Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Sacred 2: Hack. Slash. Grab loot. Repeat

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Sacred 2

<a href="http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/sacred2fallenangel/review.html">GameSpot have reviewed Sacred 2</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>Hack. Slash. Grab loot. Repeat. That formula is followed to a tee in Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, another action-first RPG you can toss onto the pile atop Diablo, Titan Quest, and the first Sacred, now more than four years old. But this isn't just another paint-by-numbers take on the fast-clicking genre that gave too many of us carpal tunnel syndrome. While the new game hews closely to the modus operandi of traditional hack-and-slash role-players, it offsets the lack of innovation with a monster-slaying rhythm guaranteed to hook you so thoroughly that you might as well have been hypnotized. This, plus a decidedly offbeat sense of humor and great multiplayer support, makes the game stand apart from the pack.</blockquote>
<br>
They didn't seem to mind it. On the other, <a href="http://www.realgamer.co.uk/pc/reviews/Sacred_2_Fallen_Angel.html">there's also a review by RealGamer</a> who decided to give it a full serve:
<br>
<blockquote>The opening hour ranks amongst one of the worst I've ever played in a high-profile title. Sacred 2 doesn't bother to get bogged down with the story until far beyond most players have lost hope of ever enjoying the thing, which isn't the best way to plan an opening. After your companion is ridiculously murdered by the weakling swing of a couple of enemy sword blades, it's your job to continue your friend's quest ¨C whatever that may be.
<br>
<br>
The game's mechanics are dated at best, plain awful at worst. I appreciate what Sacred 2 is trying to do: it's a throwback to a more simplistic era of RPGs, an era when the fun came from a combination of frantic slashing and exploration of exciting, well-written characters. But when it becomes apparent that the characters are neither exciting nor well-written at all, the clunky action becomes the game's sole focal point.</blockquote>
<br>
"Bland and unimportant" is the final summary. Sounds like fun!
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPGWatch</a>

Astromarine

Erudite
Sacred 2, at least based on the demo, is so far behind Titan Quest + Expansion in every single category, including graphics IMHO, that it's not even funny.

DaveO

Erudite
Wasn't this game supposed to be released some time in 2009? I've yet to find an outlet in the US that has it at the moment. I know Amazon.com has it available, but I thought that was the international version.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
I got it a month or more ago. It got released here earlier than some territories, a nice change.

Same thing happened with the first Sacred. I was able to get the expansion a couple of months earlier than Saint did.

Solaris

Scholar
I bought it. It's the usual hack'n'slash fare. Big nice world with great attention to detail, but retarded ai, too easy, bugs galore, pointless quests and ultimately boring as fuck. But I got my 2 yearly arpg hit so its all cool...

/goes cold turkey again til D3 or something

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom