Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
I just realized something.

Thought Cabinet in Disco is the same thing as the flaw system here only much more interesting and creative, like everything else in Disco compared to Outer Worlds
Stygian also beat Outer Worlds to the punch with having a flaws system. So much for evolving the genre (okay, they still have the leadership build).

Hey wait, I thought Disco Elysium was the new gold standard in RPG-gaming ?
How could it be if it's not an RPG?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
angst in Stygian works like flaw too. when you do immoral thing you gain angst and when the angst experience reached a point, you have to pick a debuff perk.

Prime Junta

I just realized something.

Thought Cabinet in Disco is the same thing as the flaw system here only much more interesting and creative, like everything else in Disco compared to Outer Worlds
Stygian also beat Outer Worlds to the punch with having a flaws system. So much for evolving the genre (okay, they still have the leadership build).

Hey wait, I thought Disco Elysium was the new gold standard in RPG-gaming ?
How could it be if it's not an RPG?

24665.jpg

damn I've missed being able to do that

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Stop sucking Microsoft's cock, you fucking degenerates. This subscription crap is a slippery slope, before you know it publishers won't release perpetual versions of video games anymore and game preservation will become a thing of the past.

I doubt Netflix is going to make preservation of TV series and films a thing of the past.
Movies don't have DLCs, yet.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So you're saying it won't be a shitty Obsidian game written and designed by SJWs trying to be a Bethesda game down to the shit gameplay?
Cain and Boyarsky don't fit that catagory. Guarantee this game will have something in it to offend that cult anyway.

Cain and Boyarsky are just puppets paraded around to fool idiots and retarded animals who can't learn (ShitNick as a random example). Just like Avellone was and still is occasionally. Not gonna fall for that one again. The game is mostly made by Obsidian hacks. Period.

Not that Boyarsky himself didn't already disappoint by basically saying this was his dream game and with the art style (if that was indeed all his doing) which was really the only thing I had any hopes for in this game before anything was revealed.

Duraframe300

Arcane
So you're saying it won't be a shitty Obsidian game written and designed by SJWs trying to be a Bethesda game down to the shit gameplay?
Cain and Boyarsky don't fit that catagory. Guarantee this game will have something in it to offend that cult anyway.

Cain and Boyarsky are just puppets paraded around to fool idiots and retarded animals who can't learn (ShitNick as a random example). Just like Avellone was and still is occasionally. Not gonna fall for that one again. The game is mostly made by Obsidian hacks. Period.

Ehhh, Cain and Boyarsky are the directors on this game. Games Avellone actually had control over at Obsidian (KOTOR2, New Vegas DLC's) did feel like Avellone wrote and designed for them. (Gameplay failings aside, but those were never Avellone's strong suit). In contrast Avellone (and Tim) did get paraded around for Pillars, but in the end didn't do much.

So if Outer Worlds fully sucks you can definitly can lay the blame on them as well. They did have final say, by their own admission.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I hate to admit it but this is probably the case.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pfft, you guys think you're earning Kodex Kool Kredits by being saying stuff like that, but a TRUE blackpilled edgelord would say that yes, Cain and Boyarsky are in charge, and the game sucks because they've declined and are just as bad as the rest of Obsidian.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Pfft, you guys think you're earning Kodex Kool Kredits by being saying stuff like that, but a TRUE blackpilled edgelord would say that yes, Cain and Boyarsky are in charge, and the game sucks because they've declined and are just as bad as the rest of Obsidian.
No, I'm serious about what I am saying. After PoE my confidence in Obsidian isn't high. Also, I've seen enough gameplay.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Let's face it, if you're bothering to download it and play it for like 10, 20, 30 hours, then you're playing it because you want to play it. Dunno why people have to dress it up.

I've been a member here for almost 10 years and lurked a long time before that, and if there's anything I associate with the Codex it's playing shit for dozens of hours and then pretending you hated every minute of it.

Quillon

Arcane
Apparently there is a date in 32th second of the latest trailer which reads MMCCLXXX(2280). Interesting that they set it so close to current Fallout :P

Deleted Member 16721

Why would anyone expect this game to be bad? From everything we've seen it looks good, like a less open world New Vegas. How could it be bad?

The only thing I'm kind of concerned about is they said the 2nd planet is a bit more linear. I hope it stays interesting enough throughout the game even in the more linear parts.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Why would anyone expect this game to be bad? From everything we've seen it looks good, like a less open world New Vegas. How could it be bad?

Eh the game does not seem to do anything new, we played New Vegas already..... it might not be bad, but it will probably utterly bland and boring

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Let's face it, if you're bothering to download it and play it for like 10, 20, 30 hours, then you're playing it because you want to play it. Dunno why people have to dress it up.

I've been a member here for almost 10 years and lurked a long time before that, and if there's anything I associate with the Codex it's playing shit for dozens of hours and then pretending you hated every minute of it.
And how do you expect to criticize or praise something if you didn't play it? If you play it for one hour, "well you didn't play it enough", "game picks up after that" or "cool, you finished the tutorial" etc. If you play it for dozens of hours, you must like it, right?
Wrong.
In order to appreciate something at its value (a game in this case) you must play it for dozens of hours. It's in that long span of time that the problems start to emerge and show themselves, or on the contrary, no problems might reveal thus concluding that technically it is a well made game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom