Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Code Vein - new action RPG from God Eater devs at Bandai Namco

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So... does it look like the second best Souls-like game not created by From? Maybe not including Nioh, which holds first spot probably

Studies say Lords of the Fallen is the best non-From soulslike that's a settled science and if you disagree you're a denier.

Puukko

Arcane
I got the full game...but I'm gonna need a guide or walkthrough or something. I'm overwhelmed by all the options...upgrade. transform, weapon choices, leveling, mastery, gifts, codes, veils, etc... I've looked at the vendors several times, I just can't understand the system, what's important, what's not, etc...what to sell, what to keep, what to trade.

It all seems very confusing to me.

Zep--
Leveling up is arguably the least important. Pick a blood code based on what kind of playstyle you're interested in, then pick a blood veil with stats scaling that benefits that class, eg. STR scaling for a berserker. If you play a physical class, upgrade your weapon, if you play a caster, upgrade your blood veil first. After you play a blood code enough, you master the skills you have unlocked for it and you can use them on other blood codes, but note their stat scaling as well, that is, dumping spells on a berserker is probably not the best idea just because you can. Collect memories (red whispering rocks) and bring them to Io to watch the memories and learn new skills for the corresponding blood code. Maps are hard to find but bring them to Davis to access the optional dungeon to redo bosses and get loot.

Protip: get weapon elemental buffs and ailment resistance (poison/slow) items in the early game particularly.

Killing enemies with a backstab or drain attack increases your maximum ichor (casts) until your next rest at a mistle. Backstabs are quite easy, X while standing still behind the enemy assuming they're not focused.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I got the full game...but I'm gonna need a guide or walkthrough or something. I'm overwhelmed by all the options...upgrade. transform, weapon choices, leveling, mastery, gifts, codes, veils, etc... I've looked at the vendors several times, I just can't understand the system, what's important, what's not, etc...what to sell, what to keep, what to trade.

It all seems very confusing to me.

Zep--
Congrats you got confused by a simple game. Whack enemies by a paper mache weapon, and you'd murder them anyway.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/code-vein
There is decent review. 2/5 is about right considering flaws of code vein.

Mojobeard

Augur
Bad news for people that like their ooga booga; many of the late game enemies, specifically tougher enemies and bosses, seem to be resistant to the blunt damage type. Doesn't make any sense, I know. So hammers drop their viability pretty drastically, even though they're so fun to use.
:negative:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I've gotten about halfway through nu-anor londo and it's actually a really cool area. It's definitely got it's own asthetic, it's utterly massive, and the devs used both lighting and perspective to reuse a lot of the same structures while making very different looking parts of the level.

Puukko

Arcane
Protip: later in the game, you'll get an NPC before bosses who can take vestiges like Io. You want to turn in all the ones from that area before beating the boss.

Also, I didn't even get the chance to check Eva's gift inventory for good items but be sure to do that as soon as she is available and get anything you might want from her.

Lord Romulus

Arcane
Bad news for people that like their ooga booga; many of the late game enemies, specifically tougher enemies and bosses, seem to be resistant to the blunt damage type. Doesn't make any sense, I know. So hammers drop their viability pretty drastically, even though they're so fun to use.
:negative:

I beat the game with the queenslayer hammer and did not notice this at all.

Mojobeard

Augur
I beat the game with the queenslayer hammer and did not notice this at all.
The resistances seem very Demon's Souls-y, if something resists a damage type / element, it resists the shit out of it. It's easy to notice when you carry both a two-handed sword and a hammer.
Halberds seem to do the most damage overall on just basic R1 mashing, but they don't have as many fun active gifts.

Puukko

Arcane
Boobstein and Pyrough are pushing my shit in after the dungeon itself was easy. I have good gifts but I think I'm too slow - might have to make good use out of that stat buffing gift that kills you after some time but increases dodge speed. They also hit for a ton and sometimes my partner survives 10 seconds.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

it's a simplistic souls-like with passable, if dated, graphics, but still reasonably fun gameplay and a mediocre story.

great breast physics though.

8/10

would have been a 10/10, but there's no option to manipulate breast size only.

Infinitron, you're welcome to publish this detailed and neutral-positive review.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Seems I gimped myself early by leveling up and not upgrading my codes/veils/weapons, etc.

I'm not too far into the game, so I'm gonna restart and delve into the upgrades/transform stuff this go around, etc...

Zep--

Reinhardt

Arcane
Finished replaying Yakuza Kiwami yesterday so maybe i will try it now. At least now i'm not in tb mode yet so i have chance to dodge enemies instead of facetanking everything.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Started playing it. I'm in starting dungeon and everything is so nice and easy. Especially after that retarded Jingu fight in Yakuza Kiwami from yesterday.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

great breast physics though.
Good.

but there's no option to manipulate breast size
Shit
You can change their size, but it’s linked to overall physical size because Sony are pussies.

So you can either have a short girl with small tits or a tall girl with decently sized tits, but no sort girls with giant tits or tall girls with flat chests.

This is something that mods need to fix ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:

deama

Prophet
So is there any romance with your companions or anything like that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom