Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Grimoire now available on GOG

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
8. always have a sage that can cast poison and dedicated healer in that party
Thanks for the reply, in terms of NPC's, I read somewhere that is good to keep an empty slot for a possible NPC recruit, is this legit or it doesn't matter?

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Oh, you don't need 8 party members. 6 can definitely work although you will have to take care of them more carefully and fights will be more difficult. But there are tons of NPCs in the game so you could recruit one if you want.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Can any noob here suggest a balanced party for a first playthrough? Do I need a party of 8 or 6 are enough?
1) Get a guy to cast the utility spells like detect secret, armor sphere, identify
2) Get a guy to cast healing spells and to cure status effects
3) Naga Assassin is good, I made one based on suggestion from the manual and he carried me through the first act with unarmed attacks and speed investment.
I want a bard in my team, can a bard carry me with the lock picking through the whole game? I don't want to waste a slot for a thief

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Can any noob here suggest a balanced party for a first playthrough? Do I need a party of 8 or 6 are enough?
1) Get a guy to cast the utility spells like detect secret, armor sphere, identify
2) Get a guy to cast healing spells and to cure status effects
3) Naga Assassin is good, I made one based on suggestion from the manual and he carried me through the first act with unarmed attacks and speed investment.
I want a bard in my team, can a bard carry me with the lock picking through the whole game? I don't want to waste a slot for a thief
I've never used a bard but it has carried some notoriety in the initial release of Grimoire for being overpowered and might still be very strong. In that case a 6 party team may well serve to balance it out nicely.
I've tried a bit of lockpicking but didn't have the motivation to learn how it works to much and ended up using knock knock on a caster for unlocking everything. I'm not sure if lockpicking is well implemented or not still.

edit: On the note of Bard; So far in my exploration of the game I have found a staggeringly large number of cool looking instruments that only bards, jesters, and sages can wield. Unfortunately I do not have any of those classes in my party, so if you are interested in wielding any musical instruments, make one of those classes.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Here are some tips for beginners that you may find useful:
http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Beginners_Guide

Definitely get an Assassin or two (Naga or Rhattu). Wolfin Cleric and Barrower Thaumaturge are good choices (lots of extra points and fast mana regeneration). Sage also makes life easier.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Several classes have lockpicking skills, including Sages:
http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Skills

Though you can also use magic to open doors or simply force them open if you have two strong characters.

Sages also have Music skills, just like Bards.

WTF Grimoire ... has .... a .... manual ?!!!?

:bravo:

bDamFWb.jpg

Day 1...it was so worth it for the bragging rights :positive::incline:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Nice moving of the goalposts. It must really sting to be wrong.

This guy is like a severely retarded young adult who his parents take out to a restaurant and have to put a special plastic apron on him with a bib while he eats.

Afterwards, the kid is rocking at the front desk while his parents pay the bill and he sees a dish of mints marked PLEASE TAKE ONE.

He looks around warily, realizing the dish is totally unguarded, grins at his own cunning and his hand darts out and seizes one of the mints. He bolts running through the restaurant doors with the mint clutched in his hand, dodging the parking valet and the concierge while his parents scream out to stop him.

Running at breakneck speed and laughing with glee he heads down the freeway running alongside traffic at night for the next eight hours. It is approaching midnight and he is dehydrated, clothes dirty and torn from a brief run through some thorny bushes beneath the overpass. He is covered in sweat and grease.

He stops at an abandoned gas station off the exit ramp, climbs into the restroom through a broken window and hides inside one of the stalls, perched on the toilet seat in the semidarkness to slowly open his hand and drool over his prize, confident he has pulled off an amazing heist.

Four days later his parents get a call from the cops after he is found dead in the restroom, hopelessly trying to operate the sink taps for a drink of water without success. He has eaten the mint.

THIS GUY APPARENTLY DOES NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT "DRM-FREE" MEANS

Diggfinger

Arcane

This guy is like a severely retarded young adult who his parents take out to a restaurant and have to put a special plastic apron on him with a bib while he eats.

Afterwards, the kid is rocking at the front desk while his parents pay the bill and he sees a dish of mints marked PLEASE TAKE ONE.

He looks around warily, realizing the dish is totally unguarded, grins at his own cunning and his hand darts out and seizes one of the mints. He bolts running through the restaurant doors with the mint clutched in his hand, dodging the parking valet and the concierge while his parents scream out to stop him.

Running at breakneck speed and laughing with glee he heads down the freeway running alongside traffic at night for the next eight hours. It is approaching midnight and he is dehydrated, clothes dirty and torn from a brief run through some thorny bushes beneath the overpass. He is covered in sweat and grease.

He stops at an abandoned gas station off the exit ramp, climbs into the restroom through a broken window and hides inside one of the stalls, perched on the toilet seat in the semidarkness to slowly open his hand and drool over his prize, confident he has pulled off an amazing heist.

Four days later his parents get a call from the cops after he is found dead in the restroom, hopelessly trying to operate the sink taps for a drink of water without success. He has eaten the mint.

Cleve secretly writing the script for the unofficial Hitcher sequel
:avatard:

Last edited:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I want to buy a copy for my brother for Christmas but as he has so far not played a blobber and I haven't been able to get a guarantee from him to play MM6 to experience blobber, I'm not so sure :negative:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I want to buy a copy for my brother for Christmas but as he has so far not played a blobber and I haven't been able to get a guarantee from him to play MM6 to experience blobber, I'm not so sure :negative:
Just do it. It's $7. Not much to lose. Who knows? Maybe he'll come around and enjoy it in the future.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

THIS GUY APPARENTLY DOES NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT "DRM-FREE" MEANS

I still pirated your game.

EDIT: I launched the game, looked at the character portraits, had a hearty laugh, and exited.

Less brain is never better than more brain. When you're missing frontal lobes, you don't respect property.

You didn't "pirate" the game with your eleet hacking skillz. You simply didn't pay for a game that is distributed with no protection. Again, you ate the mint.

You believe yourself to be really cool - again, you lack frontal lobes or have damage to the forepart of the brain and have no capacity for self reflection. Less brain is never better than more brain. If there is anything more embarrassing than claiming to have "pirated" GOG games, it's coming to the release thread and boasting about how you did it ... not realizing just how pathetic that sounds.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
When you post on the forum where the creator of the game is an active member, then strutting around and telling everyone that you pirated his game makes you a gigantic asshole.

Right... and I'm sure none of you lads here pirated any game Chris Avellone contributed to. The hypocrisy smells deliciously.
fuck off newfag

4chan called. They want their potato back. They miss you very much, and promise to piss on your mom only twice per day.

[IGNORE]

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Just bought it. Already owned it on Steam and hadn't played it (never played a blobber before), but I like GoG, and Cleve is an atavistic superhuman, who is owed the loyalty of the degenerate lesser hominids who yet prowl this forlorn globe.
PfdheNO.png

:yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom