Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Disco Elysium Released

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's the verdict? Good, bad or awesome?
goty rpg codex

only if these heathens will actually play it. c'mon boys, join the church of piss.

27BB661529E2A4D90755980EE85C6CBB809D8F0C

F9D1D2ACEF2710AC4C46DA03387406ED3CC0DFF0

D5D0EEDB1C067273963F11AE1037BE4B31358A49

9F085CC2893982E3EBED2F1A39D0C617A5DBFCCB

V_K

Arcane

aratuk

Cipher
Has been enthusiastically purchased.

May or may not be related to my discovery a few minutes ago that I could make a surprisingly good smoothie with red bull, bananas, cucumber, spinach, kale, and lemon juice.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Newfags reveal themselves when unable to recognize pure incline without browsing Codex top 70 list. More news at 11.
For some reason it's praised here
It's leftist propaganda, I'll give you three guesses as to why.
If you need help, take a closer look at most of the people praising it.
QFT, I've barely started the game and I'm being bombarded with shit like this:

td2U0Ax.jpg

If they're making characters called "racist lorry driver" and then write retarded dialogue like this you would have to be retarded to not agree with rusty_shackleford. People, who aren't racist BTW (and not just because race <> nationality so even the definition is wrong), don't want immigrants in their country not because of competition, which immigrants rarely pose, but because more often than not they are human trash who won't work and at best will be a burden to the civilized society and at worst they will kill, rape and rob. I would support immigration if we would get valuable people like Fabiano Caruana or Wesley So (chess grandmasters who first played for Italy/Philippines) or Elon Musk but if I would get Mbubu or Mohammad who can only shit on streets then no thank you.

Anway, regardless of my opinion on the topic our dialogue options are limited to:
1) I'm retarded racist and racism is wrong but I agree with you because I'm retarded
2) Fuck you
3) Let's change the subject

And people praise this shit? :D :D :D

Last edited:

grimace

Arcane
I read a rumour on the shitbox that there was a reference to Grimoire within disco elysium. Have any screenshots of this been shared?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Anway, regardless of my opinion on the topic our dialogue options are limited to:
1) I'm retarded racist and racism is wrong but I agree with you because I'm retarded
2) Fuck you

It is a fucking lorry driver. The game even goes as far of telling you that the NPC has little relevance by not even giving him a proper name.

You can get something from him, if you play your cards right.
You can (publicly) establish yourself as a dumb racist.
Or you can use him to build rapport with your new partner.

The scene *is* a little ham-fisted, namely due to the way Kim reacts to the whole thing. It seems out of character. Racial tensions don't really seem like the biggest issue in the city.

If you were a real bröther, you would know that the world is filled with such dumb lorry drivers. Doesn't mean that you cannot be a smart traditionalist yourself. One who loves the wömen *wink wink*.

Goral the lorry driver is literally talking about how race mixing is haram in the very screenshot you linked - don't you think that is a bit more racially motivated than a mere anti-immigration stance, my dude? If so, how can the phrase "Yeah, I can get down with racism" translate into "I'm retarded racist and racism is wrong but I agree with you because I'm retarded" without the involvement of some deep-seated insecurities?

People, who aren't racist BTW (and not just because race <> nationality so even the definition is wrong), don't want immigrants in their country not because of competition, which immigrants rarely pose, but because more often than not they are human trash who won't work and at best will be a burden to the civilized society and at worst they will kill, rape and rob. I would support immigration if we would get valuable people like Fabiano Caruana or Wesley So (chess grandmasters who first played for Italy/Philippines) or Elon Musk but if I would get Mbubu or Mohammad who can only shit on streets then no thank you.

Goral, you appear to unironically think that >50% of immigrants are "human trash who won't work at best," and your more specific examples of them are racist stereotypes. Have you ever considered that maybe you could get down with racism after all? Come on, don't resist it.

You are always going to be a retard, but you might as well not be a cowardly retard. Don't be a pussy, Goral - don't be a cryptoretard! Maybe wear an armband or something so that when Prima Junta, Scruffy, and Lenin instigate yet another murderous commie revolution they will be able to promptly identify you as a class enemy and thus preserve us from any more of your braindead posts. :D :D :D

Last edited:

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
2) Fuck you

And people praise this shit? :D :D :D
It believe it is completely understandable for commie developers to misrepresent right-wingers, intentionally or not. That's not necessarily wrong, it is their game and they're just expressing their own beliefs, so kudos to them.

But unfortunately this kind of crap will label this game as "stunning, brave, and really really smart" among mainstream reviewers, propagandists, and left-leaning people in general. And seeing how most fanboys here are kind of progressive (including self-proclaimed communists), it's hard not to raise an eyebrow.

I'm still waiting for a right-winger liking this game, there must be someone on the RPGCodex of all places.

Well, I will no longer read this thread since I don't want to spoil myself, but before I get this there's something I need to know.

Is there a single right-wing and/or fascist guy endorsing this game? Preferably JarlFrank, since he's a monocled gentleman. This is important. Not that I'm scared of a commie game, and in a perfect world I wouldn't care about it, but leftists are known for praising shit propaganda pieces as masterpieces, so i want to know if I'm supporting a genuine good game or not. Besides, I can't trust Prime Junta, he liked Pillars of Eternity.

Insert Title Here
That truck driver is still more eloquent than most of the real life unemployed or working class racists I know. Game also dunks on commies, liberals and centrists so I don't really get the hysteria.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Imagine being butthurt by specific politics in a computer game.

FUCK DOES CUNO CARE??
FUCK DOES CUNO CARE??
FUCK DOES CUNO CARE??

Disco Elysium is Game of The Year.

Prime Junta

Game looks weird as fuck. Do you like it, Codex?

Why don't you check out the main thread and find out?

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...m-a-hardboiled-cop-show-isometric-rpg.130284/

tl;dr there have only been a handful of people actually playing it who don't appear like it. Eryfkrad thinks it has too much text, and I can't think of anyone else off-hand. Some Codexians hate it based on the screenshots for various reasons (a few think it's pretentious, others don't like the Communism, yet others are butthurt about censoring out f****t, that sort of thing).

Some notable Codexians who have endorsed it include JarlFrank, luj1, Lady Error, mibbles, and Delterius.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom