Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware .

Codex Year of the Donut
Updated with Dungeon Master.
if youre counting skyblivion you might as well add the other tesrenewal projects like morroblivion (eep) and skywind
Morroblivion is quite old, and Skywind seems unfinished. I included OpenMW over those two for that reason, but I might include those two as well.

Someone care to explain to me what's the point of this?
I mean, why would I want to play OpenMW when I already have a perfectly working Morrowind in my steam library?

Projects like Open X-com (rusty_shackleford does that count?) shows the potential for modding a game with opensource code.
X-Com isn't an RPG :M

Mustawd

Icewind Dale was being remade in the much superior TB engine of ToEE by Allyx but I don't know how active the project is.

Yes! Does anybody know anything new about this?

I haven’t checked in on it lately, but the modder logs his progress in the co8 forums of you’re interested in reading the dedicated thread.

Although the overall design, art, sound story, and music is already provided, converting it using the ToEE tools is still a gigantic task, especially for one person.

https://co8.org/community/index.php?threads/icewind-dale-toee-total-conversion.11868/

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I haven’t checked in on it lately, but the modder logs his progress in the co8 forums of you’re interested in reading the dedicated thread.

Although the overall design, art, sound story, and music is already provided, converting it using the ToEE tools is still a gigantic task, especially for one person.

https://co8.org/community/index.php?threads/icewind-dale-toee-total-conversion.11868/

Looks like two guys are working on it at a very slow pace, if i had to bet, i'd say it's never going to be completed, not in our lifetime anyways.

By the way, any idea where to look to check on WoX progress, if it's a work in progress, i checked ScummVM official website but there's no info but the current compatibility rate, which is good (meaning the game can be completed using ScummVM, i think) ...

Codex Year of the Donut

Looks like two guys are working on it at a very slow pace, if i had to bet, i'd say it's never going to be completed, not in our lifetime anyways.

By the way, any idea where to look to check on WoX progress, if it's a work in progress, i checked ScummVM official website but there's no info but the current compatibility rate, which is good (meaning the game can be completed using ScummVM, i think) ...
The developer that worked on it had a testing period for it early last year so I'd assume they're complete now.
Apparently the author has moved onto implementing Ultima 1 in SCUMMVM https://dm-notes.blogspot.com/2018/05/its-ultimate-unwinding.html?m=1

Codex Year of the Donut

The developer that worked on it had a testing period for it early last year so I'd assume they're complete now.
Apparently the author has moved onto implementing Ultima 1 in SCUMMVM https://dm-notes.blogspot.com/2018/05/its-ultimate-unwinding.html?m=1
oh and I guess I should probably add that I played about 2-3 hours worth of WoX and didn't see any issues

prengle

Savant
Morroblivion is quite old, and Skywind seems unfinished. I included OpenMW over those two for that reason, but I might include those two as well.
openmw and morroblivion are two entirely different things to begin with, altho good on you for not including morroblivion its uhhhhh not great

skywind's actually really been picking up the pace tho, im still not the biggest fan of it but its honestly really impressive

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Well, i tried Darkside for 5 minutes and i don't see how it's worth using ScummVM over Dosbox the default windows horrific sound effects still play if you can't figure out the perfect settings.
Not that i tried, i know from experience it takes hours of digging on obscure websites along with some trial and errors.

Codex Year of the Donut
ScummVM nightlies added support for some Ultima games. I'll update the list when I take the time to figure out how playable they are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom