Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Grimoire now available on GOG

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Not sure what you hoped to gain telling people you pirated the game.

ADL

Prophet
When you post on the forum where the creator of the game is an active member, then strutting around and telling everyone that you pirated his game makes you a gigantic asshole.

Right... and I'm sure none of you lads here pirated any game Chris Avellone contributed to. The hypocrisy smells deliciously.
Last time I checked there's a world of difference between Cleve and the Bay Area studios Avellone works with.
Glad to see GOG changed their "too niche" policy on this one. Hope it's part of a much larger policy change going forward. If someone wants to sell a DRM-free game and it's clearly not asset flip trash, GOG should let them.

index.php

Arcane
I remember MCA once told us he has enough money to last him a lifetime. Cleve regularly makes jokes about his money troubles.

Wizfall

Cipher
Just bought it.
I was waiting for a true manual and also hoping for a gog release as i dislike steam.

I did not took it for the luz though, having played the demo and being a huge fan of the latter wizardry i have high hope for it.
But even if it's only mediocre thanks for the journey and delivering something Cleve.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Congrats to Cleve for getting his golden baby on GOG. It's a worthy endeavor. Speaking of Grimoire, I discovered a small input lag bug with my corded mouse that normally uses a USB 1000 Hz polling rate. The cursor will very smoothly move around the screen but will occasionally slow so that it feels like it has shifted to a lower DPI then back again. Setting my mouse's polling rate to the typical 125 Hz makes it act normally. Not a biggie though but I wonder if there's an easy fix for this that can be coded.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Finally the manual actually tells most of the things you need to know to have even a faint idea how the game mechanisms operate.

Bought it for old times sake.

Have the balance issues been fixed yet? Is Little Rosie still a one fairy wrecking crew? How is the balance overall? I don't think I can play this until Felipepepepepepepepep green-lights it.

Last edited:

aratuk

Cipher
Didn't he say he would make it eligible for GOG Connect so Steam buyers won't have to purchase again?
Dis a fact?

Looked for where he said it, and found a reference to an apparently now-deleted Steam post :M

he also stated that the game will use gog connect ... so i dont care
http://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/2592234299549531624/

no game is perfect at 1.0 release ... i dont care if there are a few hickups in the beginning

Last edited by a moderator:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
It's not even worth directly replying to the skid mark who blew in here from an imageboard, posturing to show how awesome he is for hating DRM free games and going against the grain to dislike a masterpiece. HRT is a hell of a drug.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'm surprised on the low price. Bought it since the codex mentioned it (a day late though).

i've pirated a few games (usually steam only games) and most are devoid of extras. Kind of crappy. I like try before you buy and wish there were uber short demos of games (though preview and vid gameplays are generally enough these days).
DRM is best esp with extra DLC. Not all gog games have manuals and searching can be a bitch. MOCAGH and replacementdocs help but you will find dead ends for some.

Still waiting on the x64 Mordor though.

The Red Knight

Erudite
There are 600 hour long flights?
There seem to be: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_endurance_record#Refueled,_manned
Longest records with refueling without landing are 1558, 1200, 1124, 726, 653 and 553 hours. Honorable mentions go to a Breitling Orbiter 3 balloon flight that lasted ~478 hours, Space Shuttle Columbia that spent 424 hours in low-Earth orbit, and Rutan Model 76 Voyager that stayed in the air for 216 hours without refueling and after getting damaged during the take-off

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
If you are a Codexer and don't get this game, either you never read the Sir-Tech thread or you need to leave. This is a piece of Codexian lore that proves that Cleve isn't completely full of shit. Real RPG historical shit. If you played RPGs on your C64 or Apple (if you were an applefag) then you have to play this.

As batshit crazy as Cleve is, he really did it. He made a RPG that rivals Wizardry VII. Seriously. One dude. 20+ years. I don't even......

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Can any noob here suggest a balanced party for a first playthrough? Do I need a party of 8 or 6 are enough?

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
8. always have a sage that can cast poison and dedicated healer in that party

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Can any noob here suggest a balanced party for a first playthrough? Do I need a party of 8 or 6 are enough?
1) Get a guy to cast the utility spells like detect secret, armor sphere, identify
2) Get a guy to cast healing spells and to cure status effects
3) Naga Assassin is good, I made one based on suggestion from the manual and he carried me through the first act with unarmed attacks and speed investment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom