Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
why would I need to make an alt to win arguments, my points stand for themselves, you were sold a 30 hour game as a 90 hour completionist game, that should be a red flag for you regardless of your enthusiasm for the game

also in a setting where you can collect bottles to sell as a hobocop, is it really that farfetched to allow the player to sleep outside and disregard the bill

so much for all the choices the game claimed to offer, and that's fine, just dont offer the gaming community the world then turn up short and look like a swindler

as a counterpoint to this the outer worlds will probably be 100 hours completionist run and you dont see obsidian claiming that it's groundbreaking and will change how rpgs function, they are actively downplaying it saying it's double aa, and I strongly believe they will show up with something at least the size of new vegas

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
why would I need to make an alt to win arguments, my points stand for themselves, you were sold a 30 hour game as a 90 hour completionist game, that should be a red flag for you regardless of your enthusiasm for the game
I agree with your second point, but this one is pure retardation. Every game dev in the history of games has failed miserably at estimating the completion time for his game. Remember when Cleve said Grimoire was a 600 hour experience?

Mortmal

Arcane
How the fuck am I supposed to pass the Shiver check

To find Ruby in the abandoned house? I checked the murial, and i need a crazy shiver check., I got 4 shiver.. and its 3 %??? fuck me.. help

Explore the island. Be in tune with it. Do things on it

I did all that shit, doesnt work, how much more do I seriousl need to do? I've done most stuff
Only way is booze as it adds to physical check, and stack clothes with + shiver....

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I agree with your second point, but this one is pure retardation. Every game dev in the history of games has failed miserably at estimating the completion time for his game. Remember when Cleve said Grimoire was a 600 hour experience?

I didnt see obsidian lying about the length of new vegas, we played it ourselves and can contest that it was 100 hours, everyone says the game is 30 hours, and it is, the devs knew this and blew it up as the second coming of Christ when it's just a bunch of words

tripedal

Augur
I finally got to THAT shivers check,
then it turned out to be useless because I immediately found a different entrance? Or do you only get to see that one by passing the check?

vota DC

Augur
Well, it is a great game, but a bit short at 20-30 hours - unless you want to replay with a different build and act like a crazy mofo.
20-30 hours are not so bad. And I thought that playing with different builds was supposed to provide completely different outcomes so replays are welcome etc
It's pretty bad for an RPG, but about average for a modern adventure game (sadly).

30 hours for an rpg are ok. Also in what world did adventure games average 30 hours, ever?
I can assure you that in the original case of the secret of Monkey Island it is written exactly 30 hours. I had trouble pulling totem nose.

Tigranes

Arcane
I said before release that I don't believe ZA/UM's talk about play length. I haven't finished the game yet, but I still don't.

That said, the fixation with game length in general is moronic. Are you gonna buy it if it's 30 hours but not if it's 20 hours? Do you care about pacing and quality or just the biggest pile of whatever? Almost as pointless as "x million words".

Tolias

Educated
So I'm close to wrapping up the first day, however after we go to the balcony with Kim and start talking, if I use (2. How do you think today went?) the dialogue box disappears and I can only restart it by going in and clicking on my door again... is there some way to unfuck this?

Jinx1337

Novice
So, no one with the 'lack of skill point on level up' bug?

Welp, pasted my initial post on the TIG forums where the devs lurk just in case.
See you in another 11 years, folks.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck that tribunal is the worst part of the fucking game,really want beat the shit out of those faggots in zaum!!! It is bugged in more than one way,it is railroaded,it has not diplomacy way to pass through and on top of that the games goes full retard once you try to reload because it doesn't know if the scene is going on or is it the regular load of sprites. The whole shit is infuriating!!!

Parabalus

Arcane
How missable is the helmet?

I got the others on early d3, but no lead on this one.
Is there any point to using that armor if you have high PHY? I'm guessing they all give bonuses to it and its related skills.

Psure none of these 3 give red bonuses.
What do they give though?

Gloves interface, boots composure and armor not 100% sure, I think authority.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How missable is the helmet?

I got the others on early d3, but no lead on this one.
Is there any point to using that armor if you have high PHY? I'm guessing they all give bonuses to it and its related skills.

Psure none of these 3 give red bonuses.
What do they give though?

Gloves interface, boots composure and armor not 100% sure, I think authority.
The cuirass gives +1 to Physical Instrument (and +1 to Volition, but -1 to Empathy), the boots actually lower Composure by 1, but give +2 to Authority.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Fuck that tribunal is the worst part of the fucking game,really want beat the shit out of those faggots in zaum!!! It is bugged in more than one way,it is railroaded,it has not diplomacy way to pass through and on top of that the games goes full retard once you try to reload because it doesn't know if the scene is going on or is it the regular load of sprites. The whole shit is infuriating!!!

I just passed it.

Kim is alive but 4 Hardies are dead.

vota DC

Augur
How the fuck am I supposed to pass the Shiver check

To find Ruby in the abandoned house? I checked the murial, and i need a crazy shiver check., I got 4 shiver.. and its 3 %??? fuck me.. help

You can equip different clothes that raise shivers, at least +2 in the starting location.

Silva

Arcane
How does this stack against Stygian in C&C factor alone? Are it's quests doable through myriad ways based on the different stats/skills you bring and choices you pick?
More subtly in comparison. Stygian follows the FO1 blueprint, whereas Disco Elysium's skills/character building more determine your internal monologue. This opens up different checks and different perspectives, some of which can majorly change the way you view characters and the story, but at the same time there is a degree of railroading and checks you need to pass to continue.

It's not pyrotechnic c and c, but I would say it is impactful in a different way from virtually any other roleplaying game. It reminds me a little of how that Call of Cthulhu game tried to adapt the pen and paper skills, where you can see different things in the environment and interact with the world in different ways, but much more fleshed out.
Cool. It's more Planescape then Fallouts/Arcanum then. I'll check it out, thanks.

tripedal

Augur

I was wondering about that, how railroaded is it exactly? Is there really no way to get out of it without any deaths?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom