Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Prime Junta

You need elves because Aloth is really cool!
tumblr_ood1efZUR41sqwbleo1_1280.png
That does not look aloth like him.

Lambach

Arcane
Hardly. We already know the answer. They’ll just deny it’s happening, or ignore it, and go on with business as usual until they die. It’s good enough for us, why would it be any different in Eora?

Well yeah, if you want to be lazy about it. But if you're going that way, what's the point of even making a sequel or a game in the same setting in general? "Gods r faek news" and animancy are the two more-or-less distinct things Eora has going for it. What you're suggesting would ignore both. Gods most certainly won't deny or ignore it and every animancer worth his salt would be all over that shit, trying to fix reincarnation or what have you. If you ignore both of these things, what does the setting have going for it? Fampyrs and totally-not-gnomes Orlans?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
There's another problem with the gods and objective existence that hasn't been mentioned now that I think about it. Recently, I was reminded of Plato's Euthyphro and in that book Socrates asks Euthyphro what reasons we have to believe something is good or bad, Euthyphro answers that it's because of the gods. Socrates, however, retorts that that doesn't solve the issue because if good things are good only because the gods say so, then that means there are no actual reasons behind it, but if they refer to something beyond them we are back to square one because we just transplant the question. I think this can be applied to Thaos' thoughts and the whole metaphysical justification for the objective existence in Eora. Even if the gods were "real", mortals still have no reason for existing. At least not anything that can be justified with the gods. Meaning the "revelation" is even more pointless and we can finally move past that shit.

Please.

Lambach

Arcane
This game looks so beautiful. Shame other aspects of it couldn't match its graphics.

I'd say the soundtrack can be quite top-notch at times. :M

I can't for the life of me find it on its own, but that boss fight theme they've included in the Forgotten Sanctum DLC is pretty sweet:

I've finished Deadfire in TB mode about a month ago and I'm playing Original Sin 2 now, the drop in quality when it comes to the soundtrack is pretty jarring to the ears.

Silly Germans

I've finished Deadfire in TB mode about a month ago and I'm playing Original Sin 2 now, the drop in quality when it comes to the soundtrack is pretty jarring to the ears.

Is the fight taking place on a gigantic anus ?

Last edited by a moderator:

otsego

Cipher
I

I thought you were trolling until I remembered Kirill died and was not the composer for DOS2. Before DOS2, the last time I noticed such a stark decline in music score was when Jesper Kyd was dropped from Hitman

On topic, I found the music in POE1 superior to POE2 though... I didn't even notice it during my playthrough (except for re-use of old tracks).

Gibson

Learned
will probably start my first playthrough tomorrow. going for veteran because, if I recall correctly, the normal/classic (whatever) on PoE1 was somewhat easy and I don't really know what Potd plays like.
Is human ranger a viable option for a charname? would like to go full clepto with pewpew (bow) and a pet. do I get a decent ranged companion? if yes then I don't really need to be one.
if not a ranger, what's the class for a savage dwarf - like a self buffing cleric/paladin with a splash of barbarian? how easy it is to fuck up a multiclass build - should I rather go single class (pally OR barb OR cleric)?

thanks.

(didn't find any "deadfire Builds" topic, if it exists can a mod move it there? please and thank you)

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Just do Potd, game's pretty easy overall

do I get a decent ranged companion? if yes then I don't really need to be one.

MAIA is probably the most VIABLE companion in general, so yes.

if not a ranger, what's the class for a savage dwarf - how easy it is to fuck up a multiclass build

You literally can not fuck up with multiclassing in this game, regardless of what combo you pick, thanks to sawyer's autism

Last edited:

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
like a self buffing cleric/paladin with a splash of barbarian? should I rather go single class (pally OR barb OR cleric)?

thanks.

Do furyshaper + bleak walker (dualclass) for max. damage + some buffs

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom