Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Xunwael

Educated
I don't know who the lead writer for this game is, nor do I know anything about him, but I can already tell - he's a real asshole.

deama

Prophet
Anyone having trouble with a black screen? When I start it, it displays the ZA/UM logo, then gets stuck on some black screen. Can move mouse, task manager says it's using 10-20% CPU.
I'm on windows 7 64x, anyone know what's going on?

Anyone having trouble with a black screen? When I start it, it displays the ZA/UM logo, then gets stuck on some black screen. Can move mouse, task manager says it's using 10-20% CPU.
I'm on windows 7 64x, anyone know what's going on?

Sarcasm I hope? It has a known issue with Windows 7.

Tigranes

Arcane
Man the layers of hipster irony and sarcasm in every piece of dialogue is just unbearable.

Truly this is a game for the Rick and Morty intellectuals of the world.

10/10 masterpiece of literature.

Dude keeps playing, watching, reading, talking, he cannot stop, he cannot turn away

His hair starts turning purple, he finds a sickle under his pillow, but still he must go on, it is his sacred duty to be ANGRY ABOUT DISCO ELYSIUM

Efe

Erudite
since this game is a glorified CYOA, whats stopping me from just watching a streamer and be done?

this one does voice acting too...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
There are 3 options these games usually have when trying to not be shit, either *very* good writing where you are simply reading an interactive book with graphics, or C&C where it's not clear where you are going to end up (amusingly, AoW1's campaign is like this), or emotional manipulation like the Walking Dead games by Tell Tale. The C&C part doesn't need to be very elaborate, as long as the consequences are logical but "wacky" for a lack of better word, as in unexpectedly taking a different turn like deciding to get donuts but somehow end up snorting coke off a stripper's tits or getting to run a job for Elvira, Mistress of the Dark on the stage of Plan 9 from Outer Space. Or trying to write a letter to your mom, but somehow getting embroiled in an organ harvesting ring.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
upload_2019-10-15_23-16-58.png

Managed to finish properly next to the hanged man, with a personal victory. Well, it was much shorter than advertised, but this ending is very satisfactory

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I've put 4 hours into the game and I'm almost done with the first day.

The game is addictive but I cannot say this is better than Planescape Torment.

Anyway, at least is something different from everything else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom