Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Prime Junta

By definition, if you're spending resources on one aspect (aka fleshing out minor gameplay elements like prostitutes), you have less to spend on other facets. So either they budgeted for careful respectful street walkers or they're spending time and resources on those instead of something else. It's not about it being more expensive.

It doesn't take much longer to write "I am woke self-employed tax-paying sex worker, hire me for $100" than "I'll blow you for $20, I need my fix."

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Yeah, never could see the point of this kind of reasoning from ideologues who also happen to be game writers. Only write sunshine and rainbows about any class they feel is marginalized/oppressed.

Hannah (the prostitute from the pestilence questline) dying was IMO one of the most emotionally impacting character deaths in a game (which is how you know it's good characterization). It was harsh and sad but that was par for the course given type of quest it was, part of Bloodlines charm was not shying away from depicting some of the worst of society's underbelly (sprinkled with fantasy elements of the settings obviously).

Generally speaking, Bloodlines has some of the most stellar writing and characterization for female NPCs you're ever gonna see in the gaming industry. i sincerely doubt the sequel is gonna measure up in that regard, instead we'll get boring woke cliches, meh.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Yeah, never could see the point of this kind of reasoning from ideologues who also happen to be game writers. Only write sunshine and rainbows about any class they feel is marginalized/oppressed.

Hannah (the prostitute from the pestilence questline) dying was IMO one of the most emotionally impacting character deaths in a game (which is how you know it's good characterization). It was harsh and sad but that was par for the course given type of quest it was, part of Bloodlines charm was not shying away from depicting some of the worst of society's underbelly (sprinkled with fantasy elements of the settings obviously).

Generally speaking, Bloodlines has some of the most stellar writing and characterization for female NPCs you're ever gonna see in the gaming industry. i sincerely doubt the sequel is gonna measure up in that regard, instead we'll get boring woke cliches, meh.

Unfortunately, this. If this Ellison creature fails to see the pestilence quest for what it is, she has no business in writing... pretty much anything.

just

Liturgist
at least 3 times higher wages then my place and they get it for 5€.
50€ is the cheapest i can get and i have to haggle and beg old whores everytime god damn it and our country drug control
life isn't fair

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That's kinda sad.

Anyway, the thing that irks me the most about SJWism is the blatant hypocrisy, and one of the things I hate most is hypocrisy. "Cara", or whatever her name was, and the other writers of this game don't care about "sex workers" and their "struggles and safety", if they did they'd give a % of the earnings of this game to a charity that benefits them. It's just a cheap way to appear virtuous, not only do they get positive PR but it's also free, if there's anything SJWism has been able to achieve is to enable this sort of weaseling. Big companies get to have their cake and eat it too.

Prime Junta

if they did they'd give a % of the earnings of this game to a charity

This is one of the most gigantically bullshit shitlib centrist non-arguments ever.

Voluntary donations to charities do NOTHING. Their only function is to salve the consciences of >= middle-class liberals. They're the modern-day equivalent of indulgences.

Shame Lacrymas, I thought you were wiser than that.

Lacrymas

Arcane
What do you propose they do then? Also citation needed I guess. Charities are band-aids, sure, but not having any effect whatsoever? Seems like a stretch. And by "charity" I also mean political campaigns for sex worker unions or whatever protections they need to get from the government.

Vatnik Wumao
What do you propose they do then? Also citation needed I guess. Charities are band-aids, sure, but not having any effect whatsoever? Seems like a stretch. And by "charity" I also mean political campaigns for sex worker unions or whatever protections they need to get from the government.
They do nothing in that regard and instead focus on their job which is to design proper games.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I meant it in the hypothetical scenario of them actually caring enough about "sex workers" to do something about it and not only "depict them respectfully", which is worse than doing nothing because if what they say is true (dangerous conditions, forceful prostitution, etc.) it's outright exploitation for profit.

Nines_Anarch

Learned
2-pst010harlot.jpg

J1M

Arcane
She could find a prostitute and offer her room and board at her own home. Shortly, her misguided notions will be dispelled.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"If they're not sending money to charities they must not care about that issue"
Because everyone else who cares about an issue always sends money to it, right? Like you, for example? :roll:

Anyway, I didn't come here to post about that, I'm just trying to figure out how many different pairs of these gloves the guy has. I thought he had, like, had one pair he wore sometimes.

73117216_536906027147449_5453201782526181376_o.jpg

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm just trying to figure out how many different pairs of these gloves the guy has. I thought he had, like, had one pair he wore sometimes.
Just when I did the :mitsodafist:, the guy goes ahead and proves himself unpredictable, as if to spite me. :argh:

Note that the vampirefag LARPing is generalized too: they're drinking out of blood bags.

Shows real commitment to the role.
J0FD3MW.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I'm just trying to figure out how many different pairs of these gloves the guy has. I thought he had, like, had one pair he wore sometimes.
Just when I did the :mitsodafist:, the guy goes ahead and proves himself unpredictable, as if to spite me. :argh:

Note that the vampirefag LARPing is generalized too: they're drinking out of blood bags.

Shows real commitment to the role.
RhhQDGa.png

Fix it for you mate.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Pfff

You guys are just jealous of his stylized and distinctive look. He wears the freshest clothes, and looks matured with that grey hair and goatee. Y'all are pathetic.

:butthurt:
Hello Mitsoda,please write us a good transgender gay romance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom