Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Political Quest - a retro point & click adventure that makes fun of political YouTubers

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...st-a-satirical-point-and-click-adventure-game

https://www.politicalquestgame.com

:lol: Dexter

In the tradition of classic Lucasarts and Sierra adventures, go on a POLITICAL QUEST!
KS1.jpg

SEE THE FULL TRAILER ON KICKSTARTER
NOW!
http://kck.st/31dg0Cz

Basil_idle_D.png

YOU ARE BASIL BERKLEY …
A 30-something YooToober known for his political commentary and pop culture videos. Aneeta, his fellow YooToober, has disappeared and now he must raise his following (and cash) in order to find and confront her.

His pet peeves include Episode 8, phase 5 films and he does not drive. Basil is married with a wife and child although he never shows them publicly. He loves dark and gritty superhero films and thinks he is way smarter than he actually is.

Suddenly Aneeta, has vanished. Her disappearance has become his day to day obsession. As his fame rises Basil sees the potential to find Aneeta …

WHERE IS ANEETA?
Also a moderately successful YooToober, Aneeta made a series of videos criticising the depiction of female characters in video games and movies. Although her videos continued to slay in the views and advertising revenue, she just went dark!

The channel: gone!

Why would anyone leave behind a successful YooToob career? It’s the question that drives Basil mad … Isn’t being a YooToober with a huge following the ultimate goal in life?

Aneeta_formattedSS.png

BasilAtHome.jpg

Basil’s apartment.

Globe trotting
From Sydney to Paris to the United States to London (and lots lots more) - travel and encounter political correctness at every stop!

Explore Universities, safe spaces, city streets, debate halls and a whole host of environments. Traverse the safe space forest and try to solve the problem and escape YooToob’s mysterious headquarters.

Massive story
A massive point and click adventure game, double the size of Monkey Island, over 100 locations, dozens and dozens of dialogues, debates and of course the usual puzzles.

No deaths are possible. This is a breezy point and click adventure. No Sierra-style constant saving at every corner.

Multiple choices!
Multiple paths to finish the story, with alternate solutions to every puzzle!

Be an alt-right prick, virtue signal and cuck your way to victory OR ride the fence the entire way through.

Fight social gatekeepers with your WIT or your BRAWN
Screen+Shot+2019-09-24+at+7.02.46+pm.png

Wit
Using wit means using evidence-based logic and facts. Fight social gatekeepers in the marketplace of ideas.

Screen+Shot+2019-09-24+at+7.03.09+pm.png

Brawn
Using brawn means taking the NPC’s out ‘the hard way’ - KNOCK THEM OUT with your fist.

algoSS.jpg

Basil discovers the YooToob algorithm.

RAISE YOUR FOLLOWING through podcasts and debates
debateSS.jpg

Basil debating Petey Jordison on stage.

Debate on the stage
As your fame increases, so do the invitations.

Debate barely-disguised stand-ins of celebrities, the more debates you win, the more cash and invites you’ll receive!

rogSS.jpg

Basil appearing on the Joseph Rogaine podcast.

Podcast
Attend Podcasts and go on internet shows with even more barely-disguised celeb stand-ins!

Screen+Shot+2019-09-24+at+7.07.32+pm.png

Entering the safe space forest guarded by the wizard Zeezek.

Fully fledged old school gameplay mechanics!
cursorsSS.jpg

Classic cursors
Look, talk, use, walk and all the classic cursors you expect.

inventorySS.jpg

Inventory system
Collect, use and combine items you pick up along the way with Basil’s suitcase.

conversationSS.jpg

Conversations
Classic style dialogue. Have conversations & debate with every NPC.

BJSS.jpg

Encounter lots of random NPCs.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Heh. It'll make for some nice memes.

Other than that, blatant one dimensional "UR POLITICS SO DUM" satire gets old after a few minutes no matter whether anti-left or anti-right. Got to actually be a good game first.

If they actually build in a proper dialogue tree with many different outcomes for those podcast appearances, now that would be something.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
"An anti-hate adventure in the tradition of classic Lucasarts and Sierra games. Go on a Political Quest!"

"Anti-Hate"

No thanks, that tells me everything I need to know.
Does it? Who are the haters in this story? I mean, the hero is an old white male, and Aneeta seems to be positioned as the boss monster.

You might be right, you might not. But it's true that if you are the game isn't for you, nor me. We'll see I guess.

Boleskine

Arcane
If this project had any chance of actually meeting the funding goal it would have been shut down for "hate speech".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom