Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Harebrained Schemes General Discussion Thread

Will HBS stay on the path of the incline?

• Yes, it will always stay on the right side

Votes: 26 9.7%
  • For some time yes, then it will inevitably fall

Votes: 45 16.8%
  • It already started becoming a decline

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • It is alrady a decline

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • It was never an incline to begin with.

Votes: 69 25.7%
  • How the fuck could I know?

Votes: 47 17.5%
  • kingcomrade in order to make well thought answers meaningles

Votes: 18 6.7%

• Total voters

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Completely forgot Paradox bought HBS. Now, with Obsidian and inXile being part of Microsoft, is Larian the last big independent RPG focused studio out there?

gestalt11

Arbiter
#womenintech except none of those are programming positions. It makes one wonder how cynical these douchebags are, I bet they know that only like 1 in 100 women has any interest in programming a computer and just put crap like this on tweets to get brownie points. I wonder when the #womeninmedicine hash tag will trend, oh wait they already dominate the medical fields that might hurt their stupid narrative. Actually given Battletech I am pretty sure they are just dumbass true believers, what a bunch of fools.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Shadowrun is a fun setting, though, sometimes even an eerily close prediction of our actual future (companies being the political elite), so I'd like more games in this setting, just a different engine and a bit better combat and builds.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Shadowrun is a fun setting, though, sometimes even an eerily close prediction of our actual future (companies being the political elite), so I'd like more games in this setting, just a different engine and a bit better combat and builds.

Companies being our political elite is our past too. Just look at the East India Trading company and there are similar examples from Roman times. Indeed this is where the formulation of "laissez faire" came about, too many inbred politico getting involved in the french companies, the french trade minister went to the successful merchants and asked em how to help them kick the British merchants ass and they said "stop meddling and let us do our thing". There is always an incestuous relationship between large trading companies and the political elite, the nature of it fluctuates. Shadowrun's main departure is that the companies are, essentially, sovereign governments in-and-of themselves but not tied specifically to geographic land holdings. Which I find dubious, because actual states would kill them with extreme prejudice, but is not so unbelievable that I won't go a long with it for a fantasy or even sci-fi setting. The only thing in current times that vaguely resembles this are the international banks, however be assured each one has a sovereign nation whose bread they are required to butter. Although Citigroup is almost there, perhaps, since they do so much disparate forex, even so they are beholden. The banks , as they currently are, can't exist without sovereigns and vice versa. And either side will fuck each other in the ass if they get out of line too much. The nature of this dependency is too arcane to get into, but suffice it to say they are almost completely inseparable. Its deceptive because this dependency allows them to do almost anything they want in many other ways ( although some of that is that they are actually directed by sovereigns to do shady things making it even more deceptive).

It really amazes me how many people think this shit is new or something. Its like when the Marxist Stage Theory/Historical materialism came out in the 1800s everyone's understanding of history slowly became more and more radically retarded finally reaching the modern level of complete dumbassery as such pseudoscience non-sense now dominate modern humanities.

Harthwain

Magister
That's even better than another Shadowrun game. Since they're at Paradox now, it's probably a World of Darkness game, right?
Could be. If they were talking about the actual horror game, then my theory would had been on Lovecraft universe.

The World of Darkness always struck me to be more suited for an RPG setting than a horror game, since you're being the monster. The way around it would be by making a significant part of the game into you being a vampire hunter fighting monsters, only to be turned into the monster yourself at some point. Besides that, it's hard to make a turn-based horror game. However, we're talking about a "horror-themed game" and you can get something atmospheric with a turn-based game (Arkham Horror being a good example).

The mention of "strategy or tactical-combat game" is very hopeful, but words are the wind so I will wait for something more substantial.

#womenintech except none of those are programming positions. It makes one wonder how cynical these douchebags are, I bet they know that only like 1 in 100 women has any interest in programming a computer and just put crap like this on tweets to get brownie points. I wonder when the #womeninmedicine hash tag will trend, oh wait they already dominate the medical fields that might hurt their stupid narrative. Actually given Battletech I am pretty sure they are just dumbass true believers, what a bunch of fools.
You're being too semantical.

Yes, those aren't programming positions, but they are positions involved in making a game and they want to show they're looking for women to help them get into the industry. They could be doing this for show or they could be really believing in it, but to me the more important thing is: will they give these jobs to women simply because they are women (to fill the Swedish 50-50 quota), or will they give them to people who are the best for these positions? I don't really care who the person in question will be, as long as the game they make will be good.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Completely forgot Paradox bought HBS. Now, with Obsidian and inXile being part of Microsoft, is Larian the last big independent RPG focused studio out there?
You're forgetting about the biggest one, CDPR. Unless you're one of those people who think TW3 isn't an RPG.

Could be. If they were talking about the actual horror game, then my theory would had been on Lovecraft universe.
Enough with the Lovecraft games ffs. There's other settings for horror.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
The only thing in current times that vaguely resembles this are the international banks, however be assured each one has a sovereign nation whose bread they are required to butter.

Amazon. Google. Facebook. You choose it.

Just wait 10-15 years, pal.

Harthwain

Magister
Enough with the Lovecraft games ffs. There's other settings for horror.
That's true. In fact, I'd go even further: you don't need an already established setting to create a horror (although it helps). Still, my main point was that World of Darkness isn't suited for horror. Unless you're playing as human. But in the World of Darkness being human is merely a starting point. At most.

680x0

Learned
A TRPG that follows the geography of Dante's Inferno. The final boss fight is against Judas wielding the spear of Longinus fought under the looming frozen body of Lucifer.

Nah, it will probably be Lovecraftian-lite Wil Wheaton bait.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They are able to make a good game only in the shadowrun setting. They are too libtards and sjws to be able to write a good game in a more serious setting. Shadowrun mesh well with the sjw retardism and it is not that obvious because you expect some broken weirdo with purple hair to be a degenerate mass murderer selling to the highest bidder. In any other game they make,their sjwism is obvious and annoying. If it is a vampire game,it will be a total mess. They will go with the modern white wolf lore and go full on tranny-furry retards fighting to put the white cis male in his place.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Screw that, I want a Wraith: The Oblivion or a Geist: The Sin-Eaters CRPG.
TBH I can get sold on Changeling, aka Otherkin: the Glamourbombing as well.
I'm pretty sure not even the WoD fan remembers about those. :lol:
А friend of mine who is tangentially interested in the WoD mentioned Wraith and Changeling first when I told him there are suspicions HBS are working on a WoD RPG. So, yeah, people do occasionally remember those ;p Well, he writes furry erotica for money, so he might not be the best example, but still.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom