Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Cyberpunk 2077 Deep Dive Video

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
All that Hitman-like custom content to hack looks unreal for a big game, if they really manage this and game allows ghosting and shit hats off to Reds. Want to play all GITS and cyber melee, even if fighting system probably won't be better than even 2001 Oni.

It won't be as good as Oni, let alone better. Very underrated 3d person brawler from time when Bungie was actually good.

CD Projekt can't into combat gameplay (even when compared to someone like Bioware), don't expect that to change. Their strengths have always been art direction, characters, atmosphere etc.

Dr Schultz

Augur
What I mean is we tend to overreact to such things as female boss or a black gang because of the SJW shit which is no doubt absolutely evil. For example this black gang is a strong reference to Gibson’s rasta cyber guys, which were really neat bunch mixing jah rasta stuff with cyber criminal stuff and to some extend some religious and philosophical stuff. I liked them really, they have style for sure. The same for female character, Gibson had his Steppin Razor — an over modified implanted woman with synthetic eyes, she was strong as fuck because of implants, and she had some primitive values like money and stuff (at first glance). And this collage made a good story because of her character development. An there was no SJW at all, just stylistic decisions made by author.

I mean we need to calm down a bit on regards of SJW representations nowadays. Otherwise we will start being really who SJW pretend us to be.

Yeah, I know. I was a eager reader of Gibson in my early twenties. But, honestly: Even if I weren't, I'd find this kind of comment utterly baseless.

Any time someone uses the degree of SJWism of a piece of narrative as a meter for its quality (in a sense or the other), I feel the urge to burn down my entire library.

Few things annoy me that much.

For Christ's sake: Is it really that complicated to understand that a good character is just an interesting human being internally coherent with his/her setting?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Haitian rapefugee criminals taking over a section of a multi-kulti city makes sense to me tbh. Same thing with the transhuman dyke on steroids being an enemy. With how heavily CDPR has been virtue signalling after TW3 there will likely be a lot of SJW shit but these elements are fine by themselves.

What doesn't make sense to me is how the always-first-person-view mixes with having a customizable character. What is even the point? You could just have a blank slate and pick a female or male voice at the start if you're never going to use the player's character model. It's rather funny because the Witcher games all had a preset character and were all third-person. Not that I think being a previous gen popamole shooter would be much better, it's just that these two particular things don't seem to mix at alll. This is like if you could customize Gordon Freeman in Half-Life.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
And yeah, I haven't read Gibson - if he was also the person who placed such feministic/sjw content in his books, I don't want to know him, also does it matter at all if somebody read his books?
My god, this anti-sjw thing is starting to resemble the evil it once opposed.

OH THE EVUL! IT"S COMING!

Don't start to cry, tell you that just in case.

ny time I read a critic focused on how SJWish this game is, I gladly pass by.

Then pass by completely, pansy-eyed.
In return, I can say that every time I read somethig like you shitted here, I feel the urge to take an axe and give myself some physical activity.

What I mean is we tend to overreact

Rally? Do you THINK so? You really think you are thinking, right?

For example this black gang is a strong reference to Gibson’s rasta cyber guys

Hell yeah! That's just EXPLAIN EVERYTHING! And justtified that too!
It looks like you, shmuk, is a bit illitirate and can't read, because I already told about it here.

So in this setting it's just "more justified" kind of pushing things down your throat.

I guess, there is no sense to communicate with a person as dumb as you are.

An there was no SJW at all, just stylistic decisions made by author.

Of course no! It's like if literature circles\enviroment and sjw-shit isn't growing on the same soil of so-called leftists (how they ar ecalling themselfs) and like, never crossed ever.
You are really thinking thatg sjw-dirt just condenced fro thin air in the moent when someone spoked these words, arn't you?

With how heavily CDPR has been virtue signalling after TW3 there will likely be a lot of SJW shit but these elements are fine by themselves.

"Shit isn't a shit when it somehow justified!" - revelation on BBC!

Last edited:

Skdursh

Savant
...when Bungie was actually good.

When was that exactly? I must have missed it because I was pretty sure that they made exclusively shitty games. Even in the pre-Halo days they made universally shitty FPS games for the classic Apple Mac OS.

What doesn't make sense to me is how the always-first-person-view mixes with having a customizable character. What is even the point? You could just have a blank slate and pick a female or male voice at the start if you're never going to use the player's character model. It's rather funny because the Witcher games all had a preset character and were all third-person.

Quit bitching and use mods if you need see your characters ass so badly. I sure you can find a nice mod on like day two to zoom allllll the way in on all that man-ass you want to be sniffin'.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath

When was that exactly? I must have missed it because I was pretty sure that they made exclusively shitty games. Even in the pre-Halo days they made universally shitty FPS games for the classic Apple Mac OS.

They made the two Myth games, 3D tactical RTS masterpieces with a unique, dark setting. This was in 1997 and 1998. These games were far ahead of their time when they were released, they have proven resilient and are still being actively improved upon by their fan communities today.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane

Marathon was decent but their best games by far were Myth I and II. 3d real time strategies in a Black Company inspired setting with no base building of any kind, you have limited units for each mission though they do get better with more kills/experience and some of them carry over between certain missions. One of the best and most atmospheric games I've have ever played, in any genre. Surprised to see a Codexer who doesn't know them.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
This was in 1997 and 1998. These games were far ahead of their time when they were released, they have proven resilient and are still being actively improved upon by their fan communities today.

Considering no one is making games like Myth anymore, in what way exactly where they ahead of their time? They were unique then just as they are now.

They do hold up well in terms of gameplay and interface but the same is true for any good mid-late 90s game, quality is quality.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
This was in 1997 and 1998. These games were far ahead of their time when they were released, they have proven resilient and are still being actively improved upon by their fan communities today.

Considering no one is making games like Myth anymore, in what way exactly where they ahead of their time? They were unique then just as they are now.

They do hold up well in terms of gameplay and interface but the same is true for any good mid-late 90s game, quality is quality.

To my knowledge, it is the first 3D tactical RTS that incorporates elements like a physics engine and terrain considerations. Top of my head, it is basically the precursor to the entire Total War franchise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom