Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

eXalted

Arcane
qJh9pe0.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Max Payne 2

I've added the Payne Evolution mod that tried to import the new mechanics from MP 3. And it works. Every weapon is more deadly, and it goes both ways so skirmishes are really interesting and crowd control is really important. Also the shotguns are more useful. Well, there is no cover mechanics but the game doesn't really need it since the levels weren't designed for them anyway. I thought that the vanilla game couldn't be better but I was wrong. The game seems to be harder, especially when we reach the end, but nothing that is the plus in my book. Also, there is some music included from the next installment as well. Especially the track, that was playing in New Jersey part.

maxpayne22019-10-1718mak9a.png

maxpayne22019-10-1718jrkgo.png

maxpayne22019-10-17194vj78.png

maxpayne22019-10-16227ljyq.png

maxpayne22019-10-1719hzj8l.png

maxpayne22019-10-1819zfk03.png

maxpayne22019-10-1819wuk9p.png

maxpayne22019-10-18195wkdv.png

maxpayne22019-10-1717uqk4b.png

maxpayne22019-10-19139xjp3.png

maxpayne22019-10-1913btkaq.png

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
This is a nonlinear game now?
It gets even less linear, or rather less straightforward, in The Spider God, which I had to use a damn guide to finish. Because you have to go back to some obscure place in a previous level from the main game to get the thing you need to open a gate in the new level. Both of the DLCs are worth playing though. The Slaves' Fortress is one big Return of the Jedi homage and it's hilarious.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is a nonlinear game now?
It gets even less linear, or rather less straightforward, in The Spider God, which I had to use a damn guide to finish. Because you have to go back to some obscure place in a previous level from the main game to get the thing you need to open a gate in the new level. Both of the DLCs are worth playing though. The Slaves' Fortress is one big Return of the Jedi homage and it's hilarious.
The thing is I saved all the maidens the first time around, I just missed the witch in the previous level (is she even there on the first try?), so I thought she would be a mid boss in the last level or something. I remember a door that I couldn't open with a spider on it in the apemen level, so that's probably it. Can you do it before playing the DLC or do you have to play the DLC and then go back for it?

This barbarian game looks very weird, it's shitty and but at the same time there's something cool about how it looks.

Age of Barbarian use digitized sprites, a graphic techniques that were used in various video games during the late 80s to 90s, that nowadays is pretty uncommon.
But thanks to modern days, we were able to realize a graphics in HD and after a patient work of photo editing and hand drawn, the final result is absolutely unique and original.
Artistically speaking, Age of Barbarian tries to be as close as possible to an on-screen representation of the various illustrations of the great artists of the fantasy genre, such as Frazetta, Vallejo, Bisley and all the others good ones.
It does have that cheap shitty look, but it's pretty cool too, especially in motion, most enemies also have multiple death animations depending on your attacks. It's a breath of fresh air after the wave of "retro 2D pixel graphics".

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
(is she even there on the first try?)
Yes, I sent her to her demise before getting to the end boss and never saw what happened if you didn't. It's pretty neat that it makes a difference actually.
I remember a door that I couldn't open with a spider on it in the apemen level, so that's probably it.
Yup, that's the one.
Can you do it before playing the DLC or do you have to play the DLC and then go back for it?
IIRC you pick up a key from the DLC area, go back to the spider gate, get the thing and then go back to the DLC area.

Edit: And the way you get the key is also sort of convoluted, you don't just pick it up but has to save someone from a witch to get it. You do this before you get to the spider fortress itself, go right in the second (maybe?) cave system filled with shallow water. I missed that and stumbled around in the spider fortress forever, trying to find the witch and the kid.

Thankfully the other DLC is much more direct and it's not as easy to miss stuff in it.

Last edited:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Captain Claw
gIbdLDO.png

:x: the game
It was hard during my chilhood, it's still hard now. That catgirl with a whip was as far as i made it back then.
Still looks very pretty though.

Vatnik Wumao
It was hard during my chilhood, it's still hard now. That catgirl with a whip was as far as i made it back then.
Played it back in the day, but I don't remember it being that bad.

...That lava level in Aladdin though. Now that was annoyingly hard.
iu

I also remember having issues with the water sections in Lion King, but that might've been more of the fault of shitty PC port.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Captain Claw
gIbdLDO.png

Eh, it's not that hard until level 10 or so, then it gets crazy in some parts. The optional treasure paths are hard from the start and only get tougher.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Captain Claw
gIbdLDO.png

Eh, it's not that hard until level 10 or so, then it gets crazy in some parts. The optional treasure paths are hard from the start and only get tougher.
The thing is i can't just walk away from these treasure paths, i must gather all the gold i can. This urge is unresistable.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Good luck with that, I've never cleared some of these in the later levels.
There's this one part in the Cliffs with moving platforms and arrows shooting from the walls, you have to do a similar jump a few times in a row with different timing each time or restart the whole thing from a checkpoint, that's some proper:x

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
screen0118.png

this baltic bombing is somewhat perilous

screen0119.png

what a shame

screen0121.png

:M

screen0122.png

the bombing will continue

screen0123.png

to a predictable end

screen0124.png

:M

screen0127.png

nice batting

screen0128.png

very mlg

screen0130.png

:hmmm:

screen0132.png

what could possibly go ronk

screen0133.png

oh, it werked

screen0134.png

but will this werk?

screen0135.png

well

screen0136.png

in a way :lol:

screen0144.png

take two

screen0145.png

a cow can go through the eye of a needle

screen0146.png

screen0147.png

screen0148.png

this is somewhat optimistic

screen0149.png

:hero:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom