Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Does anyone like 'Beneath The Stolen Lands' ? It's one of the worse DLCs I've played and won't be re-installing it as part of the base game again. PF:K has some pretty poor DLC to be honest, but not quite as bad as Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Seeker, Slayer, Survivor

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Does anyone like 'Beneath The Stolen Lands' ? It's one of the worse DLCs I've played and won't be re-installing it as part of the base game again. PF:K has some pretty poor DLC to be honest, but not quite as bad as Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Seeker, Slayer, Survivor

Was obviously not up to the standards of the rest of the game, including the boggart areas added to the main game. Xelliren telling you he’s updating his inventory then not updating it, which is still not fixed (!), is just malpractice.

That said, there are some interesting items it adds to the main game, along with a decent chunk of experience, so it’s worth picking up. Once and Future modders will be needed to bring it up to speed.

John Keel

Savant
What do you mean @ monster, the feature creep ?!

Yes I do, except noone but Pink Eye participate in it so I bounce idea/fling shit here.
People did post in the thread, but they are probably waiting for the mod to finish.

Yeah well, it's going to take probably more than a year to be in a somewhat "finished' state ^^

I kinda need ideas/feedback right now, that's all.

Blame Infinitron for no PF:KM subforum

razvedchiki

Erudite

havent played poe2 but i agree about the dlcs of pathfinder,only one worth the price is varnholds lot as you can try out different builds in a small but with good encounter design dlc.

Desiderius

Patron

havent played poe2 but i agree about the dlcs of pathfinder,only one worth the price is varnholds lot as you can try out different builds in a small but with good encounter design dlc.

Wildcards turns out to be better than I thought - a lot of QoL improvements. They’re all worth it, if not up to the high standard of the main game.

John Keel

Savant
Yeah BTSL is a damn scam, I was furious when I tried it the first time

John Keel

Savant
What kind of summon progression do you feel would be fair for a Necro, by spell lvl ?

4: skel 1h+shield | alternative 2handed?
5: zombo 1h+shield | alternative 2handed?
6: ? Maybe some Frost skel sorcerer ?
7: ?
8: ?
9: ?

Desiderius

Patron
Ghosts would be sweet. Abyssal should have Demon with a very high DC to control.

John Keel

Savant
yeah I'm looking at specters right now ... Not sure how balanced they are :(

Ghost,Specters and Shadows are different in the maingame right ?

I thought I could use d20pfsrd as a source for Necromancer, but this shit have almost no summons

Worst case scenario, I can pimp the skels/zombos with new feats+items n shit for later level

Desiderius

Patron
Create Undead does Guardian Armor/Graveknight. There’s a staff that enhances their weapons.

John Keel

Savant
Yes, but there's a gap, Create is lvl8 iirc, and their stats/build are not that great

edit:

When I talk about Necromancer, I'm talking about the (missing) Archetype, not Wizard specializationNecromancy school

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Yes, but there's a gap, Create is lvl8 iirc, and their stats/build are not that great

edit:

When I talk about Necromancer, I'm talking about the (missing) Archetype, not Wizard specializationNecromancy school

I understand. That’s why I suggested ghosts. Create Undead is six or seven, definitely not 8.

Lol just did last Hilltop with Amiri on Obliterator, Tristian on Vanquisher, and newly respecced ValBard as Black Dragon with eight attacks. Ekun with Holy Sworded Devourer still lowering the boom and MC ES with Grandmastered triple Hellfire (10d6 Sneaks) finishing up.

Everything coming together.

John Keel

Savant
Only in the Necromancer spell list, as well as a rare loot Scroll (can't be copied to spellbook)

5RW4jo8.png

:thumbsup:

I know, Specter - Spectre

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Only in the Necromancer spell list, as well as a rare loot Scroll (can't be copied to spellbook)

5RW4jo8.png

:thumbsup:

I know, Specter - Spectre

You could also do the thing they do with summons where each level you get a choice between new thing or greater quantity of previous thing, topping out with Devourer.

John Keel

Savant
Meh, I'd rather have more variety than quantity, but that's a possiblity

How 'bout dat, first "legendary" (I hate the term already) Scroll !!!!!
This one is going to need some quality fluff/lorefaggotery, obviously

Only as a very rare drop, can't be copied into spellbook !

orHTyAr.png

What could it be ....

:bounce:

Desiderius

Patron
Oops!

Jub in Melee.jpg

(forgot to change equipment back to ranged). Now using Neutralizer. Jabberwocks not enjoying Cold Moon from Ekun.

Not getting a word in edgewise (this was supposed to be an ambush for the Jabberwocks):

Jabberwock down fast.jpg

Okbo finally lands a high value Trip:

Okbo Unfair Trip.jpg

Tristian rounds into shape:

Tristian lvl 19.jpg

How to hit with Ekun:

Ekun to hit.jpg

For all you channelers out there:

Brightest Darkness Channel Hat.jpg

Cael

Arcane

orHTyAr.png

What could it be ....

Obongo, shillary and biden the sniffer.

Oh, and they attack you unless you have Protection from Evil on. If you do, they just run away.

John Keel

Savant

orHTyAr.png

What could it be ....

Obongo, shillary and biden the sniffer.

Oh, and they attack you unless you have Protection from Evil on. If you do, they just run away.

Weirdly enough, you're not that far off !!!!!!!

John Keel

Savant
Mix of unfair/hard, but that's for BTSL.

For main campaign I don't know what's best

Honestly, the biggest difficulty factor is your party composition imo

Shadenuat

Arcane
Unfair only because it's the only way to make AI punish you for mistakes in TB.
You generally can run circles around AI in TB and don't even need to max AC to tank since it is so easy to cancel AI full attacks.

That's with standard companions without much optimization.

U can start on Hard and switch to Unfair later if you wish too.

Backing off from Candlemere Island. Volleys of the lightning bolt type ability cris-crossing over my party is just a bit too much, even having arrived prepared. Never seen a "War Wisp", but 3 + Ancient War Wisp groups in such frequent succession are an irritation. The regular war wisps have a CR of 11, whereas my party is largely Level 6. I've cleared 5 groups of them, over what appears to be half of the map. Not sure if I'll back off to the world map and rest off island and return to clear it, or just do other things until my group has a few more chest hairs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom