Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Stormworks - search & rescue with building vehicles

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Great game, recently discovered seriously it rocks.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/573090/Stormworks_Build_and_Rescue/

“"a nice mix of relaxing delivery missions and enjoyable heroic rescues"”
PC Gamer

“"The constant reward for being creative and finding unique solutions is intoxicating and it is hard to put the game down after picking it up."”
8/10 – Gadgetguy

SWtitlegif.gif.jpg

Stormworks-Build-and-Rescue.gif.jpg

Join a world where you design, create and pilot your own air sea rescue service.

Stormworks: Build and Rescue is a rich and dramatic physics playground. Take your custom-designed, block-based and programmable vehicles into fierce oceanic storms. Plan and execute thrilling rescues in a variety of challenging crisis scenarios. Export and share your meticulously designed vehicles and missions with other players via the Steam workshop.

Stormworks: Build and Rescue - create, rescue and release your inner hero!

Featuring

2-Game-Modes.gif.jpg

Creative mode
Creative mode is suited for players who like to let their creativity run free and wild. In this mode, you are not limited by the number of components allowing you to create large and complex vehicles from the outset. Ideal for players who like to create scale replicas of real-world vehicles or Wacky and ambitious creations of their own design.

Career mode
Career mode focuses on progression and an overarching plot of starting your own search and rescue service from humble beginnings and building it up to cover the entire Stormworks: Build and Rescue world map. You will initially start off with limited components and build space and will have to complete various missions to unlock more components and money to buy larger building areas.

Survival difficulty options
You are now able to turn on the survival difficulty options in both creative and career mode. These settings will deliver a real challenge as it adds an extra level of difficulty to your search and rescue operation with the most in depth and advanced game features including: advanced engine and fuel mechanics, vehicle damage and a variety of player damage types that can result in player deaths including:
  • fall / impact damage
  • fire damage
  • prolonged exposure to the sea resulting in hypothermia
  • mechanical damage (rotor blades)
  • water pressure damage
  • ...and Sharks!

5e55d6daafabbf8ecd56c164d824b0004ce3fcba.jpg

Vehicle-Design.gif.jpg

Construct vehicles by placing blocks in a rich editing suite, customize them with your own design and program their behaviour using the powerful in-game logic system. Choose from a wide array of components to assemble your own rescue helicopters, boats, submersibles and more…

Building_StoreGif.jpg

Navigate,-Steer,-Pilot.gif.jpg

Take to the sea, land or sky in your newly created vehicle. Navigate through over 15,000 square kilometres of ocean and islands in an amazingly dynamic world. Players will need to ensure that they create the right vehicle for the job as every mission is unique.

SWnightboat.gif.jpg

Run-your-own-coastguard.gif.jpg

Design specific vehicles to respond to challenging missions across open oceans, island facilities, remote rigs and more. Rescue survivors from the water, fight fires, help repair oil rigs, operate nuclear power station machinery and more. Create and share your own missions using the rich missions editor. Unlock new locations and components in career mode or explore your imagination in creative mode.

Arctic2Opt_copy.gif.jpg

Play-With-Friends.gif.jpg

Join your friends in cooperative multiplayer as you operate multi-crew vehicles, and execute complex missions involving careful planning and coordination.

Dramatic-Simulated-World.gif.jpg

The day-night cycle and dynamic weather system create diverse environments to put your creations to the test. From calm sunny mornings, to unforgiving stormy nights and even tsunamis - strong winds can turn the ocean from gentle ripples to fierce heaving waves, affecting your vehicles using physics-based hydrodynamics and displacement-buoyancy systems.
Easy tutorial guides - showing SOME basics of game features.

Easy tutorial guide

Last edited:

Destroid

Arcane
Looks like this borrows very heavily from From The Depths, although this theme is pretty interesting.

It's easy to get into, you can download from Steam Workshop not only missions [that can integrate into ones generated in the career mode too] and vehicles, but also various logic gates, scripts [all done be ingame parts and stuff] .

Physics in the game are just incredible, not only wind and waves, air physics, but also fires, etc. BUT FLUIDS are also working with physics, so Fuel in pipes [or water] are under gravity , force, weight , flow etc.
You can place and make your own working huds, metres, gearboxes, engines, etc.

It has career , sandbox and fully customizable cutom mode. It can be played perfectly single or multiplayer.

You can program and construct anything, weather stations, radars, guided missiles, cameras etc. :

Im buildingnapalm bomb now similar to that:

Last edited:

Magitex

Educated
I bought this about a year ago or so, but I feel like it hasn't matured much for actual search and rescue. There's a lot of A to B with no depth to search or rescue operations, all of the real effort seems to go to the vehicle builder; I already played a ton of From The Depths so I'm not that amused by the developer direction thus far. :obviously:
Last time I played with the mission creator to actually make some missions with more than A to B, it was some horrible visual design thing with no script capabilities (which explains why the missions are so basic), a very odd omission given they have Lua for vehicle components. I can't find any mention of the mission editor getting script support so I assume it hasn't changed.

:negative:
I can only hope the developers realize the editor needs real script support before I die of old age.

What? Man we have working in game two cores processors now , i mean real working computers designed and ram memory all done by ingmae assets. Game is incredible flexy, you should try it today , its not only vehicles!. Im building gas chamber now, yesterday i builded working air locked room when trapped person dies from lack of air beiung pumped out outside. You must play really different game. We have working radars, sonars, and dozen of Wonder things now, sensors, logic gates, and just incredible potential of easy creating missions like sub rescue, fires, building fires, flooding, tsunamis, etc. you can even make a tornado that destroy buildings with simple microcontroller and some creativity. And game recieves weekly updates. Not to speak about educational value, people design games inside like tetris or flappy birds too , playable ingame.

Destroid

Arcane
I bought this about a year ago or so, but I feel like it hasn't matured much for actual search and rescue. There's a lot of A to B with no depth to search or rescue operations, all of the real effort seems to go to the vehicle builder; I already played a ton of From The Depths so I'm not that amused by the developer direction thus far. :obviously:
Last time I played with the mission creator to actually make some missions with more than A to B, it was some horrible visual design thing with no script capabilities (which explains why the missions are so basic), a very odd omission given they have Lua for vehicle components. I can't find any mention of the mission editor getting script support so I assume it hasn't changed.

I can only hope the developers realize the editor needs real script support before I die of old age.

Hows the builder in this compared to FtD? I was very impressed with FtD keyboard building interface. And the physics? FtD was a pretty jank for aircraft last time I played but decent for ships and bad for ground vehicles.

Magitex

Educated
FTD is still not the most realistic simulation in all the land for sure, it's just that all the systems really matter and building your vehicles intelligently really makes a difference in gameplay. In Stormworks it probably doesn't matter even if you ride a donkey into the mission. Aircraft are still fairly odd in FTD thanks to the mixed complexity of simple jets and the actual jet engines, land based animals are probably just as bad as ever - I'm sad we never really got proper tracked vehicles (or good pathfinding for them).
I don't really have a strong opinion of Stormworks physics, particularly for aerial, but I'm sure they're superior to FTD.

As for the builder, I much prefer the FTD builder - even though it has a pretty huge learning curve and a hundred hotkeys, Stormworks is a little slow comparatively, but with a much cleaner UI. Stormworks vehicles are a fair bit more flexible for looks, and it's nice having properly functional dials and buttons, something FTD doesn't do well. I can't get behind purely aesthetic designs though so I find FTD infinitely more interesting to design for, since you always have to account for a ton of factors to have a combat worthy vessel.

All that said, I'm probably not fit to make comparisons between the two - I just haven't played Stormworks for long enough, it just doesn't captivate me to build vehicles like FTD did. I'm hoping the search and rescue aspects get a lot more involved in the future, it does sound like the developers are at least thinking about them.

Magitex

Educated

:dealwithit:

Someone high up must have heard my plights, as recent news for Stormworks states that they are now adding proper Lua script support for mission makers and server management. Now we might see some really interesting scenarios for Stormworks appear, might even fire it up myself to work on one.

Dear Stormworkers,

One of your most frequent requests are more tools to mod Stormworks, with more control and power over what you can do.
This week we want to announce a new upcoming feature that we have been working on:

LUA scripting for game, player, mission, and/or multiplayer management!

In a major future update, we are adding a LUA editor that allows you to create, share and download game mode scripts!

:shittydog:

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The game is now 1.0.

I put about 100 hours into the early access, all over a month or so, so I can't say if it changed much over development. But I loved it. Time to get back into it.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
O wow, they seem to have really messed it up.

They removed research, you start with everything in career mode now, it's just creative mode limited by money. I don't like having no other way of progression. I might put this back for now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom