Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Jrpgfan

Erudite
So, I got stuck in the game. Just got Julian's letters, went everywhere but can't find a way to progress in the game. Outsider wannna talk with me but when I click on him he doesn't say anything. Any tips?

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Did you read the letters and notes?

Yes.

Saw some videos here and apparently I don't have the fredkins questline. I'm assuming he's the drunk guy in the bar. I talked to him but didn't get any journal update and now he's not there anymore. Is his questline related to the main quest?

Mortmal

Arcane
K need help.

How do I get into the spectre house? I don't know the answer to their last question. I went to talk to the indian, but he just attacks on sight, so I ran away. I've met Keelan and seen him killed. I thought Horatio will give me more info if I finish his quest, but he just gave me the same info as the catatonic girl.. Am I missing something? Do I have to buy a book or something to find the name?
you need to buy a folk tales book at your local jewish merchant.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yes.

Saw some videos here and apparently I don't have the fredkins questline. I'm assuming he's the drunk guy in the bar. I talked to him but didn't get any journal update and now he's not there anymore. Is his questline related to the main quest?
It is, if Freedkins is the copper. Forgot his name.

Jrpgfan

Erudite

Yes.

It is.

To Julian's quest aswell? So how am I supposed to progress now if the fucker's nowhere? I can't even get to the attic to complete the watch's quest because there's some fucker renting the room.

Egosphere

Arcane

Yes.

Fredkins, I think, will have a messenger slip a piece of paper into your hand when you visit French Hill. You'll be invited to visit his house.

Mortmal

Arcane
Finished the game. The game has one of the most erupt endings I have ever seen. Like what the fuck? Where is the rest of the game? The last segements of the game feel extremely rushed and are incredibly tedious to play if you are not specced in a certain way.

Maybe I rushed with the purchase. I don't really do day one purchases, but the demo was really cool and I fell for it.

I rushed with the purchase too and now I regret it but not because of the money 25$ is nothing. I regret it because the game really feels like it was cut in half with a cleaver. Imagine you order a steak from a restaurant and when the waiter presents the dish to you he shows a cleaver and cuts half the steak and takes it away!
Finished it too and its exactly that, half of the game was delivered. If i could i'd gladly pay 50 for it. This is another evidence the whole Kickstarter thing is a joke, those who really need funds dont get what they need. This leave me with a really unsatisfied feeling. A re they working on delivering second half at least ?

Brainlet2

Educated
Good ideas and a little off ? Oh no best roleplay elements since fallout, maybe better, awesome writing incredibly atmospheric , really best thing since arcanum without any irony .Then bordeline unplayable and unfair combat with slowness, unresponsiveness, cluncky menu and mechanics. A pain to target, sometimes it makes you loot when you just want to move your character, sometimes it just freeze. The borked save system doesn't help especially when your last save was 3 random encounters ago .
Its so infuriating, so brilliant yet so ruined...
Absolutely lovecraftian, I can feel the despair in this post.

Mortmal

Arcane
Good ideas and a little off ? Oh no best roleplay elements since fallout, maybe better, awesome writing incredibly atmospheric , really best thing since arcanum without any irony .Then bordeline unplayable and unfair combat with slowness, unresponsiveness, cluncky menu and mechanics. A pain to target, sometimes it makes you loot when you just want to move your character, sometimes it just freeze. The borked save system doesn't help especially when your last save was 3 random encounters ago .
yes iindeed and wait for the end you'll experience true despair too.Those guys have everything to make something of the same level than fallout/planescape/arcanum if not better, yet i am pretty sure they fell short cause of lack of money.

Silva

Arcane
yes iindeed and wait for the end you'll experience true despair too.Those guys have everything to make something of the same level than fallout/planescape/arcanum if not better, yet i am pretty sure they fell short cause of lack of money.
I was going to pirate it, but now I'm paying full price to help the bros at Cultic to release the sequel. :salute:

Egosphere

Arcane
K need help.

How do I get into the spectre house? I don't know the answer to their last question. I went to talk to the indian, but he just attacks on sight, so I ran away. I've met Keelan and seen him killed. I thought Horatio will give me more info if I finish his quest, but he just gave me the same info as the catatonic girl.. Am I missing something? Do I have to buy a book or something to find the name?
you need to buy a folk tales book at your local jewish merchant.
thanks. Important to note that it only works if you read it after encountering Keelan, which can be confusing if you're reloading a save to avoid backtracking back to town.

GloomFrost

Arcane
OK get rid of the bugs and glitches, speed up combat, normal save/load, add more content and side quests with a big dlc. And we have an RPG of the God Damn DECADE as well as the best Lovecraft game at the same time. This is exactly what i was expecting from numanuma. But my prayers have been finally answered.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Is there any way to get rid of the mob at the distillery without poisoning them?

You can try to fight them, or you can try to cheese the fights if you are playing with an occultist like I did. Try to rush and learn the Medusa spell that turns enemies to stone. Have a good melee character with a sledgehammer. Turn to stone then smash with hammer instant kill. Turn to stone always work and never backfired. I turn to stone Yi-Go and Elder things and 1 shot them with the sledgehammer. Those are enemies you are not supposed to kill but I killed them in two turns with this tactic. At the last area I killed aliens in front of me before getting bored and finishing this unfinished game.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Big question, I've done everything I can possibly do in arkham, but can't find the radio parts in the warehouse, I've killed everything and hovered my mouse over every box, including box 311, wtf

Side note, I'm assuming you get something later in the game to pry chests open, because I can't do it with a crowbar

Use a lantern.
Can't find one

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Save system is also retarded, what does it achieve outside of being annoying?
It's an obstacle designed to discourage your save scumming habit. Unglue your finger from F5 man.

That would make sense if there were only one auto-save.

The save system is kind of odd. You get distinct autosaves for every load screen, but no manual saves.

Almost feels like the devs couldn't decide which save system to use and went for a bit of both.

Parabalus

Arcane
Save system is also retarded, what does it achieve outside of being annoying?
It's an obstacle designed to discourage your save scumming habit. Unglue your finger from F5 man.

That would make sense if there were only one auto-save.

The save system is kind of odd. You get distinct autosaves for every load screen, but no manual saves.

Almost feels like the devs couldn't decide which save system to use and went for a bit of both.

Really feels like a worst of both worlds deal, dunno whom it even satisfies.

Parabalus

Arcane
You can "manually" save. Save and exit, then resume the game.

The annoying loading screens are the problem, that they can be bypassed through tedium is just further insult.

Instead of disabling save-scumming completely, they 'discourage' it through annoyance, which hits you even if you play properly and get a normal game-over screen.

cb.spike

Educated
Ok, so fuck the ending. I don't have anything against unanswered questions or even against missing content but gameplay that is just running around like retard with bits of stupid stealth pisses me off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom