Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nahlakh and Natuk

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I DOWNLOADED NATUK I THINK

LOOKS LIKE GOOD SHIT

Breshard

Novice
Anyone ever gotten the adjusting the difficulty to 500% thing for more xp to work? I ran through the starting dungeon on both 100% and 500% difficulty with the same pregen parties and ended up with basically the same xp for both and it didn't seem any harder on 500%.

Breshard

Novice
I'm not far into Natuk yet, most of the caves off the outpost are cleared, but so far Natuk seems far easier than Nahlakh. I haven't come close to losing a fight yet while I remember a few tough fights in the first couple dungeons in Nahlakh.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
You have a bit more freedom in Natuk in terms of which fights you take on and when, which helps. I also remember less fights where getting hit just once resulted in an instagib.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Natuk is more uneven.
You have the option to grind for levels, and if you go south along the west side of the river you'll come to a fortress with an extremely hard fight for a party that has just emerged from the prison caves.

Breshard

Novice
Anyone recall if there's secret doors/passages in Natuk? I know there was some in Nahlakh. The areas I've been in on Natuk so far have mostly been caverns as opposed to man-made structures so I haven't been checking every wall, only likely looking spots. So far I haven't found any secret doors.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
That thread is from 2010?

The good news is that since then Tom put up a new site, the bad news is he lost the old forums and Skeletony's Natuk icons are not available for download.

draylyn

Novice
in natuk im told there is one cave/where you cant track to find it? and have to land on it? can you tell me where to go to find the correct pixel /square for the one cave that tracking wont do any good for at all??
does anyone? have a map for it?? or give a rough idea where to lawn mow?
tracking in natuk sucks so badly..
also which sklill works for searching for hidden loot?

almondblight

Arcane
Interesting:

The way magic works in the game is one of the most interesting parts of the design. Spellcasters do not have a pool of “magic points” or anything like that to power their spells; instead, they use their strength. Casting a spell lowers a character’s strength by a few points, and if their strength is depleted they will start to lose health instead.

Didn't people here go nuts when PoE tied strength to spellcasting?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
in natuk im told there is one cave/where you cant track to find it? and have to land on it? can you tell me where to go to find the correct pixel /square for the one cave that tracking wont do any good for at all??
does anyone? have a map for it??
Archive.org is your friend. And SkeleTony

Natukmap.gif

draylyn

Novice
ive got a kinda idea of materials effects on combat from nahlakh experience.. but the misc items and random unenchanted Jewlery am i supposed to enchant that? or one merchant was selling quartz! what do i do with that except tun my coin into something not coin? am i making a crystal radio!??? any sort of items list or general ideas for misc items not obviously weapons or armour.....(just remembered can boost prayer/magic with spice and insc)

or for materials since it seems natuks different than nahlakh was ...?

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Hmm...it's not on my spell list (must be nearly 100 spells).
The closest match is "Reveal" (but I can't remember what it reveals), which is
Wu Ma Lum

draylyn

Novice
Hmm...it's not on my spell list (must be nearly 100 spells).
The closest match is "Reveal" (but I can't remember what it reveals), which is
I saw the list SkeleTony posted on web archive?? i know Reveal reveals invisible /hidden creatures Im guessing that 'Evaluation'-staff of etc.. showing item/spell property details is a game generated thing and has no PC spell equivalent

draylyn

Novice
thank you for looking and is there a way to recharge items? that are empty ? in natuk?

ShaggyMoose

Savant
My notes say that enchanters can recharge items. At least three of the towns have one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom