Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

ColCol

Arcane
I'm sorry, does the mutagen scanner puzzle require you to use the scanner that is located far from the main puzzle to track negative atoms? Absurd, it's strange that so much of the game can so well made and then you run into parts like this that are just garbage.

Goromorg

Savant
I'm sorry, does the mutagen scanner puzzle require you to use the scanner that is located far from the main puzzle to track negative atoms? Absurd, it's strange that so much of the game can so well made and then you run into parts like this that are just garbage.
No no, it was a deliberate design decision. It just happens that Styg is a hellish troll.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Styg Please help, my game is still stuck in the splash screen. Won't launch.
:cry::cry::cry:
EDIT: Uh.. okay, it launched, but it took like 7 minutes to do so. That shouldn't be normal, right?
LKlsd1q.png
I fixed it by adding an exception for the game folder in Windows Defender.
Others here said to try that.
Went from taking several minutes to about 10 seconds.

Though they may have been shills and this is all a plot by Styg to make us all ignore the backdoor he's putting in the next update.

ciox

Liturgist
Question regarding "Volitile Fuseboxes" -- are they always there for a purpose? Do you always cut power to some room or place if you destroy them?
I haven't noticed any function for the destructible ones other than them dealing electrical damage and stun in the vicinity when they are destroyed.

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
Question regarding "Volitile Fuseboxes" -- are they always there for a purpose? Do you always cut power to some room or place if you destroy them?
If there is a enemy nearby while you destroy it, it will stun him. But cutting power in a room when destroying it is actually a nice idea, i mean its plausable.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If there is a enemy nearby while you destroy it, it will stun him. But cutting power in a room when destroying it is actually a nice idea, i mean its plausable.
The first time I encountered a volatile fusebox, it was while sneaking around the pirates' base and I remember shooting it, thinking it would cut the electricity somewhere.

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there a way to reset Abram's second quest (to plant the bug; I refused to do it initially). I know that in the earlier versions of the game you could edit the save game, but according to their forums, it doesn't work anymore.

ciox

Liturgist
The first time I encountered a volatile fusebox, it was while sneaking around the pirates' base and I remember shooting it, thinking it would cut the electricity somewhere.

They can be tricky to use since their radius is smaller than barrels', but you use them in a similar way by staying next to the box to bait enemies to come near, then once the enemies are right next to you, run away and shoot the box.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oculus questline is so so easy to miss, especially if you answer one of the early quest-giver's game of 20 questions incorrectly, or finish one of several quests in a suboptimal way... like killing everyone at the prison and freeing the guy instead of sneaking in. I almost had to reverse engineer the save game file (after decompressing it, of course), but there were already instructions online on what to edit.

It's definitely a neat locale that you don't want to skip though.

Oculus being so hard to miss makes it even better tbh.

A great reward for playing a set of missable and seemingly not very relevant side quests perfectly.

Jezal_k23

The thing is, if it's that hard to find, up to a point where only a tiny percentage of players will find it on their own, why develop more content for it? Waste of development time.

Either make it easier to find or don't waste time on a thing 95% of players will miss. Seems like common sense to me.

ciox

Liturgist
Too bad there's so little to do there after you find it. Finding the guy is the only quest there iirc
I don't think it's that bad, there's loreshit and also the holy grail of Underrail quest rewards: another trader to sell your loot to.

hello friend

Arcane
Is it really that hard to find, though?

Judging by comments in this thread, it's all gated behind the first task you're offered. Apart from that? I had no idea the Oculus questline was some hidden thing until I saw people commenting on it so much. I just played the game and tried to adhere to the mission parameters given.

Only case you've got a good reason not to accept the first task is if you're a bitch for the Protectorate, and those guys suck.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I missed it and I don't really feel bad about it. Abram was like "Yo I got a mission for you underneath my trenchcoat" and I thought hmm, nope, this dude seems shady AF. He was like, "okay bye bruh." Fission Mailed.

I thought it was pretty cool actually that a whole quest line could be cut off so easily, and I can't imagine sperging out to the point of editing my savegame to get it back.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I finally got around to playing the game. I fucking love it. It actually captures the spirit of fallout without copying the broken systems, unlike Atom which imo fails to capture what is good about fallout and mindlessly mimics all the bad parts.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
What exactly captures the feeling of Fallout in Underrail?
It has basically no C&C and has great combat which sucked in FO. It has no companions who were important in FO, it has no open-ended quest solving options like FO...
What does it capture exactly from Fallout? I never get the comparison.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
The thing is, if it's that hard to find, up to a point where only a tiny percentage of players will find it on their own, why develop more content for it? Waste of development time.

Either make it easier to find or don't waste time on a thing 95% of players will miss. Seems like common sense to me.

Shitty attitude.

Finding something like this gives you that cool feeling of discovery only obscure shit like that can give you.

Like Arcanum's Iron Clan quest, which would even give you a special ending if you find it with Loghaire and Magnus in your party (and getting Loghaire in your party is hard and easily missable by itself)

This kind of obscure content is what makes an RPG great.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
It has basically no C&C and has great combat which sucked in FO. It has no companions who were important in FO, it has no open-ended quest solving options like FO...

Its replayability? Intriguing well realised post-apocalyptic setting? Overall greatness?

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Post-apocalyptic with similar retained tech level, mutant threat on both the level of immediate enemies and a hidden plot and mutant mastermind, highly valuable tech gizmo central to plot, old installations that can be partially revived, horrible critters, trash and oil barrels lying around, similar level of political and social development, fairly similar aesthetic with wire fences, gun turrets, grenades, metal armour, drugs etc.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

Its replayability? Intriguing well realised post-apocalyptic setting? Overall greatness?
Apart from the setting (which isn't really reminiscent of Fallout's setting but it's well done) your other points could capture the feeling of any good CRPG.
I don't like the comparison with Fallout because it leads to wrong assumptions.
I actually went in the game expecting it to be somewhat like Fallout but , apart from it having turn-based combat, it simply isn't.
It's a good game but the comparison doesn't fit imo

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Apart from the setting (which isn't really reminiscent of Fallout's setting but it's well done) your other points could capture the feeling of any good CRPG.
I don't like the comparison with Fallout because it leads to wrong assumptions.
I actually went in the game expecting it to be somewhat like Fallout but , apart from it having turn-based combat, it simply isn't.
It's a good game but the comparison doesn't fit imo

It's true that on paper it can seem like the similarities end with post-apoc and TB combat, but there are more little things that together evoke that familiarity. Another is the way the hubs are handled that can be of minimal relevance to the main plot but offer additional information to move forward and a lot of content if you want to fuck about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom