Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Scavenger just came out in Steam

Ilmar Tamames

Vidama Software
Developer
Our game, Dungeon Scavenger has just been released in Steam. The game is based on beloved classic turn based dungeon crawlers from the past. Similar to games such as Demise, Mordor, Ultima and recent ones such as Neo Scavenger.

Here is the trailer:

Here is the Steam Page:

Hopefully you like it!

Ilmar

rohand

Cipher
meta.png

Ilmar Tamames

Vidama Software
Developer
You can charm a monster as a pet for companionship.

Party makes turn based fights so cumbersome, specially adding pets on each member.

I enjoy the decision of each turn, not mashing the best key.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
What were your inspirations for this 3d art style? Any particular works by a certain artist of this forum maybe?

Ilmar Tamames

Vidama Software
Developer
Possibly. I have no artist skills whatsoever, but luckily for me, GrigoriyArx does.

He has cool stuff at the asset store for unity.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
First off, congratulations on finishing a game. That's the hard part. I'm with Snorkack...anyone keeping the RPG dream alive by developing something deserves at least a brofist.

Your game may not be to everyone's taste, but encouragement of your work is essential. A lot of top-notch developers got their start making little indie games. For all we know, this is the beginning of greatness. Don't let us down, Ilmar Tamames.

Last edited:

Ilmar Tamames

Vidama Software
Developer
Thanks ProphetSword!

Your words are appreciated! Is really hard to to make certain types of games that you used to enjoy. Easier to make one more mobile multiple pay as you go fee game and call it RPG.

My contributions to the community is to keep the old school feeling alive and sell it for cheap. No need to spend $30 for nostalgia.

I will keep on trying.

Have fun.

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
The game does well enough to be recommended in the more like this category of Steam. The stretched Steam capsule art had always the "this-is-trash"-smell but apparently the game has 87 ratings and 94% are positive and seems to sell a decent amount.

Has anyone tried this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom