Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Deleted Member 16721

This looks cool. Keeping my eye on it.

CharacterNik

Novice
The release in early access is tomorrow!
I will definitely buy it. Only 20 dollars for fellow comrades from CIS.
For the character i will create big muscled, paranoid nigger from Black wing. Heavy drinker, drug addict, always uses brute force, but is super loyal to organisation . My boy can break enemie necks and shoot from minigun in every hand but has a constant fear of cats and darkness.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Wow this slipped off my radar until now. Looking good, can't wait for it! Shame I'll probably be busy with Stygian first, but then Encased is going to be in EA so I don't mind putting it off for now.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I didn't back tho :(

D1P for me to atone for my sin if this turns out to be not-shit

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Released:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2635104

Kickstarter Update #37: APOCALYPTIC RPG ENCASED HITS EARLY ACCESS. WHAT’S NEXT?

12407dad01c556ec2ebe8ca373de5931_original.png

Time really flies: about a year ago, we’ve launched our Kickstarter campaign to collect additional funds for the development of Encased, which at that time had been going on for about nine months. It was a leap of faith, that turned out to be an exhausting marathon. While the finish line is still far, an important phase of the project is already completed: the isometric apocalyptic RPG Encased is in early access.

We are here again to thank you one more time, to remind you of our obligations and to talk about what is going to happen next.

a406eb1aa467a8870cf7228264aaa7ee_original.png

A few words about what’s coming up in Encased. The early version of the game, released on Steam and GOG, contains a fully playable prologue storyline, an open world, a lot of equipment, weapons and modifications, more than a dozen of skill branches, crafting and cooking systems. As well as three dozen quests and about a hundred characters building a better future in the atmosphere of the alternative 70s. However, not everyone is building it: playing through the prologue till its very end is worth at least to find out what happened at the C12-Nashville facility, where the protagonist ventured towards his first mission…

The game is not limited to just a prologue – after completing the storyline, you will be able to access the part of the open world filled with random events, anomalies, battles and abandoned bunkers biding their time. Our writers, artists and scripters are already set to create content patches, so the desert will become even more lively and interesting in the nearest future. Alas, the development of the core storyline is not a quick job, and it will take us several months to tell you about the fate of the Dome on behalf of six factions. Among those you will find a democratic community of engineers building a utopian city, a group of mercenaries planning something grand, looney desert raiders pretending to be cartoon characters and a powerful totalitarian organization, galvanizing the former glory of CRONUS Corporation.

e7d443ab64723dcb6c01e0efad481802_original.png

Our backers will receive their keys by email, without any doubt. Please be sure to provide the correct credentials – we will send you the key for the Steam or GOG version of the game! Some of the backers were promised physical rewards. Check your inbox once again: we’ve sent you questionnaires where you can specify the delivery address, as well as the sizes of the T-shirt and/or the hoodie, which we will send to you directly from the hot sands of the Dome. The time of dispatch for the physical rewards, as well as for the additional digital ones, will be announced later.

We would like to conclude this short update with the words of sincere gratitude. Encased release has been made possible thanks to you, your attention, your support and sincere interest in the project. Today we are asking you to support us once again: tell your friends about Encased – perhaps, thanks to you, the game will have one more loyal player.

That’s all for today. Till next time at the Dome’s expanse!

Encased at the electronic trading platforms:

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/921800/

GOG: https://af.gog.com/game/encased_a_scifi_postapocalyptic_rpg?as=1649904300

Additional links
NPC Generator – create a character for the game and get a unique piece of equipment as a reward.

Social Networks
Official Discord Server.

Newsfeed.

Our Twitter.

Facebook community.

Youtube page.

VK community.

Instagram account.

Black Tower Entertainment publisher contacts
Black Tower Steam page.

Publisher blog.

Official publisher page (questions concerning your own game publishing should be addressed here).

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Carls Barkley

Safav Hamon
The Real Fanboy
I can already tell this game is special. Not going to continue playing until the full version releases.

Ivan

Arcane
Are early access keys the same keys to the full game? If not, I'd gladly hand mine out. I've not time to play around with it.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Are early access keys the same keys to the full game? If not, I'd gladly hand mine out. I've not time to play around with it.

I think they will turn into the full game later, so I wouldn't give it away if you want to play later

CRONUS Employee

Dark Crystal Games
Developer
Hey, Folks)

Warm thank you for the kind word) Two years of development, a Kickstarter campaign, interactive questionnaires to create an NPC and great support from our community have led to the launch of early access)

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Just bought the game. Have a few others I need to finish first, but hopefully I'll get to this by the end of the year.

Self-Ejected

Carls Barkley

Safav Hamon
The Real Fanboy
Couldn't resist not playing more. Rolled a new character.

olDg1gv.png

For some reason the graphics were automatically set to low. It looks much sharper now than my previous screenshots.

oK9sdYR.png

6nbvOEW.png

lwRuGxc.png

impressions?

Sorry Age of Decadence, Atom RPG, and Underrail. This is the one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom