Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wouldn’t even call POE frontloaded—some of its best content may be in the first act, but you have to struggle through that ridiculously offputting intro to get there. Like, for fuck’s sake, pick a beginning!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wouldn’t even call POE frontloaded—some of its best content may be in the first act, but you have to struggle through that ridiculously offputting intro to get there. Like, for fuck’s sake, pick a beginning!
Game sounds more off-loaded than anything else.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If Flou's thesis that Obsidian are now working on as many as 4 unannounced games is correct, it seems quite likely that one of them is a Pillars of Eternity title.

jewboy

Arbiter
You definitely used to be able to

What store allowed that? I can't think of any. Was it some small local store where you lived? Where I lived people would have flocked to it. It certainly wasn't a chain store. I do remember there was a small local music store that allowed you to return opened CDs if you didn't like them but they went out of business. Never heard of a software store that allowed software returns for anything but defective media replacement. As far as I recall this was true going back even to the late 1970s. I think it's pretty obvious why they didn't allow it.

Codex Year of the Donut
You definitely used to be able to

What store allowed that? I can't think of any. Was it some small local store where you lived? Where I lived people would have flocked to it. It certainly wasn't a chain store. I do remember there was a small local music store that allowed you to return opened CDs if you didn't like them but they went out of business. Never heard of a software store that allowed software returns for anything but defective media replacement. As far as I recall this was true going back even to the late 1970s. I think it's pretty obvious why they didn't allow it.
do you live in a jewish community by chance?

jewboy

Arbiter
What's your problem dude? You don't talk to jews? Are you from the southern US or eastern europe by any chance? Just answer the fucking question or admit that you were just making shit up.

Deleted Member 22431

Pillars was a victim of obsidian writers and coders

Pillars was a victim of too high expectations.

Pillars was a victim of the Kickstarter promises that got out of hand.

Pillars was a victim of Josh Sawyer's uninvited advances, more than often sexual in nature.

Pillars was a victim of being a soulless cash grab made in a hurry.

This is becoming another Pillars thread. When is this going to end, for Christ's sake?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted Member 22431

I don't agree with Cain that these CCs were horrible and overwhelmed players; I've watched many RPG noobs spending an hour creating characters in PoEs & Tyranny with excitement on twitch, what's after CC makes players stay with or leave the game.
They will spend one hour choosing the hair and the race because they were conditioned by Bethesda games.

jf8350143

Liturgist
How many AAA have come out lately?

I was thinking Greedfall, but I guess that's AA. Remnant's probably AA too. Hmmm... maybe you have a fair point. :lol:

After 2015(Which has two AAA "rpg", kind a miracle), there is only ME:A, FF 15 and AC:Odyessy is being called AAA RPG.

According to one of the interviews, Greedfall's budget is only 5.5 mln euros, which is probably less than Deadfire.

Last edited:

Diggfinger

Arcane
16 days and counting...literally can't wait....

anyone have experience with the EPIC store?
I.e. if I pay in dollars (to save EUR) will I have any issue?

just

Liturgist
16 days and counting...literally can't wait....

anyone have experience with the EPIC store?
I.e. if I pay in dollars (to save EUR) will I have any issue?
support capitalism and buy the microsoft game pass for $1
every dollar you spend on epic store is another dead resident of honkkong

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom