Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codexian GOTY 2019

Chose the one true ruller of 2019!

• Total voters

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
What a garbage fucking year this was

For RPG's pretty much.
Other genres got more love this year.

What good games were released? I don't really pay attention.

Looking at a list of games released in 2019 I suppose there is Sekiro but the rest mostly looks like big pile of dogshit.

Sekiro, while good, is the weakest game From has made so far.
As for good games released this year (without counting Sekiro), you have:
-REmake 2
-Devil May Cry 5
-Pathologic 2
-Sunless Skies
-Bloodstained: Ritual of the Nigth
-Outward
-Mordhau
-Outer Wilds
-Ion Fury
-AMID EVIL
-Samurai Shodown
-Code Vein
-A Legionary's Life

Not as good as 2017 or 2018, but still better than 2012 to 2014

SniperHF

Arcane
This is about as bad a list as any of the dark ages years.
At least then you'd get something like a Gothic 3 or Risen which while still kinda decline in some ways is at least trying. Or the odd MOTB/SoZ. Hell even Dragon Age that could be confused for a pre-teen written dating simulator is more :obviously: than most of this shit.

Polanski

Scholar
After a couple of decent to great RPG years, this year seems horrible. I have not found any of these to be worth playing. Is there anything I have missed?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Haven't played Disco so maybe shouldn't vote, but of the ones I played Outer Worlds was the best despite being mediocre. Greedfall was even more mediocre.

Terenty

Liturgist
I might change my Disco vote to Anthem just so Oter Worlds woudnt be on the second place

GloomFrost

Arcane
1-Unofficial Arcanum patch 1.5.1
But really though.
Really though what? Some dont even consider DE a proper RPG and they do have a point. Stygian is simply an unfinished game. Outer worlds is perhaps the worst and the most disappointing thing Obsidian ever made. Gredfall is just mediocre and boring. Anthem is..... well its a...... late bioware product enough said. So yeah UAP 1.5.1 all the way baby.

skaraher

Cipher
The most painful of it all is that Obsidian newest game has less votes than the joke option. How could they fall so low ? New Vegas held so much promises back then but it was their last masterpiece :negative::despair::badnews:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This fight between anthem and TOW does deserve a nice gambling mechanic installed on the codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom