Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Ibbz

Augur
96% positive reviews on Steam with the Early access version, hopefully the full version will be of the same level.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Just to be clear it is clearly early access and thus still has bugs and crashes. Some of it is really frustrating for example you can't aim at enemies when they are standing on top of a corpse and a lot of annoying pathfinding issues. Combat currently is very unfinished enemies only use their guns when they are very close to you for some reason and are generally very brain dead. The balancing is also really off since I haven't found a single bullet since the start which makes my pistol char useless.
But in all of this can be fixed and doesn't change that this is a great RPG in the making.

Last edited:
Game certainly has a lot of rough edges at this early stage - as is expected, however the rough diamond is in plain view and it's just a mater of digging the whole thing out and polishing it. I'd say the actual experience of playing it at this point is quite frustrating - despite the glorious RPG implementation. The kinetics of the game's controls and stuff are not great. I mean even the camera feels unsatisfying and hard to control at this point. NPCs block your path and the pathfinding is terrible. As expected, the TB is a slogfest (it's the nature of the beast) but what can you do? All that being said, i am fabulously optimistic about the future of this game.

Self-Ejected

Carls Barkley

Safav Hamon
The Real Fanboy
Then I got one hit killed by frenzied worker not interested in talking it out, because apparently that's how they greet newfags in the bunker. Aaaand... I went to play Stygian instead.

I've already found 4 non-violent ways past that guy, and there's probably more.

1. Use the valve behind him to knock him out
2. Climb down the elevator shaft with deftness 10
3. Slip past him with sneaking 50
4. Activate the elevator console during combat and run away

Contentwise the game is still in development lots of skills aren't even available like there currently is no stealth and I think you can't even be caught doing something illegal.

Stealth is implemented, but there's no animation for it. If you have sneaking 50, you can slip past the guy in the elevator maintenance room and he'll search for you.

CRONUS Employee

Dark Crystal Games
Developer
Game certainly has a lot of rough edges at this early stage - as is expected, however the rough diamond is in plain view and it's just a mater of digging the whole thing out and polishing it. I'd say the actual experience of playing it at this point is quite frustrating - despite the glorious RPG implementation. The kinetics of the game's controls and stuff are not great. I mean even the camera feels unsatisfying and hard to control at this point. NPCs block your path and the pathfinding is terrible. As expected, the TB is a slogfest (it's the nature of the beast) but what can you do? All that being said, i am fabulously optimistic about the future of this game.
Many thanks for your feedback. Right now it's the most important for us to get maximum community feedback. We already working on some problems and release hotfix update today.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Newfags shouldn't be allowed to clutter threads with their petty squabbles.
*Lights up deformed penis shape in the night sky* split it to itschon vs safav

Anyway, the game looks promising but it's a hard sell now, with plenty of finished great games available. I don't mind waiting and paying more.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Most of those reviewers have probably not left the starting base. The gas station, swamp and Nashville station just not nearly as good.

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How to spot the oldboi.

Your problem is that you suffer from an EXTREME case of autism and are unable to realize all your opinions are subjective and more importantly, nobody gives a shit what you think.

Saying that x game has a better setting than Fallout does not amount to anything. It's a meaningless statement that comes out of your addled brain, without any objective merit to it.
25449.jpg

ItsChon said:

Imagine that thinking any conversation regarding videogames is anything BUT subjective you fucking ape. When it comes to subjective mediums such as games, movies, and art, you can ignore everything because it's technically all based on people's opinions. As for no one caring about what I think, it's a video game forum where people come to discuss shit and listen to what other people think, so you can take that bullshit and cram it up your ass. I'm sure your dad will enjoy the surprise.
I wouldn't say that Fallout's combat is good either. It's certainly worse than AoD or Underrail. But I've slogged through some shitty combat in RPGs, from Tyranny to Eye of the Beholder to Morrowind. I'd take Fallout's combat over a lot of them.
I just call those games shit too and move on. Guess that's where we disagree.

Whatever, didn't mean to hijack this thread. Game looks great and I can't wait for the full version to come out so we can all enjoy it.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/games/921800/announcements/detail/1584628547400799908

• Fixed Training day completion on GOG version,
  • Fixed Cain achievement,
  • Smoothed player’s character movement,
  • Weapons close range precision tweaked (most of firearms),
  • Fixed a logical error in the dialogue with Jana Zilberman,
  • Fixed the title of the article on the tablet (-4 floor, laboratory),
  • Fixed discovered errors and spelling mistakes,
  • Training ground: Fixed access to the ammo box,
  • Residential floor: Fixed access to the locker,
  • The dialogue with Ben Koch no longer shuts down, and he takes lunch from the player correctly,
  • Problems with interactivity and access to certain areas have been resolved,
  • Gas Station: the turret has been moved closer to the cafe entrance, and the truck has been moved to the cafe entrance. Player can now see Clara Morgan,
  • Warehouse floor: a turret, flower pot and broken box have been moved to the correct height,
  • Lab floor: Fixed access to the terminal,
  • Derek Exler: correct sound is set,
  • Item crafting: A shell is now required to create 5mm ammo,
  • Thirst quenching: Beer quenches 35 units (formerly 30),
  • Thirst quenching: Coffee quenches 35 units (formerly 20),
  • Thirst quenching: Packaged water quenches 75 units. (formerly 50),
  • Thirst quenching: Shhhow soda! Quenches 60 units. (formerly 45),
  • Thirst quenching: Canned beans quench 35 units. (formerly 15),
  • Thirst quenching: Canned meat quenches 15 units. (previously 5),
  • Thirst quenching: Noodles Noola quenches 20 units. (previously 10),
  • Thirst quenching: Heated canned beans quench 25 units. (formerly 10),
  • Thirst quenching: Heated canned meat quenches 15 units. (previously 5),
  • Hunger satiates: A boiled cockroach egg satiates 25 units. (formerly 15),
  • Hunger satiates: Boiled egg satiates 45 units. (formerly 35),
  • Hunger satiates: Canned beans satiates 75 units. (formerly 55),
  • Hunger satiates: Canned meat satiates 90 units. (formerly 70),
  • Hunger satiates: Fried rat satiates 65 units. (formerly 35),
  • Hunger satiates: "Balance" lunch satiates 100 units. (previously 85),
  • Hunger satiates: "Champion" lunch satiates 80 units. (formerly 50),
  • Hunger satiates: The "Good Nutrition" lunch satiates 90 units. (formerly 70),
  • Hunger satiates: Noodles Noola satiates 45 units. (formerly 25),
  • Hunger satiates: The onion satiates 25 units. (previously 10),
  • Hunger satiates: Potatoes satiates 25 units. (previously 10),
  • Hunger satiates: Rotten pork satiates 200 units. (formerly 150),
  • Hunger satiates: Fried cockroach foot satiates 75 units. (formerly 50),
  • Hunger satiates: Fried rat tail satiates 10 units. (formerly 5),
  • Hunger satiates: Warm canned beans satiates 90 units. (formerly 70),
  • Hunger satiates: Heated canned meat satiates 105 units. (previously 80),
  • A bag of water, an onion, a cockroach eye and an egg can now be consumed,
  • The price for potatoes is reduced from 18 cb. to 3 cb.
  • The price for onions is reduced from 3 cb. to 2 cb.
  • Egg attributes were changed: hunger -35, health points +1, price reduced to 4 cb.
  • Nashville cave: the problem with the availability of objects was fixed,
  • Glue, gun grease and mercury can now be consumed,
  • Nashville offices: Fixed incorrect initialization of combat,
  • Frost status effect is no longer stacking,
  • Updates in the "My History" quest are now shown correctly,
  • Lab floor: Fixed positions of some triggers and visual effects,
  • In the quest "Hit the key and all is gone" perception requirement is lowered,
  • Wasteland: Fixed incorrect player appearance in the location,
  • Accommodations floor: contents of the locker in the ventilation are fixed,
  • Administrative floor: Fixed clipping, now the player cannot pass through the toilet wall,
  • Fixed the interface problem in the bug reporting system,
  • Text is now displayed correctly in the interface,
  • Fixed incorrect display of the font on the clock in the interface,
  • The message "Happy find" is no longer displayed if nothing is found,
  • On the character creation screen, added a window to confirm skill selection,
  • Expanded active zone when selecting a favorite skill,
  • Fixed a bug where the tooltip on the weapon did not turn off after closing the container, using barter, or "Pocket Theft" skill via hotkey,
  • Fixed a bug that occurred when opening a container while pressing F,,
  • Fixed a bug with opening the location window when moving to the selected location on the global map.

P.S. Yes, we heard your feedback and now your hero can eat glue!

:incline:

frajaq

Erudite
How do I fix the broken camera on the Halls for that miniquest? like I used the terminal and everything but I literally don't see it on the map while searching it around

Imagine that thinking any conversation regarding videogames is anything BUT subjective you fucking ape. When it comes to subjective mediums such as games, movies, and art, you can ignore everything because it's technically all based on people's opinions. As for no one caring about what I think, it's a video game forum where people come to discuss shit and listen to what other people think, so you can take that bullshit and cram it up your ass. I'm sure your dad will enjoy the surprise.
My dad won't like the surprise. He's not a bitch ass scat-boi like yours. "Shit" seems to be exactly your problem though. I don't understand why you would like to discuss it. But then again, I bet you like to smear all over your face to feel pretty - like your mother. You must even enjoy eating it. Explains your your stupidity, shithead.

You come here and get all high and might about your stupid fucking opinions, making sweeping statements about how this game is better like that, as if your retarded opinions are gospel. So please go enjoy your mom cucking your father by sticking shit pillars up her ass for anal pleasure instead of wasting your time here. At the very least, you'll get some sexual pleasure out of it. The kind of raw ass rape you'll receive here won't do anything for you, you whoreson.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
25449.jpg

ItsChon said:

My dad won't like the surprise.
My bad, your stretched asshole is probably all he needs to feel satisfied. Surprises don't do anything for him.
You come here and get all high and might about your stupid fucking opinions, making sweeping statements about how this game is better like that, as if your retarded opinions are gospel.
I knew you were retarded, but I didn't know it was to this extent. Clearly you give a fuck about my stupid opinion considering the fact that you bothered quoting it. Now your ass hurts even more than when your father's done with it, and you're struggling to think of shit to say through the tears. Still haven't said a goddamn thing regarding my Fallout complaints because you have no argument. I'm not sure why I'm bothering to talk to someone who labels Fallout 4 and Skyrim as good, "inclined" games.

This most recent set of newfags really takes the cake. Comes on a forum built around people sharing their opinions on video games and proceeds to lose his fucking mind when people do so. Keep shitposting on this thread because of how mad you are someone over the internet talked about you getting fucked in the ass by your dad.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Well, the open world is extremely bugged at the moment, the first things I saw was mutated rodent that didn't do anything in combat and a location with an unlimited loading screen. Maybe the devs should have only released the station + Nashville.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I’m honestly excited by all the nice feedback you guys providing here. And yet I can’t get any good vibes when I’m looking at this. Beaten to death formula with nothing new within, and a cheap Unity look.

Why don’t they try to do something new? Why not attempting to make an actual game, instead of a nostalgia bad trip.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I’m honestly excited by all the nice feedback you guys providing here. And yet I can’t get any good vibes when I’m looking at this. Beaten to death formula with nothing new within, and a cheap Unity look.

Why don’t they try to do something new? Why not attempting to make an actual game, instead of a nostalgia bad trip.
buy disco elysium

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Who the fuck gets so entertained by the same stupid death animations that they soldier through a banal as shit combat system just to see them for tens of hours.

I can agree with you in general but not in this.
Death animation and sounds in Fallout were done so good, it's aestetical pleasure on it's own, and when it's your first RPG or one of the first,together with intriguing game world and a plot it's what enough to leave you satisfied.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom