Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Tactics V: "Obsidian Brigade"

Drowed

Arcane
http://fromnothinggamestudios.com/games/tactics-v

So, there's this thing:

Tactics V: "Obsidian Brigade" is a retro-style tactical turn-based video game in homage to console tactical RPGs from the 1990s. Its set in an in-house fantasy setting with it's own lore and magic, It also uses techniques to convert to a 2D isometric look from 3D assets.

The dream behind this game goes with the roman numeral five in its name, which was originally the code name differentiating it from four other tactical game systems the programmer, Paul Metcalf, had made.

Content Included:
• Robust combat system (with many mechanics: facing, targeting styles, actions, delayed actions, reactions)
• World map navigation.
• >50 hand crafted levels
• >80 scripted scenes/battles
• 25+ hours and new game plus
• 3 ½ tiers of gear/weaponry
• 13 unique unlockable classes
• >50 skills (proficiencies, abilities, power casting unlockable)
• >140 powers (Elemental magic, close range, Archery, Imbue poisons, etc.)
• Optional cooperative main-game via assigning troops to another controller during deployment
• Training option allowing a non-fatal combat to be controlled by player(s) or AI to gain XP and Skill points
• Optional Alternate top-down perspective available

Pics:

ss_f34c760d068502f0a0fc21edd810b73043b623bf.1920x1080.jpg

ss_4b8f0ef0d6e8db8a9dc34a6a21fb55826e6a756d.1920x1080.jpg

ss_75179d0e39e30711e1114be78caa009cc719034c.1920x1080.jpg

ss_d173f73b27bd4385cb3a761dc786965418ad9ad9.1920x1080.jpg

It looks vaguely interesting, but I haven't seen anyone comment on it anywhere. Looks like an RPG with some basic strategy gameplay, based on single-scenarios/missions such as JRPGs like Tactics Ogre style / Final Fantasy Tactics. I just thought maybe some people here might be interested.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Obsidian Brigade for me will always be Prime Cunta, Infinitron and their accomplices.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I played a very early demo and all I can tell you is that its very Final Fantasy Tactics. It wears that on its sleeve in terms of gameplay.

Height calculation, job system, points earned through actions, all there. The mouse control was pretty bad when I tried, maybe its better now.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I would love another tactics game that's actually good, fell seal arbiters mark was half finished when I played it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom