Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also, guy mispronounces Revachol - he says "Re-va-khol" - and he is supposed to be a nationalist. Really makes you thunk.

The nationalists pronounce the ch as a hard k. Lorry driver is the same, and so does Endurance when it pitches you on fascism.

Egosphere

Arcane
If you read descriptions of skills under INT its clear low intelligence doesn't mean dumb as rocks here.

What remains to be seen is how difficult it is to crack the case with low int skills vs high

IHaveHugeNick , you're expecting a low INT playthrough to be like Fallout, i.e. completely braindead, but that's not how the game works..

Read the description under the 'physical' archetype when you're starting a new game

Also, guy mispronounces Revachol - he says "Re-va-khol" - and he is supposed to be a nationalist. Really makes you thunk.

The nationalists pronounce the ch as a hard k. Lorry driver is the same, and so does Endurance when it pitches you on fascism.

giphy.gif

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I got some bug where I couldn't save the game and pretty much iron manned it to completion. Day 4 I needed to recover my gun and go get Ruby, but getting time to pass so I could recover the gun was haaaard having exhausted most dialog options already. I ended up having to buy the Settlers of Catan-like from the book store and let Kim beat me to pass enough time.

Parabalus

Arcane
Ran into some unbeatable checks. As in, the total roll > target number, check still fails. Bug?

Games is great, up to Day 3. There definitely seems a lot of room for optimisation, since you can do a lot of stuff at 2:00 AM.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Found a honest to god game-breaking bug, btw.

Start a new game, pick up your shoe and get the task for finding the other shoe.
Go to balcony, RUN to pick up the other shoe
You pick up the shoe, but it vanishes. No shoe in the inventory. Task doesn't complete.

You literally stuck walking around with only one shoe. GG, RIP WP.

Tigranes

Arcane
..........end of Day 2, I discovered the game over screen

And in fact, I might actually just reroll rather than doing my first ever reload. Just feels right for the guy to try and get by with his abnormal pain tolerance and a gentle soul deep, deep, deep inside - and find the world just hasn't got time for you.

Deleted Member 16721

I got some bug where I couldn't save the game and pretty much iron manned it to completion. Day 4 I needed to recover my gun and go get Ruby, but getting time to pass so I could recover the gun was haaaard having exhausted most dialog options already. I ended up having to buy the Settlers of Catan-like from the book store and let Kim beat me to pass enough time.

Dudes, use spoiler tags please.

Egosphere

Arcane
Ran into some unbeatable checks. As in, the total roll > target number, check still fails. Bug?

Games is great, up to Day 3. There definitely seems a lot of room for optimisation, since you can do a lot of stuff at 2:00 AM.

Is this by any chance a composure check in the hostel?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, I also missed doing a timed thing on Day 3 and passing the time on Day 4 is a chore. Can't use the benches, I read and even re-read the books from store, had the drunk tell me all his stories...

There should be an option to just sit down on the bench, even when Kim is there.

Welp. Just finished it. I had a lot of energy by the end. There's still a lot I want to see.

-The one time I savescummed was during the fight between the mercs and the union. I didn't have my gun, but I fucked up a ton of 90% checks, and Kim ended up in the hospital, Cuno was in my party. After I reloaded, I managed to save Kim. I'd love to see what going to the final encounter with Cuno is like. Or hell, what actually winning that fight looks like.

-I ended up with a lot of interesting thoughts I couldn't internalize.

-If getting to talk to the mercs besides the one posing as a scab leader is a thing, I never found it, and backed down when I tried to talk to him.

-I found the anomaly, but I'd love to actively pursue more pale related stuff.

I let Klassje go, flat out. My partners at the end were pretty angry.

-Ending was kinda...eh? There was a lot going on, and it all ending at a crazy old man who had nothing to do with anything felt...anticlimactic, I guess, but I guess that's how a lot of these stories go. I probably would be pretty disappointed if I didn't find and talk to the phasmid.

Maybe not flawless, but definitely a worthwhile experience, and I haven't felt this engaged to replay something so quickly in a very long time.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Is this by any chance a composure check in the hostel?

If it is the one I think about... oh boy the amount of minuses you can accumulate. I really hope the game doesn't keep track of all the shit I've done for later use.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
— The VO is uneven, I wasn’t bothered by Gary as much as by the guy with his kid on the boardwalk, that sounded wooden AF.
Yes, should have mentioned that guy. Sounded like he was reading a book, not voice acting a character. Still, I felt like the vast majority of VAs completely nailed their characters so the mediocre/poor examples really stand out.
Your character mentions that the guy talks weird, like an academic that spends more time writing than conversing with people. T'was intentional. This is expanded upon at the end of the game with the other characters who acknowledge how weird he is. Looks like both you and Lithium missed shit.

Your character mentions that the guy talks weird, like an academic that spends more time writing than conversing with people. T'was intentional. This is expanded upon at the end of the game with the other characters who acknowledge how weird he is. Looks like both you and Lithium missed shit.

Honestly, he sounded Finnish to me, and I just assumed that is how Finns talk.

Oh yeah, Another thing:

Volition calling out all your other inner voices for falling for the coochie is one of the best things in the game. Dunno how much I missed, but more of that would have been amazing.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
This totally seems like something someone would say in the period you're shooting for.
You're overanalyzing. It's clear that DE is set in a world where people with views like both Rene AND Kim can exist.
Oh yeah, Another thing:

Volition calling out all your other inner voices for falling for the coochie is one of the best things in the game. Dunno how much I missed, but more of that would have been amazing.
Honest to god, so true. And it was completely right, and it wasn't just my inner voices that fell for coochie...I FELL FOR COOCHIE!
:despair:

Prime Junta

Your character mentions that the guy talks weird, like an academic that spends more time writing than conversing with people.

He sounds like he’s reciting lines from a piece of paper. I’m around autistic academics all the time and they don’t talk like that at all.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
He sounds like he’s reciting lines from a piece of paper. I’m around autistic academics all the time and they don’t talk like that at all.
The character commented on it and the guy had a nice-sounding voice. That was enough for me to buy it, though I can get it if you don't.

Regardless, I think it's interesting how a small point of clarification regarding a point like that or Gary purposefully pronouncing Revachol differently can change how you view a character. At first, I didn't like Cuno. Then, I saw someone here post "FUCK DOES CUNO CARE!", and I immediately did a 180, and think he's great too.

Stompa

Arcane
This game is amazingly well-written, yet the disappointment keeps swelling in me. I bought into the advertising and the shill brigade promises hook, line and sinker, while the actual game doesn't really resemble them. It's small, real small, a focused thing, not even approaching the 60 hours figure thrown around by the developers or the amount of different locations PS:T had (also their words). I wouldn't have expected more if they'd gone and said: "Yes, this is going to be focused in one small district", but they didn't. What it's also not is a good detective game.

It genuinely angers me how amateurishly it railroads you into not finding out the sniper's hideout by yourself. Not only the place for checking the boardwalk hideout is fucked (seriously, you can't check the top of it, but an underground bunker, as vital to the later scene it is, is the last place anyone would think a sniper shot could've come from), but you can't even go check the last potential place for the shot to be made from. It wouldn't be that bad if there was a decent explanation as to why you can't, but Joyce has a yacht RIGHT THERE that she uses to cross that little straight. The hard trigger for the tribunal being finding Ruby and not the passage of time is also a big "Why?" for me. Klaasje figuring out the shot came from the island and explicitly marking the way for you is an ultimate kick in the nuts.

Which is not to say I didn't like the game. Phys+Psyche playthrough with a lot of Shivers and Inland Empire is very interesting to say the least, and makes the final confrontation better, but I can't help but wonder how much better the main quest could've been if it wasn't like this.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Kim is
actually a girl. If you raise the affection points enough, this is revealed. Remember all the little hints about changing name etc.?
Say sike. There's no fucking way...

Remember how he reacts when you tell him that your decision-making has been compromised by the pussay? Not affected by young girls, eh?

True.
Love.
Ending.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom