Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

Ivan

Arcane
A good opportunity to re-market/brand it then.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
A good opportunity to re-market/brand it then.

This series won't be "done" for a long ass time. They add monthly stuff and once Hitman 3 eventually comes out all the 1 and 2 stuff will be ported over and still see new content added. The Gold Edition includes all the maps, which is all that matters.

Ivan

Arcane
The new maps are done, no? I thought only 2 were planned (Bank and Resort). If so, this would be a good time to re-advertise it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The new maps are done, no? I thought only 2 were planned (Bank and Resort). If so, this would be a good time to re-advertise it.

I guess they could relabel the Gold Edition the "Game of the Year Edition" but it would literally be the same exact thing.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Buy here if you want IOI to have bigger cut and give less to Valve...

I'd be a lot more persuaded by this argument if the games were DRM free. I've bought indie titles from their own websites sometimes, when I could just download an installer and back it up and never have to worry about that store/website being accessible again. Otherwise it just seems like too big a risk and/or pain in the ass.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
My brother bought the Hitman 2016 pack to keep himself occupied with something singleplayer while abroad only to discover that nothing can be unlocked while in offline mode. Why they decided to keep this retarded business model is beyond me.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So how is the expansion? Doesn't seem worth full price. Sniper maps are useless, and there are only 2 real maps.

I finally get back to this game again after upgrading my PC (mumbai just raped my old PC, ironic cos all the rapes happening in India is happening digitally too)

Are they still adding content or that's it for the big maps? I think there is patient 0 style level overhaul too.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Bought this game for 25 bucks and have been having a blast. The legacy missions are much better on the new engine as well with the new mechanics being backported like hiding in foliage, crowds, and camera alerts. If it wasn't for the service model I think this would be universally recognized as one of the best Hitman games.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So how is the expansion? Doesn't seem worth full price. Sniper maps are useless, and there are only 2 real maps.

The new maps are good, but yeah that's all that's worth getting the expansion for. $10 a piece is a good price and was the normal price for a map in Hitman 2016. Get the expansion pass for $20 and you'll be happy. That's what I did.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Gold edition gives you a couple worthless costumes and items but the real appeal is the new maps.

Silva

Arcane
Gold edition gives you a couple worthless costumes and items but the real appeal is the new maps.
What are these "reboots" I've read about? Old missions on the new game or something? And if so, are they included in Gold edition?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom