Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

Sentinel

Arcane
Are there any MotB UI mods for high resolutions? The game is unplayable cause the text is like 10pp, cant see shit.

Play at 1080p. It's not like the texture are high-res enough for it to look any better at higher resolutions.
I hate playing at anything that isn't native res. Everything looks extra blurry.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I hate playing at anything that isn't native res. Everything looks extra blurry.
This is really your fault for buying a screen with a higher resolution than 1080p. Old games are gonna get blurrier and/or the font will get smaller.

Sentinel

Arcane
Indeed it is my fault that technology keeps moving forward. Really, what was I thinking?
Have you considered buying a smaller screen for old games? Maybe a CRT, even.
I have my old CRT still. Can't be fucked digging it up for one game. Not only is it heavy as shit but it occupies 30% of my desk. Plus I'd have to go look for a VGA cable and an adapter for my GPU.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Are there any MotB UI mods for high resolutions? The game is unplayable cause the text is like 10pp, cant see shit.

Play at 1080p. It's not like the texture are high-res enough for it to look any better at higher resolutions.
If you have an nvidia card, you could try playing around with the integer scaling mode they introduced recently.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Ziets Ravenloft cRPG when?

The original Ravenloft module was fantastic in its limited scope and possibility, does it take a GM to bring out the full experience though? Strahd's story and his fall, which is shown mainly through the exploration of castle ravenloft, really would serve as an excellent gateway to the demiplane of dread.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Just like the Outer Worlds, we don't need more gay in our games, we need less.

And apparently, the gay in the Outer Worlds is just added as "flavor" text.

Hey, game devs, I don't need your "dick taste flavor".

Knock it off.

Zep--

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
G Ziets Hello, George.

First off, congrats with your new game studio, looking forward to more news from you guys :)

I wanted to ask you about WL3. Are you satisfied with your work on WL3 and how the project turned out?

Obviously, you can't really spoil anything I know, but I am a huge fan of yours, so I am naturally very curious about how you feel you left that project, and how the coming release will be in 2020, would love your thoughts, and what you think the team did different from WL2, and why it was better.

Thanks! :)

The Red Knight

Erudite
https://www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter2/mods/81
Is this one not enough? It's easy to edit mod's files to further alter window sizes (I did so to squeeze them into a smaller resolution) and it seems at a quick glance that font sizes are all defined in a single file so changing them should be easy too. If the upscaling makes UI backgrounds uglier you could try first upscaling the mod's images with some graphics program with a better algorithm.

ksaun

Arcane
Developer
What the...

Are you involved with Digimancy also, Kevin?

I'm significantly involved with Digimancy Entertainment, but only in an unofficial and informal capacity; I’m not a founder.

It would be true to say that I'm committed to my current project and have no intention of leaving my current team. But loyalty to my employer isn’t what precluded me from being formally involved in Digimancy -- I would have been a third founder after-hours save some personal circumstances that aren’t relevant to this thread.

Suffice it to say that (of course!) I fully endorse Digimancy and am doing my small part to help maximize their success and the quality of their games.

G Ziets

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
G Ziets Hello, George.

First off, congrats with your new game studio, looking forward to more news from you guys :)

I wanted to ask you about WL3. Are you satisfied with your work on WL3 and how the project turned out?

Obviously, you can't really spoil anything I know, but I am a huge fan of yours, so I am naturally very curious about how you feel you left that project, and how the coming release will be in 2020, would love your thoughts, and what you think the team did different from WL2, and why it was better.

Thanks! :)

Thanks Daedalos! Legally, I’m not able to say anything about WL3 because I don’t work for InXile/Microsoft anymore (but ask me again after the game comes out, and I can tell you what I think we did best).

G Ziets

Let me start by saying I absolutely LOVE Mask of the Betrayer. I rate it way higher than Planescape Torment on my story-centric RPG scale. I am much more fond of your style than Chris Avellone
But hey, both of you have not delivered the magnum opus tier works in the last decade or so, hence the jury is out and I am somewhat prepared for butthurt.

Please do not include bisexuals, homosexuals, trannies and other assorted degeneracy in your game just for the sake of the diversity quota.
If you do; make sure that they are like that hagspawn spirit shaman in MoTB.
All I am saying is if there is deviant degeneracy, make it subtle and tasteful.

Sentinel

Arcane
Ignore the above posts and the ones below too. Just make sure you're the director, sole writer and lead designer on your next project, please.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom