Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

Curratum

On Ultra, the game drops to 40 fps on an 8GB RX 580, down to 30 fps on a 4GB RX 570.

Meanwhile, the bozos on codex are telling you it runs "fine" on GPUs that are far worse than even the RX 570...

:hero:

I really dunno why people are being soft on this game in particular, seen games like Risen 2 and 3 being shit like no tomorrow and they probably have better gameplay than this one.

Its quite bizarre how much hype this game has had, even in mainstream media. But they somehow managed to get the "iTs tHe nU biOwARe" comparison. Go have a look at the steam reviews, half of them cite Dragon Age. I guess now that Bioware have officially given up on life there are a lot of desperate fanboys looking for a fix.
I thought Larian was crowned as new Bioware :codexisfor:?

One would hope that many different developers compete for the top spot as the premier RPG developer. And don't just chase a particularly bad period of Bioware history when they (Basically Gaider) decided to chase fanfiction trends on Tumblr and Live Journal over quality storytelling.

Jarmaro

Liturgist

Curratum

On Ultra, the game drops to 40 fps on an 8GB RX 580, down to 30 fps on a 4GB RX 570.

Meanwhile, the bozos on codex are telling you it runs "fine" on GPUs that are far worse than even the RX 570...

What part of "high" don't you understand?

What part of "a mobile 1060 is miles away from a desktop 570, far more than you can ever gain from 'ultra-down-to-high' on any game and engine"?

Codex Year of the Donut

What part of "a mobile 1060 is miles away from a desktop 570, far more than you can ever gain from 'ultra-down-to-high' on any game and engine"?
"I don't own this game, but let me tell you about your experience"

Curratum

Sorry, I'm not in the habit of spending money on eurojank. Maybe when they stop using animations that look like Witcher 1...

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Maybe I’m just irritable from running on very little sleep, but all the speculation about how a game runs or plays based on recommended specs or media coverage becomes so fucking stupid once the game is out. Somebody out there must be playing Greedfall on shit hardware—they know the answer.

It’s like how people in the Solasta thread have been boldly predicting that it will be a shallow, dumbed down implementation of D&D. There’s a goddamned free demo!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I don't know anything about GPUs or hardware in general (just buy a new one when the old one dies). I have an Asus laptop with a GeForce GTX 1060 and it runs flawlessly on high

deama

Prophet
Ok guys, let me rephrase my performance question. How does it run compared to technomancer? Because I like to have my GPU somewhat quiet, so capping the fps to 40fps in technomancer (everything low except for textures) was comfortable for me.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The dodge ability is useless, might need to upgrade it as soon as possible, otherwise it's pretty hard to keep a distance with the enemy.

Also is there anyway to fast travel or do you have to go to the travel point everytime?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So how's the performance? Anyone running this on a 970gtx?
GTX 580 and runes fine on it,even if not on high.
Hm, my 580 almost overheats on low.
Won't argue with this :),do have pretty unique cooling system. Still i do get stable fps on normal/medium graphics. I am also using old drivers,the one before they became fucking spyware garbage filled with all kind of applications...353.62 to be more accurate :). Also from what i remember my card was the powerful version from a good producer.

So how's the performance? Anyone running this on a 970gtx?
GTX 580 and runes fine on it,even if not on high.

What is with Curratum and constantly lying about the game even without playing it?

You're the ones lying about it running "fine", when you're probably getting 40 fps on a mix of medium and low on those ridiculously underpowered GPUs.
It is not enough to not be able to recognize a decent rpg,but now you are showing how shit you are at optimizing your pc lol. Curb your butthurt and stop filling your pc with all kind of useless backlog processes. The game runs at solid 60 for me.

LoL you are going full retard here,it is not the fault of the game but your own incompetence.

shit hardware
I am playing it on shit hardware and it runs fine. It is not about hardware but about poor software optimization and people filling their pcs with all kind of useless garbage and then whining that the game runs suboptimal.

Ok guys, let me rephrase my performance question. How does it run compared to technomancer? Because I like to have my GPU somewhat quiet, so capping the fps to 40fps in technomancer (everything low except for textures) was comfortable for me.

Ahhh it is burning my GPU and it is noisy,have no idea how noisy your cards or how much it will be heated up. For me it runs on medium like technomancer on max,maybe even a little bit heavier. The engine is the same but a little bit more polished.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
The dodge ability is useless, might need to upgrade it as soon as possible, otherwise it's pretty hard to keep a distance with the enemy.

I haven’t found this to be the case at all. Are you just dodging backwards? Lateral movement really helps.

The first bigger enemy when you try to enter the ship is a good test to see if you have a handle on dodging or not

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
People who aren't playing the game obsessed with telling people who are playing it how bad it is.

I envy you for your superior taste in saggy tits.
rating_salute.gif

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just want to give a quick tip to you that are playing. If you start a companion quest you can't ditch that character. I'm now forced to travel to a region I don't really wanna go to just yet, just so I can complete his quest and get rid of the guy. So be prepared for that when you start a companion quest. Or maybe there is a way to cancel the quest, but I doubt it??

kain30

Cipher
I'd like to buy the game but first i need to know. Is the enemy respawn as bad as in the technomancer?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom