Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tannhauser pushes The Roots back to 2005

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Roots, The; Tannhauser Gate

Cenega, who are publishing the console-style RPG The Roots for German dev outfit Tannhauser Gate, have announced that the game will be delayed to 2005 in order "to produce the game everyone is hoping for."
<br>
<br>
Well, I'm sure <i>someone</i> out there is disappointed.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamespot.com">GameSpot </A>

Spazmo

Erudite
Well, they sound German and hey--it's not like anyone gives a shit. I bet I could post complete bullshit about this company and its game (Lead Designer swears alliegiance to Satan! Game to be sold in exchange for a pint of virgin's blood!) and nobody would notice.

Ausir

Arcane
Hey, the lead writer for their previous game is my teacher, so don't mess with them!

Dhruin

Liturgist
Don't all lead designers swear allegiance to Satan? :)

Actually, I think their name is quite cool. It's taken from Bladerunner (Roy's speech at the end). Anyway, as you say - noone cares so move along...

Greenskin13

Erudite
Look at him now, taking a bow.

I'll be disapointed if no one else wants to.

Maybe this game will be the German Duke Nukem Forever.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Dhruin said:
Don't all lead designers swear allegiance to Satan? :)

Actually, I think their name is quite cool. It's taken from Bladerunner (Roy's speech at the end). Anyway, as you say - noone cares so move along...

Bladerunner used the name Tannhäuser from a German legend, later turned into an opera by Richard Wagner. Even more useless knowledge.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Wasn't this game cancelled? I'm pretty sure I read something about Tannhauser not existing anymore.

Anyway, JRPGs aren't bad per se. There's quite a few good ones (Chrono Trigger, Earthbound) and a few fun tactical-type ones (FFT 1 and 2), but there's a pissload of horrible ones. Hence the bad rep. Don't forget Anachronox, which was a total blast!

Amerestatistic

Liturgist
I have no problem with JRPGs, although I don't really play them much anymore. I'm rather fond of CT as well.

Just thought this particular newspost was odd. Is the policy to report on every single thing that calls itself an RPG just because it's on PC? Obviously you guys don't report on non-pc JRPGs...

Spazmo

Erudite
That's because this is a PC site.

Rex, Anachronox was good because it was made by lunatic Japanese people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom