Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Because we need another FO3 topic: Yahtzee does Fallout 3

Silellak

Cipher
As someone guessed in the "Yahtzee rapes Fable 2" thread, his latest review is, in fact, Fallout 3:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/420-Fallout-3

And now to post my favorite quote from the Fable 2 thread:

Ebonsword said:
I think Zero Punctuation is to game reviews what The Daily Show is to TV news programs.

It's main purpose is to entertain, yet you somehow feel that it's better at disseminating useful information than the format it is parodying.

Balor

Arcane
Mediocre review of a mediocre game.
Really, it was way less interesting then an average ZP review.

Silellak

Cipher
Kingston said:
Pretty meh. Would've liked to have heard more stuff about the Fallout setting and how it compares to Fallout. But focusing on the big picture has never really been ZP's style.

Still, didn't find myself laughing or anything. 4/10.

It's quite likely he hasn't played the earlier Fallout games. He's not exactly an RPG person. He despises JRPGs and admits to only playing the occasional western RPG.

I enjoyed it for what it was, and had to refrain from laughing at work, so I can't really complain.

Balor

Arcane
Silellak said:
It's quite likely he hasn't played the earlier Fallout games. He's not exactly an RPG person. He despises JRPGs and admits to only playing the occasional western RPG.

You sound like that you cannot be "RPG person" unless you love JRPGs.
Repent!

Sarvis

Erudite
"...would rather let numbers decide the outcome of battle."

He understands what an RPG _is_ right?

Oh damn... I shouldn't ask that here.

Also, he seems to think that VATS is some kind of turn-based mode, which pretty much invalidates everything he's ever said if you ask me.

Silellak

Cipher
Balor said:
Silellak said:

You sound like that you cannot be "RPG person" unless you love JRPGs.
Repent!

Not at all, I'm just saying he's not an RPG person, as he admits he very rarely bothers with any RPGs, including WRPGs.

I would actually argue the opposite.

You can be an RPG person, and enjoy both WRPGs and JRPGs for what they are.
You can be an RPG person, and despise JRPGs but enjoy WRPGs.
You cannot be an RPG person and enjoy JRPGs but despise WRPGs.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Melcar said:
That was one of the most lamest ZPs reviews I have seen.
Almost all of his works are pleasent to watch - but this one is not one of them.

Melcar

Arcane
WhiskeyWolf said:
Melcar said:
That was one of the most lamest ZPs reviews I have seen.
Almost all of his works are pleasent to watch - but this one is not one of them.

I enjoy the reviews also, that's why it struck me as odd. It's like he didn't even try. Why bother then?

Drakron

Arcane
I do not recall if it was on the Mass Effect or Witcher review but he is stated is not a RPG person, I do get the idea he does plays jRPGs.

I guess this review show the problem with Fallout 3, its a game that have a lot of things going for it and a lot of mistakes.

Silellak

Cipher
Drakron said:
I do not recall if it was on the Mass Effect or Witcher review but he is stated is not a RPG person, I do get the idea he does plays jRPGs.

I guess this review show the problem with Fallout 3, its a game that have a lot of things going for it and a lot of mistakes.

In the Oblivion review, he mentions how it's rare he will play a WRPG.

He despises JRPGs. For an example, watch his review of The World Ends With You.

He's a twitch gamer at heart. Quite different from the average Codexer, obviously.

Silellak

Cipher
Tintin said:
Silellak said:
He's a twitch gamer at heart.

He makes point and click adventure games.

And if you listened to his reviews, you'd know he's also very-much a twitch gamer. Listen to his Oblivion review.

It doesn't mean he doesn't like other genres, but he has said repeatedly, RPGs are not his thing.

Which genre do you think is easier for a solo developer to create, a fast-paced FPS, or a point and click adventure?

Tintin

Arbiter
Silellak said:
Tintin said:
Silellak said:
He's a twitch gamer at heart.

He makes point and click adventure games.

And if you listened to his reviews, you'd know he's also very-much a twitch gamer. Listen to his Oblivion review.

It doesn't mean he doesn't like other genres, but he has said repeatedly, RPGs are not his thing.

Which genre do you think is easier for a solo developer to create, a fast-paced FPS, or a point and click adventure?

No "twitch gamer" could stand playing a point and click adventure for more than a few seconds.

He just doesn't like RPGs. Leave it at that.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, this review sucked. If he read this place and knew how much the game was supposed to suck it would have been better.

Balor

Arcane
Since when pirates are in decline? I heard they are going as strong as ever!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom