

CyberModuled

Savant
btw faggots, this shit exists because idiots keep buying it, its currently topping charts on steam
It's barely on the second page of Global Best sellers two days after coming out with under 200 reviews and most of those reviews that are negative indicate a refund due to a lack of online multiplayer/shortness. I doubt it's selling well but I'm doubtful there was that much of a budget to it either.

orcinator

Liturgist
Dabs and tumblr art aside, all the enemies are damage sponges and the bosses suck.
Search the name on rule34 a couple months later/10

lightbane

Arcane
Cuck game dev and potential sexual predator, shitty Cal-Arts style graphics, terrible gameplay... Standard combination.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Fight n Rage, D&D Capcom Collection, Mother Russia Bleeds, River City Underground. Just a few beat 'em ups off the top of my head on Steam that are much better than this shit if you really want to go around pounding faces.

There's also the Capcom Beat 'em up Bundle which includes great classics like Knights of the Round, Captain Commando, King of Dragons and more.

Lord Romulus

Arcane
Don't you get cucked at the end of the game?
Like the boyfriends you're trying to save turned out to have other girls as their girlfriends?

laclongquan

Arcane
IF you can play games made by total biased SJW, I dont see how you can play games made by losers and stuffs. Double standard?

The only criteria is the worthiness of a game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom