Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is your favourite traditional D&D class?

What is your favourite traditional D&D class?

• Total voters

Fairfax

Arcane
This came up in the shoutbox, and there seems to be no other poll on the subject. :M

Delterius

Arcane
Wizards are the thermometer by which D&Dlikes are measured. Can you rest all the time? Therefore wizard is faceroll and so is the game. Is the spellbook vast, funky and full of broken shit you ration through a long adventure without long rests? GOTY award.

I also support the exclusion of sorcerers from this list because they are chad wizards and it triggers me.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
piracy.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Poll should have assassin (Supplement II: Blackmoor from 1975 and AD&D 1st edition Players Handbook from 1978) rather than barbarian (Unearthed Arcana from 1985). :rpgcodex:

Fairfax

Arcane
In 1st Edition D&D (which I assume this poll is about), Rangers being able to dual-wield was a big deal, and the LARP was fun.
It's about the traditional classes/archetypes in general (that appear in almost all editions, etc.), not necessarily old school editions.

Poll should have assassin (Supplement II: Blackmoor from 1975 and AD&D 1st edition Players Handbook from 1978) rather than barbarian (Unearthed Arcana from 1985). :rpgcodex:
Barbarian has a storied history and later became a base class. Assassin is in the same tier as Illusionist (which I love) and Cavalier. Adding them would've split the votes with little benefit. :M

catfood

AGAIN
Wizards are the thermometer by which D&Dlikes are measured. Can you rest all the time? Therefore wizard is faceroll and so is the game. Is the spellbook vast, funky and full of broken shit you ration through a long adventure without long rests? GOTY award.

I also support the exclusion of sorcerers from this list because they are chad wizards and it triggers me.
They're called magic-users, you philistine. You know, to differentiate them from clerics.

nikolokolus

Arcane
1st ed. A&D Monk was a weird, squishy shit sack at low levels, but if you could dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge your way to about 6-7th level they really turned into a helluva lot of fun.

Cael

Arcane
Psion (Elocater). But not one of the choices, unfortunately.

Sorcerer is also not one of the choices.

Have to go with Druid, in that case. I suppose having a big bear around to eat fucktards for breakfast can be fun...

deuxhero

Arcane
If the kits 3E promoted to base classes are traditional, so is artificer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom