Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

The Real Fanboy

They're showing the game now.

Thanks, sis. This lewks super awesome!

Zep--Sailor Woedica--

giphy.gif

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Suddenly all these rpgs look and sound so shitty and insignificant compared to the true messiah of incline that is Disco Elysium, right?

I'm sure for all 10 people that know about and are excited for Disco Elysium, all other RPGs looks like shit rn. /s

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No, Stygian looks and sounds shit compared to Disco too.

Nah Stygian looks fierce too.

You forgot to switch accounts, sis.

Stygian has very good writing, great art and great atmosphere. It’s a cool little game and would easily be my GOTY in any other year if they’d add a slider to speed up combat. But comparing it to No Truce just doesn’t seem fair.

Is anyone even excited for this besides IHaveHugeNick, Sailor Woedica and Infinitron? Seems like everyone who's not on Obsidian's payroll doesn't give a shit any more.
I would say i'm somewhat excited, but recent experience with both Greedfall and Stygian has really shown me the error of my ways.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Is anyone even excited for this besides IHaveHugeNick, Sailor Woedica and Infinitron? Seems like everyone who's not on Obsidian's payroll doesn't give a shit any more.

I hyped af , count the days until release, even pre-ordered. I want a new good RPG that isn't isometric (played too many of them) for a long time so i've high hopes for this one.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I would be moderately interested if there weren't a one-year delay on the Steam release. I'm not interested in Microsoft's rent-a-game store or Epic Store.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am very hyped to see it all go down in flames after it releases while I am playing the true GOD RPG: Disco..

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Yes. If TOW turns out to be a second rate Fallout: New Vegas knockoff with a weird color palette, that’s still worth getting excited about. It’s possible Tim and Leonard have totally lost their touch, but writing them off completely seems just as wrongheaded as giving them the unadulterated benefit of the doubt.

I’m cautiously optimistic. I refused to play New Vegas for years because it looked like a glorified expansion to Fallout 3, so how good could it possibly be? The bad guys are a bunch of dudes in football equipment LARPing as Roman Legionaries? Sounds fucking retarded. Who cares if Obsidian had a bunch of Black Isle veterans running the show—what had Sawyer or Avellone done for me lately?

But then the game was really good and I felt like a dumbass for waiting so long to play it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was optimistic until they started showing stuff, and it turned out that both the gameplay and the writing are "been there, done that" grade, and the combat is simply annoying bot fights.

Diggfinger

Arcane
I wonder how much money Epic threw at this. Apparently, the paid 9,5 million Euro for Control exclusivity.

Yeah, holy shit Epic got ripped off. Paying millions for "exclusivity" only to see Microsoft give the game out free with a $5/month subscription :lol: :lol:

According to Wikipedia:
Epic's newer games will be exclusively available through its store and the company plans to fund developers to release exclusively through their store, using revenue guarantees to developers that opt for this, with Epic paying the difference should a game underperform.[1][2] For other developers, Epic takes only a 12% share of revenue, the rest going to the developer, and for any games developed using the Unreal Engine, Epic forgoes the 5% revenue-based fee for those games sold through their storefront

+ you're saying Obisidan/ Microsoft got millions to guarantee EPIC exclusivity ?

Sounds like a sweet deal, less pressure on Tim and Leon for the game to sell trillions
:cool:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
+ you're saying Obisidan/ Microsoft got millions to guarantee EPIC exclusivity ?

No, Take-Two Interactive did. But Epic still got ripped off. I'm sure they paid a smaller price (compared to Control's $10 million) because the game is also on the MS Store, but did they know it would be available for $1(!!!) for the first month?

Quillon

Arcane
another previewer

camera circling around the player at the end.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Every prestigious Codexer is excited about this game. That's why they abandoned this thread at page 10, because there's no point arguing with limpdick edgelords who constantly hype the newest isometric Unity Eurojank shovelware with characters walking ass-backwards, but freak out when fucking Cainarsky game has colors different than brown.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
The only rpgs of this year are Greedfall, Stygian and Disco. The Outer worlds is being very well received from all the previews so far, well from people that are actually playing. Maybe the game really plays better than looks. The quest desgin seems solid and dialogue seems to have relevant skills checks..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom