Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BG3 and NWN2 in next PC Gamer

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Atari; Baldur's Gate III (Atari)

The rumors about PC Gamer scoring exclusive previews of <b>Baldur's Gate 3</b> and <b>Neverwinter Nights 2</b> were just confirmed by this <a href=http://home.comcast.net/~stesergio/pcgamer.html>scan</a>. Looks like <b>Grok</b>, the <a href=http://us.atari.com/>Atari</a> PR rep, <a href=http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3970&start=0>was right</a> after all, BG3 and NWN 2 are on the horizon.
<br>

<br>
<blockquote>This year marks the 30th anniversary of Dungeons & Dragons, the roleplaying game that made many of us gamers in the first place. To celebrate, we've scored exclusive first looks at NEVERWINTER NIGHTS 2, D&D ONLINE, the D&D RTS, and BALDUR'S GATE 3.
<br>
Needless to say, this is the only place you'll find previews of these highly anticipated D&D games plus an in-depth retrospective of D&D on the PC</blockquote>
<br>
Well, just about time. We need some new games to bitch about :)
<br>

Deathy

Liturgist
I don't know, PC Gamer could just be talking out of their collective asses as usual.

Even if all this is true is comes out flat compared to last weeks revelation... it's gonna take a long time... before I can... *cries*

Jarinor

Liturgist
Crazy Baseless Theory #1: Maybe Bethesda bought the rights to those as well, and are using Fallout as a smokescreen!

Crazy Baseless Theory #2: Interplay secretly completed development on Baldur's Gate 3, using all the other crap as a smokescreen, and it's ready to ship right now. Bioware also made NWN2 on the sly for no particular reason.

Crazy Baseless Theory #3: The gnomes that made the carpenter's shoes have modernised and are making BG3 and NWN2 for company/companies unknown, and they don't have a fucking clue what is going on but are more than happy to cash in. Unbeknownst to them, the gnomes are making the games really poorly.

Bobbin

Novice
FO3, BG3... what will next week bring? Wasteland 2 by Troika? Arcanum 2? Glory days ahead :)

RGE

Liturgist
Perhaps someone figured that there would be enough Forgotten Realms fans out there to make NWN 2 a viable project despite Dragon Age? As for who'd be working on either game, perhaps it's all new people? After all, the generic FR-lover will probably suck up any new FR-RPG they can get their hands on. Right? ;)

Ausir

Arcane
It's not in development yet. They're going to make it after they finish Bard's Tale.

simmschn

Educated
Patron
After the Bethesda surpise, I expect Troika to develop NWN2 and BG3 is probably created by Spiderweb. :)

Ausir

Arcane
Given how Bard's Tale is a crappy BGDA clone, I wouldn't look forward to Wasteland 2 too much. As for NWN22 and BG2, I don't see BioWare making it if they're making Dragon Age and cooperating with CD Projekt on The Witcher and with Obsidian on KotOR2... By the way, it's actually NWN 3, as the first NWN was the 1991 one by Stormfront:
http://www.rpgcodex.com/gamedetails.php?id=265

Ausir

Arcane
It probably won't be called Wasteland 2, just like their BT isn't Bard's Tale 4.

Ausir

Arcane
IF they are involved, Baldur's Gate sounds more likely - they might reuse the Jefferson story.

Araanor

Liturgist
Using anything from Jefferson would require going by Interplay, I would think.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Considering Beth bought the Fallout franchise and got the Van Buren code with it, I don't see how Atari (as it has to be due to publishing reasons) couldn't buy or GET the Jeffy code in some sort of shady deal - and then offer it to Obsidian, as they're probably pretty cheap thus far and have experience with the setting and engine.

Is there even a remote possibility Obsidian will work on an original property. Surely they will have the resources after kotor 2.

deadlus

Novice
Can't they just forget about FR games? Please god, let Obsidian work on something original after KOTOR2.

Nightjed

Liturgist
meh, whats so good about FR ? its the most boring (and overused) setting, darksun, planetscape(you could even mix planetscape with FR if they want their drows that much) and even spelljammer are much better, and i want my psychic warrior -_- why do they always forget about the psychic powers ? -_-

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom