Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Viata

Arcane
He also argues that even if the game was pure combat it wouldn't be enough, because games need to have slower moments
Vanquish was great because it didn't have a fucking slower moments. It's my favorite TPS.

Binary Domain > Vanquish.
This? https://store.steampowered.com/app/203750/Binary_Domain/
If so, I may play it.

Luke Wilson

Barely Literate
Binary Domain = Vanquish = Every re4/gears inspired over the shoulder shooter.
Hot take but this is the only impression I have of them that has endured. The control scheme they chose was badly suited to their over the top action style.

Vorark

Erudite
ELbrnTUVUAE35PE

The screenshot does nuNemesis no favors...

Even the much maligned 2004 movie, which you would expect to fuck things up horribly, was faithful to the Jill and Nemesis character designs:

^ fan of RE6.
One of the best TPS combat systems ever. Imagine throwing it all away for a VR tech demo with 5 enemies and pretending it's a progress.

I happened to see this when it came out because I had just watched something on his channel like the week before. I kind of hate to be like "someone is playing the game wrong" but he's playing the game wrong. If you see a RE6 video, and the person is using cover as much as they're using cover, they aren't really playing the game right. About the only time you should be using cover in RE6 is to regain stamina faster, and you can do that by just jumping on the ground. You should probably be in cover less in RE6 than you're in cover in Vanquish.

If you're running out of ammo by the time you've gotten to that helicopter fight, then how the game is meant to be played hasn't clicked with you yet. I remember playing it running out of ammo with Chris when I'd left China, but that's because the importance of melee hasn't exactly clicked with me yet. Once you get how it's meant to be played, running out of ammo isn't a thing that happens.

Game has problems. There's a half-assed attempt at RE4 style siege stuff in Leon's section that for whatever reason doesn't actually work like the stuff in RE4. The opening of Leon's section sucks. There are too many quick-time events. And because of a couple stabbings in Japan after RE4 the rating system over there got more strict and it (along with RE5) are seriously lacking in violence and for whatever dump fucking reason that didn't make an American cut like they would with RE7 and the new RE2. But of its problems, the gameplay isn't a problem. Although it is a problem the game itself doesn't really teach you how it's meant to be played...it probably should have started you off without a gun.

I can't remember, but the pause issue he's talking about in that video I think is a result of playing the game in the online mode. There is no pause when you have the online mode enabled, even if you're playing by yourself. There is a pause if you turn it off.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter

Since we are going through the RE6 is awesome phase. Here. I fucking love RE6. Fun as hell.

Also find it to be a great closer to the series that consistently has been moving more and more towards action ever since RE2.

Last edited:

Deflowerer

Arcane
Glad to see RE6 apologists on Codex. It's my favorite after RE1 and RE4, albeit I admit unlike with those two, moreso on a very subjective basis as it is indeed flawed.

Where is the follow-up though? :negative::negative::negative:

Adon

Arcane
Count me among the RE6 apologists. The game has a lot of flaws, but the combat system is tons of fun and it helps that RE6 has the most variety when it comes to enemies and set pieces.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom