Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Also, can it be confirmed if capcom developed this or outsourced it? ur guys talked about it being outsorced comaprd to RE 2 remake

Given the fast release I would be very surprised if it wasn't.

But yeah, trailer doesn't do it for me at all. Just not an RE3 fan despite RE2 being one of my favorite games ever.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Haven't even gotten around to RE2 yet but I guess I should, as this looks good too. I think Jill's look is fine here, more tactical and sensible for combat but still feminine and attractive.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haven't even gotten around to RE2 yet but I guess I should, as this looks good too. I think Jill's look is fine here, more tactical and sensible for combat but still feminine and attractive.

Yeah, I don't have an issue with the outfit change. It sounds like the classic one is in as an option anyhow.

The one thing that does annoy me slightly, Jill seems to be using a random glock in the trailer. I hope there is a story reason for her not using her signature samurai edge and not just lazy RE7 asset reuse.

The one thing that does annoy me slightly, Jill seems to be using a random glock in the trailer. I hope there is a story reason for her not using her signature samurai edge and not just lazy RE7 asset reuse.

Wasn't there an RE7 asset for the Samurai Edge anyway?

ultimanecat

Arcane
I’m sure it’ll be fine but that short turnaround time worries me a bit. REmake2 had some care put into it and it shows - even the voice acting was understated and honestly pretty decent, but there are a couple lines in that trailer that are terrible.

Oh well, if it’s as good to play then I’m onboard.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Wasn't there an RE7 asset for the Samurai Edge anyway?

Yeah RE7 had two(?) models I believe.

Thinking about it, Jill's samurai edge was actually in RE2 remake as bonus/DLC content, so they should have access to that asset.

I suppose it's possible that the glock is Jill's personal gun and she gets access to the samurai edge later in the game.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Also, can it be confirmed if capcom developed this or outsourced it? ur guys talked about it being outsorced comaprd to RE 2 remake

Very likely, yes. There are at least two logos at the end of trailer besides Capcom, which indicates at least some involvement.

Not sure why it even matters though.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/former-platinum-ceo-forms-resident-evil-3-studio/

Former Platinum CEO ‘forms Resident Evil 3 studio’

Capcom veteran Tatsuya Minami is back involved with his former employer, sources claim
News
10th Dec 2019 / 5:33 pm
Posted by
Andy Robinson
1500x500-e1576001983501-320x172.jpg

Additional sourcing by Dusk Golem.
Former PlatinumGames CEO Tatsuya Minami has founded a new company backed by Capcom, sources have told VGC.
The company, called M-Two Inc, is operating just outside of Capcom’s headquarters in Osaka and is contributing to the development of the publisher’s just-announced Resident Evil 3 remake.
VGC understands that M-Two has been in operation for over a year and is comprised of several former Platinum and Capcom employees. An M-Two Inc logo is visible at the end of the Resident Evil 3 trailer.
Minami has a long history with Capcom, having started out as a designer on Street Fighter II Turbo and Super Ghouls and Ghosts, before producing games in the Resident Evil, Mega Man and Devil May Cry series.
Minami left Capcom to form ODD Ltd in 2006, which was later merged with SEEDS Inc to form PlatinumGames. Minami was president of PlatinumGames until his resignation in 2016.

Tatsuya Minami has a long history with Capcom
M-Two was formed the following year with funding from Capcom, although it’s understood that the company is technically independent and has its own projects.
Some sources indicated that Minami had initially planned to approach his former colleague and Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami to co-found the startup, thus giving the firm its name ‘M-Two’ (Minami / Mikami).
However, it seems the Resident Evil designer decided to remain at Bethesda-owned Tango Gameworks. Minami and Mikami were previously colleagues at both Capcom and PlatinumGames.
Both Capcom and Bethesda declined to comment on this story.
In recent years Capcom has successfully focused on creating new games in its existing franchises. Resident Evil 2, released in January 2019, “exceeded expectations” with sales approaching five million units.
Devil May Cry 5, released in March, shipped two million units in a matter of weeks. And 2018’s Monster Hunter: World is the company’s single best-selling game ever.
You have to go back to 2012’s Dragon’s Dogma for the last time Capcom created a wholly new game franchise.

M-Two is one of several studios working on Resident Evil 3.
It’s in stark contrast to the 2000s, when the company was known as a powerhouse of original games, with the likes Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Monster Hunter, Dead Rising and Lost Planet all arriving during a decade when it was admittedly less risky to launch new IP.
In 2013 the company did announce the dungeon crawler Deep Down, however sources indicated to VGC that the title was shelved despite being in a ‘near-complete state’.
Ryozo Tsujimoto, head of Capcom’s consumer games development division 2 and producer of the Monster Hunter series, told VGC earlier this year that the publisher is “not giving up” on the idea of creating new original game series, despite its recent focus on successful core franchises.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I’m sure it’ll be fine but that short turnaround time worries me a bit.
You're not the first to be apprehensive about that.

My first response is to remember that RE ENGINE was originally used for RE7, then DMC5, then RE2R, and now RE3R. So they made the engine, made a first person game with it, then made a goofy hack-and-slasher with it, then made a tense 3rd person corridor crawling action horror game, and now another tense 3rd person corridor crawling action horror game. In that light it's not surprising that development time would be shorter, as (for good or ill) they don't have to figure out how to do anything new with the engine.

I'm not saying they didn't outsource anything, but there are other obvious reasons for a reduced delay in development.

I want to see more gameplay of this. The Special Developer Message shows a little, you can see the dodge, and they show a lot of zombies on screen, but I want to see more.

Tehdagah

Arcane
So bullshit. Could be making Revelations 3, instead we’ll get REmake 3, REmake Veronica, REmake 4, REmake 5, REmake 6, and REmake 7. Only REMake I want is DINO CRISIS!!!
Capcom has no idea how to move the series forward, they are relying heavily on remakes and ports. There's the Project REsistance thing but it's obviously a very low-budget title and it will packed together with RE3, because fans only buy return to teh roots. RE8 will likely be another VR tech made by same dude who said that gameplay isn't important in Resident Evil.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom