Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Something incredible will happen (Next Thursday). Incline.

What is Cleve talking about now?

• Nothing, he's just trolling

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • First shots of WW3 fired before sunset

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • Zep Zepo Finally Busted For Trafficking In Vietnamese Children

Votes: 95 38.2%
  • Total ITZ before noon, followed by absolute chaos and despair

Votes: 35 14.1%
  • Dur-Hurr I will pirate it

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Baby Salt Sold Out At Cost-Co

Votes: 19 7.6%

• Total voters

SilentHunter

Barely Literate
Last edited by a moderator:

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
We went from the Lincoln/Douglas debates and the great speeches of William Pitt and George Washington, to people head swapping politicians onto comic book movie characters. Incline or decline. It's a tough call.

Maybe I can photoshop Lord Acton's head onto Spiderman and cement my argument of the importance of State nullification.
Oh it's definitely decline. But hey, gotta know your audience. Trump has figured out the information system perfectly.
Similar historical anecdote: Lincoln's speeches were considered lowbrow. At the time, politicians often spoke with flowery allusions to Greek mythology, Rome, and all other kinds of Classics stuff. Lincoln spoke in a way more suited to the common man.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
We went from the Lincoln/Douglas debates and the great speeches of William Pitt and George Washington, to people head swapping politicians onto comic book movie characters. Incline or decline. It's a tough call.

Maybe I can photoshop Lord Acton's head onto Spiderman and cement my argument of the importance of State nullification.
Oh it's definitely decline. But hey, gotta know your audience. Trump has figured out the information system perfectly.
Similar historical anecdote: Lincoln's speeches were considered lowbrow. At the time, politicians often spoke with flowery allusions to Greek mythology, Rome, and all other kinds of Classics stuff. Lincoln spoke in a way more suited to the common man.

Also keep in mind Lincoln/Douglas 1895 was done with turns of 60, 90, then 30 minutes of speaking - which was considered brief by contemporary standards.

There were bands, hawkers, and other kinds of spectacles at these debates, but for the most part, even including Lincoln, these speeches were also prepared like the spoken word and wasn't every conversational.

Martyr

Arcane
fCT8XRp.jpg

52 years old and still hasn't heard of the enter key.
facepalm.png

and it gets better:

YISLebx.jpg

m6bUK9j.png

newtmonkey

Arcane
I simply cannot imagine there would be anyone who enjoys classic RPGs, but does not enjoy Grimoire. Reading these negative reviews is like walking into the padded cells of madmen and reading their insanity slopped on the walls with their own shit.

biggestboss

Liturgist
I simply cannot imagine there would be anyone who enjoys classic RPGs, but does not enjoy Grimoire. Reading these negative reviews is like walking into the padded cells of madmen and reading their insanity slopped on the walls with their own shit.
To be fair, I can imagine even true fans being infuriated if they don't know how to fix the mouse tracking/lag issue that plagues certain setups.

Here is the fix by the way if you experience it. It is highly recommended: https://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1744480967002078902/

newtmonkey

Arcane
biggestboss

I get that. If the game doesn't work or whatever, and you've tried to get it to work to no avail, by all means give it a negative review. I've done the same for other games. But none of the negative GOG reviews are saying that, it's all retarded shit that has nothing to do with the game (with the exception of that one retarded guy that has only ever played checkers and tiddlywinks his whole life and then suspiciously bought a hardcore RPG by mistake and hated it then decided to leave a negative review).

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
WHAT
THE
FUCK

1WCzOAc.jpg

I don't use GOG much, but I'm curious, do they let you see hours played and achievements gained, like Steam does? They can be good measures of how valid a review really is

Doesn't seem like it. Seeing other people's playtime on a particular game is probably my favorite thing about Steam. The most credible people are those who spend dozens, if not hundreds, of hours on a game.

Sacibengala

Prophet
WHAT
THE
FUCK

1WCzOAc.jpg

I don't use GOG much, but I'm curious, do they let you see hours played and achievements gained, like Steam does? They can be good measures of how valid a review really is

Doesn't seem like it. Seeing other people's playtime on a particular game is probably my favorite thing about Steam. The most credible people are those who spend dozens, if not hundreds, of hours on a game.
Yes, you can. At least from your friends. Just go to the gog site and see the activity feed below your profile tab.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Imagine thinking "the dev is stuck in the early '90s" as being a bad thing.

If only there were QTEs and lootboxes and gay agendas can it be a REAL 2019 game, baby.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom