Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Delterius

Arcane

barghwata

Savant
There are no flawless CRPG
except bloodlines

Haha, no.

Diablo is a masterpiece.

Also can anyone explain to me what the fuck makes diablo a masterpiece, it's probably the most boring mindless clickfest i've ever played in my life, it's a little better if you play it with permadeath but even then it's still shit, not to mention the fact that some modern hack n slash games like grim dawn completely shit on it, and i don't even like grim dawn.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Flawed Masterpieces[...]

Life Is Strange

:what:
I wouldn't call it a 'masterpiece' by any stretch, but it was surprisingly pretty good. I installed the first episode when it was free on a whim and ended up buying it when I hit the end of the first episode.
Shame they took the series in the complete opposite direction of what the first game purposely subverted because they wanted to pander to the their tumblr fans, but don't judge the first game based on that.

I couldn't get past the feeling that the dialogue was written by middle aged frenchmen pretending to be American teenagers.

Codex Year of the Donut
Also can anyone explain to me what the fuck makes diablo a masterpiece, it's probably the most boring mindless clickfest i've ever played in my life, it's a little better if you play it with permadeath but even then it's still shit, not to mention the fact that some modern hack n slash games like grim dawn completely shit on it, and i don't even like grim dawn.
The only people who think diablo is a "masterpiece" are people who don't realize it was just popamoleification of the roguelike genre.

Falksi

Arcane
Flawed Masterpieces[...]

Life Is Strange

:what:
I wouldn't call it a 'masterpiece' by any stretch, but it was surprisingly pretty good. I installed the first episode when it was free on a whim and ended up buying it when I hit the end of the first episode.
Shame they took the series in the complete opposite direction of what the first game purposely subverted because they wanted to pander to the their tumblr fans, but don't judge the first game based on that.

I couldn't get past the feeling that the dialogue was written by middle aged frenchmen pretending to be American teenagers.

Hella no!

Maybe that's why I liked it. Maybe half the appeal is in wanting to get inside American teenage girls.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
There are no flawless CRPG
except bloodlines

Haha, no.

Diablo is a masterpiece.

>Also can anyone explain to me what the fuck makes diablo a masterpiece
Don't know man. I don't understand how mindless right clicking can be considered a masterpiece.

- Dark Heart of Uukrul (I've never played the Apple II original, so going by the DOS version, the only flaw I can think of about this game is the lack of sound. Everything else is pretty much perfect - still to this day.)

Master

Arbiter

Deus Ex is one of my favorite games but it sure as shit is not a masterpiece if going by the definition that a masterpiece is an as-close-as-possible-to-perfect work. Game is riddled with problems, specifically being far too easy given the amount of options you are given, enemy AI is braindead, which allows stealth to be too easily abused, it was a pretty bad looking game even at release, level design could be inconsistent, and so on. Thief: The Dark Project and Prey 2017 are near to masterpieces of that genre, but both of them have issues as well, especially Prey with, again, being too easy given the amount of options the player is given (common theme with this sub-genre).
Well, sure DX is easy and AI kinda stupid but it fits well with JC being an enhanced superagent with "nerves of steel" personality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom