Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Playing with RNGesus & Frens.

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It is my belief that when you play singleplayer against random dicerolls, these dicerolls are not just generated randomly but are influenced by whoever is able to like demonic entities or friendly Hafvun unifrens, personal guardian angels/guiders or something like that and of course God.

Has any one of you ever felt contacted by random chance? perhaps in retrospect?

Share your stories or discuss this phenomenon ittt

Citizen

It is my belief that when you play singleplayer against random dicerolls, these dicerolls are not just generated randomly but are influenced by whoever is able to like demonic entities or friendly Hafvun unifrens, personal guardian angels/guiders or something like that and of course God.

Jesus rolls your dice, and satan tries to hinder him lowering the roll. If you are free of sin you will always get nat. 20s.

BUT! this is of couse only true if we are talking about physical, real dice. Computer RNG is a demonic simulation so it always rolls unfavourable numbers because Jesus can't help you inside a computer

Ever seen idiots who hate RPGs because they "always miss 3 times in a row with 95% hit chance"? Those are demon peple

Harthwain

Magister
The only game I recall that legitimately cheated on rolls was XCOM 2, where developers openly admitted to doing it. Besides that, how you roll is largely dependent on what your dice rolling system is (dice plus modifiers).

Seeking any hidden influence on the rolls (besides the usual probability), especially from God, is a clear sign that you need to seek professional help.

Last edited:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Has any one of you ever felt contacted by random chance?
Only feel contacted by random chance when I'm not drawing the infinite flush life always never deals.....wait

iu

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
It is my belief that when you play singleplayer against random dicerolls, these dicerolls are not just generated randomly but are influenced by whoever is able to like demonic entities or friendly Hafvun unifrens, personal guardian angels/guiders
Hush, you fool ! They'll hear you.

Generic-Giant-Spider

The truth is, "RNG" doesn't exist. It's all fabricated shit we tell ourselves to feel better. When you play a multiplayer game, you lose horribly, it wasn't your fault, the team you were on sucked. Fighting game? Controller wasn't working and the guy was using a boss character. RPG? Sure, the dice fucked you over.

Well it didn't. None of it did. Your team didn't suck, your controller did work and Balrog hasn't been a boss since 1991 and you should've rolled better.

Git gud skrubs. GIT GUD, YOU FUKN SKRUBS.

GIT GUD ROLL BETTER GIT GUD

Dyspaire

Cipher

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Role playing Barbarians and Lone Wolf in Battle Brothers, I truly felt closer to RNGesus.

Old Hans

Arcane
any time the enemy lands a low % attack one me, I know the game is cheating, but if I make that 2% long range shot. I won it fair and square

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
You should install TempleOS and check out the included software, some of it will blow your mind.

huskarls

Scholar
dicerolls are a game of chance similar to gambling. Its existence is the work of the demiurge who uses petty thrills and electronic entertainment to enthrall us to the evil of reality

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Everyone (except us monkeys and such) can influence random rolls on a computer. Although 99 percent of them are unaffected by beings.

Cut it with the solipsism derivatives and accept that every mind is under the influence from 'spiritual' (read: other living beings) 'forces' of various magnitudes and intents.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

"She won't lie, she won't lie, she won't lie ..."

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom