Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The only reason I did it was for Flury + shuriken ... darts sucks ball, 20 feets + they aint even light weapon (though it's definitely smth that should be fixed through mods, doesnt make sense)

You're more or less stuck with axe for light off-hand. Ornery gets +3 while raging, but only other axe is vanilla +1 before endgame. Shock Jav + Axe was fine but unspectacular.

John Keel

Savant
I modded shuriken as light in my playthrough, 20ft was gimped enough, didnt want to deal with this shit

Desiderius

Patron
I modded shuriken as light in my playthrough, 20ft was gimped enough, didnt want to deal with this shit

Depending on what else you're doing shorter range can be a plus. Do definitely need more/better light throwing weapons.

John Keel

Savant
It was shuriken on halfling so ... yeah, 20 movespeed + 20 range was too much to bare for a shitty cute thematic char

Desiderius

Patron
It was shuriken on halfling so ... yeah, 20 movespeed + 20 range was too much to bare for a shitty cute thematic char

Retreat is min/lvl first lvl spell and Haste doubles speed. Equipment, etc... lot of ways to deal with speed. Short range keeps you closer to the action, which can have various benefits. I like 30 ft range on Jav to keep point blank on.

polo

Magister
Sup with the op duelist swords they keep giving me? I just killed vordakai and at this point of the game i got a shitton of (what seems op) duelist swords but the best falcata i have is decapitator, and im praying i can import the dlc one cause i might be fucked.

They're solid but not OP. Have you got your artisans up?

Should be getting an Adamantine +3 Falc somewhere along there, but if you completed the DLC you can buy Claw after Vordokai.
I meant early/mid game.

Desiderius

Patron
Sup with the op duelist swords they keep giving me? I just killed vordakai and at this point of the game i got a shitton of (what seems op) duelist swords but the best falcata i have is decapitator, and im praying i can import the dlc one cause i might be fucked.

Should be getting an Adamantine +3 Falc somewhere along there, but if you completed the DLC you can buy Claw after Vordokai.
I meant early/mid game.

Buy Keen +1 at Depths or use best available non-Falc until you get Claw.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I meant early/mid game.

Adamatine flaming blazing is early/mid game - if you're lucky with artisan. Otherwise there is a +2 Furious in the Womb in Act 3 maybe?

Desiderius

Patron

I meant early/mid game.

Adamatine flaming blazing is early/mid game - if you're lucky with artisan. Otherwise there is a +2 Furious in the Womb in Act 3 maybe?

That's Decapitator.

Edmund Spenser

Educated
Just bought this and eager to give it a go. In terms of classes, I'm looking for a frontline fighter who's durable but still able to deal respectable damage, or a Sorcerer.

Any suggestions? I've been told that Sword Saints are incredible but I'm wary of the micromanaging. I've basically narrowed it down to Sword Saint/Paladin/2h Fighter/Sorcerer. Any solid, synergistic builds would be welcome.

Also, what is the best all-purpose Bloodline if I went Sorcerer?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Of the listed classes, only Sword Saints and melee sorcerors are decent tank material. With a huge advantage for SS in martial presence.

If you don't want to micromanage much, a Vivi Tripper could be up your alley:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...nd-strats-thread.124160/page-113#post-6080746
Although he can't main tank from the early game (so would need support from Val for example), but by mid-game he should main-tank just fine.

Desiderius

Patron
Of the listed classes, only Sword Saints and melee sorcerors are decent tank material. With a huge advantage for SS in martial presence.

If you don't want to micromanage much, a Vivi Tripper could be up your alley:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...nd-strats-thread.124160/page-113#post-6080746
Although he can't main tank from the early game (so would need support from Val for example), but by mid-game he should main-tank just fine.

Straight up Fighter is solid for a first playthrough. The game doesn’t need to be conventionally tanked if everyone is doing reasonable damage and you’re keeping foes under control. Just need to make sure melees aren’t pincushions and Fighters can do that thanks to armor training letting them get DEX bonus and Heavy Armor.

Sylvan Sorc is lowest maintenance since pets are good early and help alleviate encumbrance, which can be an issue for new players.

Last edited:

Edmund Spenser

Educated
Seems counter-intuitive that a normal Fighter with a greatsword may be better than a 2h Fighter. I guess the 2h Fighter trades defensive bonuses for offensive?

Desiderius

Patron
Seems counter-intuitive that a normal Fighter with a greatsword may be better than a 2h Fighter. I guess the 2h Fighter trades defensive bonuses for offensive?

In base game. Now it’s a blowout because Fighter gets several bonus feats on top of that, including +5 Will which is almost mandatory.

Edmund Spenser

Educated
I've always enjoyed playing straight Fighters, so that sounds great!

On another note though, I've read that Persuasion checks are essential throughout the game on the MC-- will a low CHA and no Class Skill bonus be a massive detriment, or will 1 skill point in Persuasion a level be enough for most purposes?

Desiderius

Patron
I've always enjoyed playing straight Fighters, so that sounds great!

On another note though, I've read that Persuasion checks are essential throughout the game on the MC-- will a low CHA and no Class Skill bonus be a massive detriment, or will 1 skill point in Persuasion a level be enough for most purposes?

There are a few MC only checks, but not all that important first time through. There’s a way to hog the big Persuasion EXP for yourself but easier to just let a companion specialize and share it.

Everyone is 19 for me at beginning of end game and I just shared it.

polo

Magister
Whats the most op build you guys came up with? What mechanichs did you abuse of? Dazzling display, and those kind of aoe disabling skills?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
There were kinda 2 in my case. One more suited for real-time gameplay, the other excelling in turn based (although can be adjusted easily to work well in real-time also):

Vivi Tripper:

Bastard Sword Saint:
dDSQx6C.jpg

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...nd-strats-thread.124160/page-114#post-6121550

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom