Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Swigen

Arbiter
Just saw Dunkey’s review of Death Stranding. Looks pretty shitty so prolly not gonna buy it.

Greenante

Novice
Patron
Insert Title Here
The chance for incline will be lost because Codexers are unable to inject their genes into the gene pool. Female sexual selection literally doesn't want Bioware to come back.

Swigen

Arbiter
The chance for incline will be lost because Codexers are unable to inject their genes into the gene pool. Female sexual selection literally doesn't want Bioware to come back.

I think the 3rd great disillusionment to occur in my life, just after learning Santa doesn’t exist and journalists are actually greedy pretentious retards, is the fact that “legendary” gaem companies don’t “come back” and if the individuals from said companies do come back, it’s only to jew nostalgic fans outta their hard earned cash via Kickstarter.

:negative:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Codex may have to accept that even with inclined developers such as Owlcat, the games industry is now totally satuated with lefty "artistry". Owlcat's Pathfinder: 2 is a great example as it is based on a module written by Amber Scott.

Where the inclined road leads (even with such influences as MCA) on his tortuous path mapped out by SJWs and the scum of humanity - remains to be seen.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
UoVOYWE.jpg

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Edit: Removing link. Don't give this fool any more website clicks.

Roger Ebert:
Video games cannot be art. Perhaps it is foolish of me to say "never," because never, as Rick Wakeman informs us, is a long, long time. Let me just say that no video gamer now living will survive long enough to experience the medium as an art form.

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Roger Ebert:
Video games cannot be art. Perhaps it is foolish of me to say "never," because never, as Rick Wakeman informs us, is a long, long time. Let me just say that no video gamer now living will survive long enough to experience the medium as an art form.

I doubt Ebert cares about clicks for his website these days...

laclongquan

Arcane

Roger Ebert:

Is that sucker declaring games cannot be art. Then people say he's full of bullshit and challenge him to play a few games that people agree is art. Then he whined and said he didnt have gaming rigs. Then people offer free gaming rigs, free setup technician, free games. All he need is to play a few games. Then he capitulated and said he can never play games enough to back his declaration?

Or is that the OTHER suckers? Lots of highminded old farts tried to declare games cannot be art with their really really shitty articles so I cant remember names.

HOw shitty is Roger Ebert you asked? I quote his games cannt be art article "Why are gamers so intensely concerned, anyway, that games be defined as art? Bobby Fischer, Michael Jordan and Dick Butkus never said they thought their games were an art form. Nor did Shi Hua Chen, winner of the $500,000 World Series of Mah Jong in 2009. Why aren't gamers content to play their games and simply enjoy themselves?".

Who were those old farts anyway? One really old chess player, one athelete (ick) and whoevers? Especially Shi Hua Chen. Dear god! Does the man even know the difference between video games and mah jong? Does the man actually know what video games is?

Does he know anything at all?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It is one of the greatest RPGs ever, as long as you're 10 years old. JRPGs are dumb cartoony shit for kids.

Zelda is a adventure game. And there are nothing wrong with it. I love Castlevania SotN and PS1 Legacy of Kain BUT i don't consider both as a RPG

----------------------------------

Here is a controversial opinion. Ultima is the unique good mmo

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I can see read dead retarded people!

But i found out the General RPG discussion, while not retard-free, is nothing compared to the rest of the Codex, those of you who read GD and the likes know what i'm talking about, all the retards walking the earth opened a shop there ...

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I like the combat in Planescape: Torment.

Dragon Age Inquisition has more C&C than most cRPGs.

Underworld Ascendant is an underrated gem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom