Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MISTOVER - top-down dungeon RPG with permadeath, from PUBG developer

Reinhardt

Arcane
I guess instead of abandoning current run i'll at least see what happens when doomsday clock reach midnight. On hard to prevent it moving you not only need to finish missions perfectly but also not bring overleveled characters to lower level dungeons. And by "overleveled" i mean 1 lvl higher than dungeon.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So i've sent bunch of new recruits with decent equip to suicide mission trying to rewind the clock. The game even asked me if i'm sure, because they are underleveled and i answered "yes". Unlocked every chest, zero casualties, killed everything even if barely. I.e. perfect run. And it was for nothing. It seems you can't rewind doomsday clock on hard, only stall.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Oh, i see. Devs answered on steam forums -

So, if your crew members level up and get new Jinxs, then your Doomsday Clock runs even if you complete the dungeon with +100%.

Interesting choice...

At least they removed it in new patch.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Killed first boss.
Final verdict - meh.
I'll wait for patches, maybe mods. Too many annoying mechanics, like respawning monsters who don't give exp or loot after first time and exist only to drain your resources in looooong fights. When you heading to exit and the only path is blocked by 3-4 enemy groups and you know you won't get anything from them it really kills motivation.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Killed first boss.
Final verdict - meh.
I'll wait for patches, maybe mods. Too many annoying mechanics, like respawning monsters who don't give exp or loot after first time and exist only to drain your resources in looooong fights. When you heading to exit and the only path is blocked by 3-4 enemy groups and you know you won't get anything from them it really kills motivation.
Thanks for sharing and the info. Was going to buy it but decided not to. Will maybe get it one day when it's very very cheap.

Reinhardt

Arcane
To be fair you CAN avoid monsters with characters map skills. Like shadow can hide and move unnoticed or ronin can charge open spaces, but map skills cost food and you want to fight every monster at the start of the map(doomsday clock) and when you really need those skill in the end of the long mission to avoid respawned monsters you are usually low on food and lose hp every step already.

Well, you can abuse respawning monsters just to heal to full hp and then move between fights while losing hp, but it's still very annoying. Instead of just moving few steps to exit if you are unlucky you have to fight for 10 minutes through monsters who don't even give you exp.

Last edited:

Lord Romulus

Arcane
Played the demo for an hour and a half. Really like the artstyle, it's like etrian odyssey meets darkest dungeon in terms of aesthetics. But the game is too grindy, and has way too many annoying, tedious mechanics and design choices.

Fights take way too long, and you have to clear dungeons, learning new skills is annoying too because you require another member with the same ability to teach it to them. Really a shame because I really do like the character designs.

The art style remind me of anime stuff that's going for an "American" look. They almost always have heavy black shadows. There's a few things I'm reminded of but can't think of the name of; but one thing I can think of is Hiroyuki Imaishi's stuff like Dead Leaves, or his drawings of American comic book characters.

13540353_f520.jpg

33794437420948850715e82751431425.jpg

SpellSword

Novice
It appears that Mistover will no longer be for sale after June 30.

Information Source:
https://playmistover.com/news/151

[Notice] Mistover Service Termination Notice
Hello, this is Aimo speaking.

To everyone who has shown their love and support for Mistover, we regretfully inform you with a heavy heart that the service will be closing as our journey comes to an end.

We first launched Mistover on October 10th, 2019, and we made the difficult decision to close the service for this much-loved game effective June 30th, 2022.

We are deeply grateful to everyone who has used our services and would like to ask for your generous understanding.

■ Service Termination Notice

1. Service Termination Date: June 30th, 2022 (KST)
2. Platforms where the game will no longer be available:
- STEAM
- PlayStation4
- Xbox
- Nintendo Switch
- GOG.com

※ Even after the game no longer becomes available, customers who have already purchased the game will be able to download it.

Once again, we extend our deep gratitude to all the fans of Mistover for their love and support.

Thank you.

From what I've been reading the reason may involve a licencing agreement expiring.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
-

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom