Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grounded - shrunken kids first-person co-op survival game from Obsidian

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ethics Gradient from the Obsidian forums did some snooping around and found out that Grounded is Project Maine: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/1...is-this-project/?tab=comments#comment-2183501

200px-Flag_of_Maine.svg.png

Maine.

That implies there are three other projects (Mississippi, Illinois, and Alabama) potentially under consideration.

Check it out. Grab a copy of the video loop from https://grounded.obsidian.net --->> https://d1079ywfijtdjs.cloudfront.net/images/grounded/videos/grounded-looping-video.mp4
Parse it for strings, and you'll find:

Code:
   <creatorAtom:windowsAtom
   creatorAtom:extension=".prproj"
   creatorAtom:invocationFlags="/L"
   creatorAtom:uncProjectPath="\\?\C:\Users\mmiranda\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\13.0\Maine 15 Sec Loop.prproj"/>

(Plus Josh Sawyer's game is Project Missouri)

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Ethics Gradient from the Obsidian forums did some snooping around and found out that Grounded is Project Maine:
Pillars of Eternity was apparently not a big enough project to get a state codename with ~20 employees working on it, but this game with 12 employees is?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ethics Gradient from the Obsidian forums did some snooping around and found out that Grounded is Project Maine:
Pillars of Eternity was apparently not a big enough project to get a state codename with ~20 employees working on it, but this game with 12 employees is?

The project naming thing is ultimately pretty arbitrary. We've never even heard of another Obsidian game that used a city instead of a state. Who knows what they were thinking at the time?

Quillon

Arcane
I feel like this being in General RPG Discussion is maximum agenda.

I guess you can say....

...it's grounded here.

What are the ground rules does Grounded rely on for being grounded here? More importantly: Did the Grounded use official Spacer's Choice landing pad? If not slap the Grounded with a fine I say, ekera.

Tim the Bore

Scholar
Serious question, because I don't know why everybody are so angry about this.

It's more like whole Codex got slapped to the face.
Like if there was big TV screen in large room, and whole Codex gathered near it to witness their idol.
And then giant hand protruded from TV screen, and slapped us all at the face.

Why? Because we broke the rule "trust no one".
I see Codex reaction actually as confused.

So the developers are not allowed to try something slightly different once in a blue moon because players were not expecting that? What the difference between 'dex and some typical popamole site then?
Besides, I don't think that Obsidian is treated here as an "idol" - even if they would announce some kind of RPG, everybody would complain too, no matter what would that be. And if I'm wrong then this is a good lesson, because we shouldn't treat companies as our "idols". I used to believe in Bethesda back in the days and look where it got me.

Norfleet

Okay, so, what, is this a game for kids? I'm not sure how well that well work since 6 year olds don't have money, but if it's not for us actual people, well, they can make what they want, right?

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Okay, so, what, is this a game for kids? I'm not sure how well that well work since 6 year olds don't have money, but if it's not for us actual people, well, they can make what they want, right?
We wuz all kids. Lucky ones didn't grow up at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom