Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fluent Plays Siralim 3

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

This game is fucking excellent.

First I'll copy what I wrote in the mobile RPGs thread.

You can use a group of up to 6 monsters, each with a unique trait. You can also equip them with an artifact and spells in the form of gems, and they level up, grow and can even be bred. There's a lot of turn-based combat and it's a bit grindy but in a fun way.

My favorite aspect is the party building. So far, my group is:

A Paladin type that deals good damage and can cast magic, and when hit gains a random buff.
A scout type who can do decent damage and has great speed.
A troll that hits like a truck.
A forest spirit that auto raises speed of the group after each round.
A kobold bruiser with a hammer that hits multiple enemies.
A unicorn that upon attacking has a 50% chance to raise a dead ally. (Your group members may die a lot but they are auto healed after battle.)

You can catch over 700 monsters and breed even more. It's a lot of fun putting together an interesting group that has synergy and chemistry. Tough boss battles and lots of loot to find too. You also level up your main character who doesn't fight but gets perks to help the group and can be one of 5 class types.

I'll add that the game throws clever monster parties at you as well. You'll have to use some strategy to take them down. There's magic and you can craft unique items, and you can gain favor of the gods to purchase powerful items. The game also has tons of high levele endgame content and boasts you can play it forever with procedural gen levels and radiant quests.

I really wanted to bring this one to your attention because I couldn't find a thread for it in General RPG. Check it out, it's really good!

Deleted Member 16721

Just saw the trailer, looks nice.

It convinced me to get it, and it turned out to be a great purchase. :)

i just saw first steam review. 1195,6h and a first sentence is "This game is so addictive"

Yeah, the game is quite addictive. According to the devs you can easily play it for thousands of hours if you want to. There's a ton of good endgame content apparently. Pretty crazy stats!

The Red Knight

Erudite
Can you address the issue mentioned in the negative reviews that breeding was nerfed to oblivion compared to S2 (like for making favourite-but-weak monsters viable throughout the game)?

Also, did the dev patch in randomized monster pools option from the first game so different playthroughs don't feel samey?

Deleted Member 16721

Can you address the issue mentioned in the negative reviews that breeding was nerfed to oblivion compared to S2 (like for making favourite-but-weak monsters viable throughout the game)?

Also, did the dev patch in randomized monster pools option from the first game so different playthroughs don't feel samey?

Hey Red. :) I have no idea about breeding, I haven't unlocked that yet. However, so far (about 4 hours in) it appears you can use any party composition as long as you achieve a decent level of synergy with them. It's all about the passive trait a monster has that you can combine with other members of your group to form a cohesive party. It's really neat.

I'm also not sure about randomized groups. They appear random to me but I could be wrong. I know that they vary greatly and the groups do not get repetitive so far. You only have about 3 floors of each dungeon before you go to the next area with all new monsters.

The Red Knight

Erudite
I'm also not sure about randomized groups. They appear random to me but I could be wrong. I know that they vary greatly and the groups do not get repetitive so far. You only have about 3 floors of each dungeon before you go to the next area with all new monsters.
It was a setting for the new game to make monsters types you encounter completely random so you could meet on first levels monsters that normally would be encounterable in, say, mid game, or normally were a result of some advanced upgrade/breeding (I think). They were at proper levels for where they were encountered so it wasn't completely unbalanced but you could encounter some unexpected nasty combinations of monster abilities in the wild that way.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I was playing this a fair bit right when it came out and was still screwing around with basic mechanics. I should pick it back up, I loved Siralim 2, and 3 was getting steadily better as he polished it.
I dunno if it's been changed since then, but back when I was playing although breeding was nerfed in quite a few ways, there were other mechanics for making individual monsters arbitrarily strong, so if you've got a favourite you can totally lean on it.

My main gripe with it would be a bug that has since been fixed that was making discovery of new monsters painfully slow, and the breeding system being less intuitive (the first game had a lot of logical combos like combining a giant wielding a tower as a club and a rocky giant wielding a tree as a club into some super golem giant) but it's got an insane amount of content and there's a million ways to make a strong team and no real limit to how strong your enemies can get.

Deleted Member 16721

For example, I think I will stick with my current party unless a new monster trait really blows me away. It's also easy for new monsters to catch up in level with the rest of your party, so you are free to experiment. I'll report more when breeding gets unlocked. I just got a castle enchanter in my last session.

I am thinking of replacing the Valkyrie Scout. Her best aspect is speed but with the Forest Spirit I get speed up every turn anyway. Might go for a magic user or another buff monster, like this token looking monster that while alive buffs attack for the whole group by 50%.

The Red Knight , you can certainly encounter some nasty random groups on early levels. I fought a few groups I lost to already, not counting boss fights. You get automatically teleported back to the castle so you don't actually die.

Beastro

Arcane
You can use a group of up to 6 monsters, each with a unique trait.....and can even be bred.

I misread "monsters" as "members" and wondered wtf kinda weird Japanese games you were getting into, Fluent.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

Nope, it's a monster collector RPG. Later in the game random encounters start to pose a challenge themselves. Groups use their synergy as well. Some groups can be a tough nut to crack. I use the Unicorn Vivifier for that reason. When a party member goes down, the Vivifier has a 50% chance to resurrect a dead companion. Very valuable team member.

Damned Registrations

The synergies are where it's really at later on. A particular tribe of monsters might have a dozen members all built around a theme; like phoenixes all do things when monsters are revived. One might revive the whole team if anyone is revived, another might damage the enemy team when anything is revived, another might grant everyone on your team a shield when someone is revived. Then you throw in a spell that kills and instantly resurrects an ally (which is also useful for dispelling status effects, or triggering on death effects, etc.) and craziness ensues. A team consists of 6 monsters each with a trait and an item that can be equipped on anyone that also grants any trait a monster can have. You can squeeze a few more traits in with endgame stuff, but you can imagine how insane this shit gets.

The really degenerate stuff can win a 'normal' fight before anyone on either side even takes a turn. But then there are traits that disable certain enemy traits, and there are places to go where some traits don't work or enemies have special properties like auto reviving once or something.

Deleted Member 16721

Yeah, the synergies are awesome. I always look forward to finding new monsters so I can see how they could possibly fit into my group. I'm a little light on magic but haven't really found many great attack spell gems yet. Another support creature in an option.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Looks like Dragon Warrior Monsters, one of my favorite games of all time

Does it have multiplayer

Damned Registrations

Does it have multiplayer
Kinda but not really. Theres a place you can go to pit your team against other people's teams controlled by AI, along with some stuff being banned for the sake of balance. It's not in real time but it does attach a code to each team so you can fight a particular team if you so desire.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter

Does it have multiplayer
Kinda but not really. Theres a place you can go to pit your team against other people's teams controlled by AI, along with some stuff being banned for the sake of balance. It's not in real time but it does attach a code to each team so you can fight a particular team if you so desire.
Bummer I guess it's better than nothing, abilities actually look pretty good as well, more in depth than dragon warrior monsters was, because every monster in dwm could get any ability

Deleted Member 16721

Bummer I guess it's better than nothing, abilities actually look pretty good as well, more in depth than dragon warrior monsters was, because every monster in dwm could get any ability

Each of the over 700 monsters in Siralim 3 has a unique trait, plus you can equip them with an artifact and 3 spell gems. You can make some really great combinations and develop interesting strategies and synergies with all the options available.

Damned Registrations

You can equip them with a lot more than 3 spells using certain traits, and there are even spells and traits that temporarily grant additional random spells.

You also select a class for your main character at the begining, which confers various passives as you level it up, like additional spell slots on monsters or the ability to overheal monsters to create a damage barrier.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I almost prefer this system over dwm because once you got high level with the breeding every monster had mostly the same abilities, this is the right way to do it to make each monster more important, now we just have to harass the dev to add real multiplayer and we're set

Damned Registrations

The thing I do like in dwm games though is the breeding higher tiers of monsters. It's actually quite methodical once you figure it out and it's satisfying putting all the pieces together to make stronger and stronger monsters. At least until the system breaks down and starts making crappier monsters with technically higher ranks.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Right and once you got to +30 then pretty much every monster could get 999s pretty easily, except for the shitty plants and absolute garbage at the start of the game, that was the flaw in that game limiting stats to 999

How in this day and age can you release a monster training and breeding game and not add multiplayer

Also how did fluent find this game

Deleted Member 16721

Also how did fluent find this game

I've always known about the series but when I saw it was available on Android I had to try it. Glad I did, multiplayer or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom