Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

T. Reich

Arcane
this new (to me) movement skill recovery. What kind of build actually relies on lowering that? Flicker strike without frenzy charges?

Blink/mirror arrow is a movement skill.

It's also a minion skill.

:positive:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The tower defence is more fun than I thought. The towers seem a bit poorly balanced though, cold=minion > all else > seismic

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
this new (to me) movement skill recovery. What kind of build actually relies on lowering that? Flicker strike without frenzy charges?
It's actually a nice benefit with flicker strike, because it's 'free' cooldown that doesn't expend a charges keeps going as you use it, so it's like getting a frenzy charge every time the CD comes up. Helps a lot when you're right on the edge for sustaining it.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Can't play blighted map, which by the way seem to be the best content in this league, vaal skelies get like 5fps and then just get disconnected. Guess they want me to destroy content with mines instead of playing around with the dumb towers.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
Can't play blighted map, which by the way seem to be the best content in this league, vaal skelies get like 5fps and then just get disconnected. Guess they want me to destroy content with mines instead of playing around with the dumb towers.

Mine spam will crash a blighted map as surely as minion spam. Don't get your hopes up, hoard blighted maps until GGG fixes them.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Two ex drops in as many days. I have a good feeling about this!

time to hard them until the prices increase

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
If I don't insta-annihilate mobs I'll crash even with 5 blight portals.

:hmmm:

Tower defense.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Bad news - there will be no 4.0 after 3.9.0, GGG started new numeration system for their leagues
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2636800
it was mentioned previously? At least that's what Chris said

As you know, we release new expansions (which contain challenge leagues, balance changes and new game features) every 13 weeks. We do not expect to vary this timeline in the near future, so over the next year we're roughly looking at:
  • Early December 2019: 3.9.0 Expansion (announced at ExileCon in November)
  • Early March 2020: 3.10.0 Expansion (announced in February)
  • Early June 2020: 3.11.0 Expansion (announced in May)
  • Early September 2020: 3.12.0 Expansion (announced in August)
  • And so on, with new expansions every 13 weeks until 4.0.0 is ready

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, if 4.0 is meant to be their Diablo-killer, guess they're not expecting Diablo 4 in 2020.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm having great time with zombie&skeleton summoner. Feeding frenzy coupled with dashing skeletons is nuts. I'm off screening beyond uniques O_o

Edit: 16.09.2019
So Arakaali's Fang dropped yesterday night for my summoner. I was already offscreening yellow tier maps and now I'm death incarnate.

Last edited:

Balor

Arcane
I'm having great time with zombie&skeleton summoner. Feeding frenzy coupled with dashing skeletons is nuts. I'm off screening beyond uniques O_o

Edit: 16.09.2019
So Arakaali's Fang dropped yesterday night for my summoner. I was already offscreening yellow tier maps and now I'm death incarnate.

Yea, I've finally got around to playing a pretty uninspired summoner build and Feeding Frenzy 'dash' (which is undocumented, btw, and was a very pleasant surpise) turn skeletons into Flashes. Summoners were ok, if a bit slow before - now they are ridiculously OP if you ask me.
I think stats of summons should be toned down a bit... after I'll finally be able to see some high-tier content on my SFF summoner, that is :).

Btw, do Arakaali's Fang spiders trigger on minion kills?

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
You could for a long time have zoom zoom zombies afk shaper I did it with queens's sword it was just harder to setup because of life and resists now the minions don't die and have the same dps with shit I picked of the floor no idea how they'll nerf it without removing gems or nerfing shit to a 1/10th of what it is now.

Balor

Arcane
You could for a long time have zoom zoom zombies afk shaper I did it with queens's sword it was just harder to setup because of life and resists now the minions don't die and have the same dps with shit I picked of the floor no idea how they'll nerf it without removing gems or nerfing shit to a 1/10th of what it is now.

Admittedly, to have to skimp on your own survivability somewhat to get truly immortal, boss-melting minions, but with partially 'unnerfed' Mistress of Sacrifice you can cover much of that with bone offering (life) or spirit offering (hybrid).

Balor

Arcane
By the way, I've been reading on stormblast mines and it seems like a great bossing (and Blight lanes) support in conjunction with minefield support - just disregard the damage and focus on 'increased damage taken' part. But do we still have maximum limit of 5 mines sans modifiers?

EDIT: Ok, from patch notes:
You can now have up to 15 mines active at once by default (from 5).
Combined with Destructive apparatus allocated by anointed item, it may be a rather interesting mechanic... provided there is a need to boost damage further, that is :(.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Btw, do Arakaali's Fang spiders trigger on minion kills?

Nope you need to get the kill. I already was using smite and can easly kill white mobs. But you need corpeses to summon spiders, each corpse summons 2 up to 20.
Them little fuckers obliterate everything in their path.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
They'll just drop damage and base health by 50%.

T. Reich

Arcane
Yea, I've finally got around to playing a pretty uninspired summoner build and Feeding Frenzy 'dash' (which is undocumented, btw, and was a very pleasant surpise) turn skeletons into Flashes.

Undocumented, eh?

NqjtHln.png

Balor

Arcane
please, its like a 3rd sentence. Who would read skill desc that far

Lol, I guess I've failed my perception check. Likely because it was not stated in change logs (unless I've failed an other check) and did not reread skill description that I was otherwise quite familiar with...

Anyway, 'bold and dashing' property is unique to skeletons, and I was looking for it in Feeding Frenzy skill description.

Last edited:

Balor

Arcane
Talking of 'more damage that we likely never need' - triad grip gloves look extremely tempting, even moreso with a combination of white sockets and 'withering touch support'.
But does 'added damage' (like Unholy might/Spirit Offering) work off 'unconverted' physical damage? It should, but things might have changed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom