Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium spoilery thread

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Yep, I had that thought early on, which is probably why I passed the check. But it obviously doesn't count without having started the church quest.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Yep, I had that thought early on, which is probably why I passed the check. But it obviously doesn't count without having started the church quest.

No, I had the same issue in my first playthrough, I think there's a bit of a bug with that interaction. You need to have Kim disapprove of the discussion just after passing that check, and then ask him to move aside (another, easier white check, I forgot which skill) so you can discuss the pale in peace, then discuss the pale with Joyce, going through the entire tree. That causes the flags to trigger properly when you get the church quest. Otherwise you get the -10 modifier even if you're knee deep in pale lore.

frajaq

Erudite
another curious thing
in the church there is a shivers check that tells you Revachol will be destroyed in 22 years by a nuclear blast

Does anyone have the full text for that moment? I failed that check with a high phys character at like 97% on my run and just rolled with it :negative:

it sounds like I missed out huge if its the one moment where Revachol really speaks to you in a huge paranormal way

Ensi

Educated
So the firefight happened before I could ask Joyce about the pale and also tell Evart about shit etc. Am I just screwed when it comes to figuring out the pale and everything else? Feels like the game just got cut in half.

Ensi

Educated
Laaaaaaaaame. I probably do but I guess I'll just do another playthrough after a while.

simtam

Novice
So, Disco Elysium could have made the tribunal and Ruby the first trolley problem quest that does not suck, amirite?
(with Kim talking Ruby out of suicide unless you interfere, and the obvious option to attempt deescalate the showdown by lying that Ruby made the murder confession in her final words)

And the whole island debacle could be avoided with bad weather preventing going there until after tribunal, couldn't it?
(that includes getting rid of the "final gift from Klaasje", unless she also suffers from amnesia...)

I call that a wasted opportunity.

axedice

Cipher
What are the highest passive checks you could find? I had 12 logic and 12 rhetoric in the end, but I never saw a passive difficulty of 18. The highest for me was 16, so it seems to me 10 in a skill is enough to find and succeed at every passive check?

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
another curious thing
in the church there is a shivers check that tells you Revachol will be destroyed in 22 years by a nuclear blast

Does anyone have the full text for that moment? I failed that check with a high phys character at like 97% on my run and just rolled with it :negative:

it sounds like I missed out huge if its the one moment where Revachol really speaks to you in a huge paranormal way

Oh my God, this is extremely sad detail that adds a huge amount of fatalism to the setting.

(listens to British Sea Power - Red Rock Riviera and crying)

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Well, anyway, Cuno would be 34, Kim around 60, and Harry would be probably dead from liver shutdown, so, I guess, they would have a full life until blast.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What are the highest passive checks you could find? I had 12 logic and 12 rhetoric in the end, but I never saw a passive difficulty of 18. The highest for me was 16, so it seems to me 10 in a skill is enough to find and succeed at every passive check?
i think the container
there is an impossible (it is called impossible, but i don't know if it was literally impossible or not) there is a visual calculus check on the rich man of why he bends light. i have very high VC too at the time (10)

axedice

Cipher
Wasn't that a white check? I did not have enough visual calculus back then either, but I believe it gives you the köning-druger or whatever effect, you know the physics that bend the light around rich subjects based on the wealth ratio disparity.

I rather meant the passive checks, as in the ones that come up during dialogue where you don't roll the dice and always get 6. They later enable you to roll the relevant white checks etc

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, that's an active one. I also haven't seen anything higher than 16.

vota DC

Augur
So, Disco Elysium could have made the tribunal and Ruby the first trolley problem quest that does not suck, amirite?
(with Kim talking Ruby out of suicide unless you interfere, and the obvious option to attempt deescalate the showdown by lying that Ruby made the murder confession in her final words)

And the whole island debacle could be avoided with bad weather preventing going there until after tribunal, couldn't it?
(that includes getting rid of the "final gift from Klaasje", unless she also suffers from amnesia...)

I call that a wasted opportunity.
In fact I wanted to go to the Island because I checked other places for visual calculus and I was still searching for Ruby: she wasn't in the village so Island was an option, I even romanced with the fisherwoman hoping to use a boat.
They also could insert more dead ends. Losing because no money for second day was an unrecognized game over, they should give you more paths that take you to bad ending (meeting with your team after arresting innocent people) and give a rare path with Island before tribunal.

Tigranes

Arcane
Guys what if Cuno is, like, Cuno grows up to be just like Harry, man, and like, in fact what if Cuno IS Harry and Harry is Cuno, god damn Cuno grew up to be a Harry and now he's all out of disco dashed up on some shitty little inn, and he's gotta solve one more fucking murder, and guess what Cuno is there to help him out, and Harry's gonna help Cuno too, get him to come join the RCM you know, become Detective Cuno and shit, and grow up to be just like Harry, man, and like, what if Cuno IS Harry and Harry is Cuno and

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Tigranes Harry recruited him into the wrong profession. Should’ve pushed Cuno into being a gym teacher—he’s got the perfect attitude—to fulfill Harry’s true legacy.
Hm, poor Cuno is only twelve and already meets another proto-Harry criteria - being completely fucked up in the head because of girl.

MasPingon

Arcane
I don't get why can I go to the Island only after 'final gift from Klaasje'? I used visual calculus on the window before and I even got a quest that told me ecxactly to go to the Island(it was one of possible sniper nest). But there was no way I could go there. Is it some kind of bad design choice? I cant find any good reason why the game stops me from doing it after I'm told to do it.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I don't get why can I go to the Island only after 'final gift from Klaasje'? I used visual calculus on the window before and I even got a quest that told me ecxactly to go to the Island(it was one of possible sniper nest). But there was no way I could go there. Is it some kind of bad design choice? I cant find any good reason why the game stops me from doing it after I'm told to do it.

probably the only bad one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom