Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Mojobeard

Augur
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorldsWindows10_hv3d7yfbgr2rp\LocalCache\Local\Indiana\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
If anyone wants their game to look less blurry, go to that location and add these lines to Engine.ini,
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
r.Tonemapper.Quality=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=0
They disable TAA (which ruins things like hair), Chromatic Aberration (that color thing which gives you a headache), and Depth of Field (this isn't a PS3 game).

EDIT: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-leonard-boyarsky.130421/page-35#post-6376586 do this instead

3) Framerate is maybe a bit sluggish on my GTX 970 on Ultra, but eh.
Anything past High these days is for 4k monitors. You do not need 8k shadow textures on a 1080p monitor.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Gee the game is pretty bad. My character can do anything it is mind numbing and trivial even borderlands is more of an RPG than this. All of the henchman are annoying and the dialogue is severely limited (one of my henchmen cannot decide if it is a faggot or a faggot who is also an incel high brow writing for intelligent human beings).

Mass Effect Andromeda is one thousand times better than this game.
It is so sad,fuck i agree with you. That garbage andromeda is maybe better than this boring shit.

Btw what diff. are ya'll playing on? I'm on Hard and I've been blasting away the early-game marauders p. easily. Well, since I found the assault rifle that is. I hope this game isn't gonna be a complete faceroll all the way through even on Hard coz Supernova seems completely retarded with the single saving spot.
I played on hard but gone down to medium because of the loading screen bug. For me the sniper is the best.

just steal everything and then tell them to fuck off with persuasion check of 10.
Yeah that stupidity too. It is kind of beneficial to steal shit in front of people so you get 150 xp for the dialogue check.

Also i haven't seen a good looking woman still!

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I've been enjoying the game alot, it really has alot of stuff I like.

Good music/score and cool sound and weapons are cool and varied
Worldbuilding seems cool and environment is great and the art, eventho its highly stylized

Yeah the balance is definitely not very good. I can get all skillchecks and I blast everybody away on Hard difficulty like no tomorrow. Kind of sad.
Kind of feel like I can get everything already at this early stage in the game, because the game literally showers you with loot.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
What you talking about. You can make cute asian waifus in the game :P]

You are an NPC shill to even say this. Yeah you CAN create one if you use one of the two settings for hair that is past the women's ear level and you meticulously work the sliders to beat the dog fucking ugly out of the system that is thoroughly baked in. If you give this game even 1 dollar you implicitly acknowledge you accept this propaganda and want a future filled with mud colored androgynous cretins sort of like we are quickly hurtling towards IRL because, (((reasons))).

Here is a quick montage I threw together of the absolutely random character faces for biological females. These are not cherry picked. I just clicked at random a few times and screencapped the faces. I present to you, "Your Future" according to the soyboy faggots and danger haired fatties at Obsidian. Vote with your dollars, or this never ends.

kE4st4c.png

Last edited:

Allyriadil

Educated
So they include beards for females to appeal to 0.005% of the population but not any feminine options that most people want to have? What the fuck is this. The males look like shit too urgh.

Terenty

Liturgist

You are an NPC shill to even say this. Yeah you CAN create one if you use one of the two settings for hair that is past the women's ear level and you meticulously work the sliders to beat the dog fucking ugly out of the system that is thoroughly baked in. If you give this game even 1 dollar you implicitly acknowledge you accept this propaganda and want a future filled with mud colored androgynous cretins sort of like we are quickly hurtling towards IRL because, (((reasons))).

Here is a quick montage I threw together of the absolutely random character faces for biological females. These are not cherry picked. I just clicked at random a few times and screencapped the faces. I present to you, "Your Future" according to the soyboy faggots and danger haired fatties at Obsidian. Vote with your dollars, or this never ends.

kE4st4c.png

Are these pre and post transition pics ?

Every male mug in this game looks like a serial rapist for some reason too

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What the fuck is this.
This is Obsidian 2019.

They probably didn't include more hairs because they decided they have better things to spend budget on, but the beards kind of remind me of how Josh intentionally let male and female portraits to be accessible to both genders in PoE. maybe it's some kind of policy for them?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorldsWindows10_hv3d7yfbgr2rp\LocalCache\Local\Indiana\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
If anyone wants their game to look less blurry, go to that location and add these lines to Engine.ini,
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
r.Tonemapper.Quality=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=0
They disable TAA (which ruins things like hair), Chromatic Aberration (that color thing which gives you a headache), and Depth of Field (this isn't a PS3 game).

Either this doesn't work or it didn't help much. Distant objects are still blurry. Looks so bad aargh.

EDIT: fake news Mojobeard, this is what you gotta do: https://errorfixer.co/fix-the-outer-worlds-game-looks-blurry-disable-taa-dof/

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So if it's not open world, is it a world map with multiple town and dungeon locations, or interconnected zones like Borderlands, or what?
It's basically the ME: Andromeda structure, except the planets are way smaller since they're tuned for walking only, not for driving/flying.

Generic-Giant-Spider

kE4st4c.png

I do not exaggerate when I say this, but I've seen cuter police composite sketches.

Prime Junta

Man the moral choices this faces you with. Should I side with the sweet granny who's in charge of an autonomous collective of free workers all of whom love her, or the corporate brainwashy bureaucrat who wants to starve them into submission? Tough one.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
So if it's not open world, is it a world map with multiple town and dungeon locations, or interconnected zones like Borderlands, or what?
It's New Vegas + The Sith Lords if you want a basic idea of what they were going for gameplay wise. Not far enough in to comment on the writing, but c&c is here in spades and the humour is very Fallout 1.

Has a bit of that Arcanum/Vampire jank too, in both a good & bad way
rating_lulz.gif

Cainarsky Bros®

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Man the moral choices this faces you with. Should I side with the sweet granny who's in charge of an autonomous collective of free workers all of whom love her, or the corporate brainwashy bureaucrat who wants to starve them into submission? Tough one.

Yep, cos the choice only effects those two characters, and even then the two characters have more to them. I didn't think you were a shallow thinker :P

:updatedmytxt:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Btw what diff. are ya'll playing on? I'm on Hard and I've been blasting away the early-game marauders p. easily. Well, since I found the assault rifle that is. I hope this game isn't gonna be a complete faceroll all the way through even on Hard coz Supernova seems completely retarded with the single saving spot.

I'm still on Supernova. I considered going down in difficulty because of the companions, how easy they die. But found a sniper rifle for the girl, and now keep her on overwatch. She hasn't died yet, and she is also a crack shot, taking out dudes to the left and right. She went from suicidal candidate number one to murder machine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom